• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

You may want to ask the agent at your insurance if having a green card qualifies you for cheaper rates. I bet it does

Congratulations to feel just received a GC!

I have a question. I was wondering if OF opened on Monday, 30th? Because it is a Memorial Day!

Thanks!

All government offices that are not emergency providers will be closed tomorrow as will many other places.

By the way, Laplace, you got CPO? Even if not, do not worry much. I think you will receive the welcome letter directly.

Sharminlee,

I am also planning to inform DMV and somebody told me that they will change the status of my DL. As I was on H1B the expiration date on DL is close to my H1B expire date. Probably you can also do it.

Congrats for WL :)

Update: welcome letter :)

If you are in school, inform your international student office, and if you are employed (e.g., as a teaching assistant) the accountant in your department, so they can change your status in the payroll system.

@natta/baobab/zahidal/any other who already got GC: Please tell me what are necessary things to be done, after getting GC. I think following things are necessary:

a) Get new SSN (if there is no SSN) or make unrestricted SSN (if there is already a SSN)
b) Inform office/school about GC
c) Inform bank about GC

Now, my question is: Should I inform credit card company or any other company (such as car insurance, etc) about the GC? Is there anything else need to be done after getting GC, which I did not notice? Please share your experience.