• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Congrats Mr. Feel... Around Sep 30th all of us should trade pics with each other put a face to the user ID ;)

Kinda feel bad for the 2012 'winners' we are lucky something like that didn't happen to us...

Asia moved faster this year, so I am current in July for CP. In fact, KCC has already assigned an interview date for me. Is it too late to change to AOS? I don't know the processing times for this time of the year, but would it be risky to pursue AOS instead of CP considering I am current in July? If anybody has any insights on this, please share.

In my point of view, it is not going to be wise for you to change to AOS. Traditionally, AOS takes 3-4 month long process to complete (though this time frame is not guaranteed). And also changing to AOS will take some processing delays.

But again, this is my personal opinion. I am not expert of this.

Asia moved faster this year, so I am current in July for CP. In fact, KCC has already assigned an interview date for me. Is it too late to change to AOS? I don't know the processing times for this time of the year, but would it be risky to pursue AOS instead of CP considering I am current in July? If anybody has any insights on this, please share.

I agree with Sharminlee. But it is your call.

Thanks ssj1. We will meet in "N-400 for DV 2011 AOS Only" Forum again. How about that?

Congrats Mr. Feel... Arou

nd Sep 30th all of us should trade pics with each other put a face to the user ID ;)

Kinda feel bad for the 2012 'winners' we are lucky something like that didn't happen to us...

@ feel: Nothing changed so far. I called KCC and they told me that my files were transferred to the field office on the 29th of March. It seems that there is no problem from KCC side. I hope that my status is gonna change soon!

Im a dv winner 2011 from cote d'ivoire. I need someone help me by God grace to find an affidavit of support i134 and tax return. my relative in USA cannot find this forms for me.
I very need it for my interview.
Person who want to help me in anyway way can contact me at my e-mail moryjamal@gmail.com

thank for advance.

Help our brother pleave

Hi All,

I am awaiting for my interview letter from USCIS. My case number is AS20***. I am in the US, so have done AOS. For Affidavit of support - what form do I need I-134 or I-864. From the previous threads, many suggest to have of the form I-134 for the interview in the US. I looked at the instructions for completing form I-134, it is not clear where to submit the form I-134. The filing fees is $0 for I-134. If someone can clarify this matter, it will be great. I am assuming that if we are already in the US we just take the form I-134 along with supporting documentation from the sponsor to the interview (i.e. we dont have to submit the form to USCIS before the interview).

In addition, I have filed my application from New York city. If anyone has, how long did it take to get a date for interview after the I-485 was submitted to the Chicago lockbox facility. I am asking this question, because processing times vary depending upon the city/state where the application was filed.

Thanks in advance. Congratulations to ones who have their status adjusted successfully.

Hi friends,

I would like to know if any of our friends happened to have case interviewe in San Antonio, TX FO. If so, I would like to know what is the average time frame from biometrics to receive IL and interview. Because I have to move to Tx for my job.

Thanks

First of all, please add your signature and also enter your information in https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0, so that people can assist you better.

You need I-134 and DO NOT need I-864 (it is for regular family-based applications). Some people submitted this with AOS package. But it is okay to bring it during the interview. If the IO asks for affidavit, then you should submit it.

Different FO has different processing times to issue interview letter. You can go to the upper link to have an idea of characteristics of your FO. But again, every case is different.

Hi All,

I am awaiting for my interview letter from USCIS. My case number is AS20***. I am in the US, so have done AOS. For Affidavit of support - what form do I need I-134 or I-864. From the previous threads, many suggest to have of the form I-134 for the interview in the US. I looked at the instructions for completing form I-134, it is not clear where to submit the form I-134. The filing fees is $0 for I-134. If someone can clarify this matter, it will be great. I am assuming that if we are already in the US we just take the form I-134 along with supporting documentation from the sponsor to the interview (i.e. we dont have to submit the form to USCIS before the interview).

In addition, I have filed my application from New York city. If anyone has, how long did it take to get a date for interview after the I-485 was submitted to the Chicago lockbox facility. I am asking this question, because processing times vary depending upon the city/state where the application was filed.

Thanks in advance. Congratulations to ones who have their status adjusted successfully.

I found the phone number of the local office and I left a voicemail in the morning since there is no one to reply. Just checked the USCIS web site. My case, for the first time, popped up and it says it is CPO...

Interview experience

I had interview yesterday at 9:00am at Lawrence, MA FO.
It was pretty trivial - was called in soon, officer nice, swore in, confirm data on the application, confirm yes/no questions, confirm employment. We were asked for passports and EADs.
At the end of the interview the officer said we are approved but our file from KCC wasn't transferred and that this happens often. No further input is needed from us and they will proceed with the approval once the file is transferred.
We didn't get temporary visa stamps for this reason. My wife current EAD was given back to us. The officer took our original I-94s and left our replacement/valid I-94s (if you had extended your H1/L1 you will know what I mean).
Later yesterday I called KCC and was the "sir" guy he said they haven't received request for my file. I asked him and he went to check the fax and returned later to say that there wasn't any request.
My online status is still in "initial Review".
Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.
Waiting....:cool:

congrats!!! you should also receive GC very soon

I found the phone number of the local office and I left a voicemail in the morning since there is no one to reply. Just checked the USCIS web site. My case, for the first time, popped up and it says it is CPO...

Your interview went pretty well. The file transfer from KCC should be initiated by your FO. Did the IO tell anything about they are going to request file from KCC?

I had interview yesterday at 9:00am at Lawrence, MA FO.
It was pretty trivial - was called in soon, officer nice, swore in, confirm data on the application, confirm yes/no questions, confirm employment. We were asked for passports and EADs.
At the end of the interview the officer said we are approved but our file from KCC wasn't transferred and that this happens often. No further input is needed from us and they will proceed with the approval once the file is transferred.
We didn't get temporary visa stamps for this reason. My wife current EAD was given back to us. The officer took our original I-94s and left our replacement/valid I-94s (if you had extended your H1/L1 you will know what I mean).
Later yesterday I called KCC and was the "sir" guy he said they haven't received request for my file. I asked him and he went to check the fax and returned later to say that there wasn't any request.
My online status is still in "initial Review".
Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.
Waiting....:cool: