• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

FORUM FRIENDS:
I have the BIG NEWS to share: GC received!! And as a bonus, I look good in the picture too ;)!
Words can not describe our happiness and also gratitude for the help received in this forum!!!
I truly hope the all in the DV class of 2011 will reach graduation by September!

Congrats R2010!
I'm happy for you and you family. Enjoy your new status.
Stay in the forum till the end of September to welcome the remaining class of DV2011....

FORUM FRIENDS:
I have the BIG NEWS to share: GC received!! And as a bonus, I look good in the picture too ;)!
Words can not describe our happiness and also gratitude for the help received in this forum!!!
I truly hope the all in the DV class of 2011 will reach graduation by September!

@baobab: My case is processing in same FO like yours. It has been 65 days after I filed I-485. I have not received IL yet. I am starting to worry. What should I do at this moment? I will be really grateful, if you can provide some suggestions based on your experience in the same FO. Thanks in advance.

sharminlee, I see that you received the interview letter today. That's a good thing because I was just going to tell you to have a bit more patience.
One thing I was going to suggest, which you can still do, is to call KCC and ask if the local FO requested your file. I am not sure if you did this already. Other than that, just get your documents ready for the interview.

It is weird that my EAD and I-131 is approved. This is what it says on the web page. Is that a good thing?

As far as I understood from the INFOPASS meeting last week, the lady told me that if my case proceeds fast then they dont need to do the paperwork for EAD and the advanced parole since you pretty much get the GC after the interview! Even though I have my interview scheduled, it does not seem to me that my case is gonna improve!

Do yuo guys have any idea?
Best

Last edited by a moderator:
It is nice that our interview dates are pretty close.

I really wonder whether you applied for EAD. There is nothing wrong with EAD, because it is temporary and you need to return it during the interview.

It is weird that my EAD and I-131 is approved. This is what it says on the web page. Is that a good thing?

As far as I understood from the INFOPASS meeting last week, the lady told me that if my case proceeds fast then they dont need to do the paperwork for EAD and the advanced parole since you pretty much get the GC after the interview! Even though I have my interview scheduled, it does not seem to me that my case is gonna improve!

Do yuo guys have any idea?
Best

@baobab: Thanks for your reply. I called KCC and they told, the file is already transferred. I also called USCIS and they told, they got the file and it is transferred to my FO.

sharminlee, I see that you received the interview letter today. That's a good thing because I was just going to tell you to have a bit more patience.
One thing I was going to suggest, which you can still do, is to call KCC and ask if the local FO requested your file. I am not sure if you did this already. Other than that, just get your documents ready for the interview.

@baobab: Another thing. In your case, I found you got CPO a significant time after interview. Do you have any idea whether it is very regular in this FO?

@baobab: Another thing. In your case, I found you got CPO a significant time after interview. Do you have any idea whether it is very regular in this FO?

Yes, the CPO came much later in my case although the interview was short and the officer told me at the end of the interview that he is approving me. Also, my GC is dated with the date of my interview, not the CPO date. This suggests that he started the approval process on that day, but somehow he did not go all the way through. I am not sure what they have to do for an approval, but I am not aware of any other FO where the CPO was delayed without a clear reason, like waiting for the KCC file or for some additional documents.

I have only two data points for this FO, Ahad's case last year and my case. In both our cases the CPO came later, but you cannot generate a pattern from just two data points. We will need to wait for your experience to get a better picture. :)

It is nice that our interview dates are pretty close.

I really wonder whether you applied for EAD. There is nothing wrong with EAD, because it is temporary and you need to return it during the interview.

Yeah I asked for EAD and AP...One of them, according to the case status on USCIS, was sent to me April the 14th. But I havent recieved anything yet!

@Umuteren: what do you mean by saying that there is only 1200 visas available for "SA"?

I think, you should call USCIS about this issue. Letter missing is not very unlikely in USA. My NL1 was lost!!!

I think, Umuteren wanted to say that there are maximum of 1200 visas available in South America region for this year.

Yeah I asked for EAD and AP...One of them, according to the case status on USCIS, was sent to me April the 14th. But I havent recieved anything yet!

@Umuteren: what do you mean by saying that there is only 1200 visas available for "SA"?

I just got the USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email.
But My check has not been cashed yet! When usually they cash the check!?
Thanks

I think, you should call USCIS about this issue. Letter missing is not very unlikely in USA. My NL1 was lost!!!

I think, Umuteren wanted to say that there are maximum of 1200 visas available in South America region for this year.

It seems like my gf got something in the mail box. It could probably be EAD card!

PS I am wondering how many left for the Europe? How do you figure that out?

Thats great!!!

About cut-off: this is something, we just need to depend on luck. According to dv history, i found people to get visa even in September. So, i think, you don't need to worry.

It seems like my gf got something in the mail box. It could probably be EAD card!

PS I am wondering how many left for the Europe? How do you figure that out?

I received the Biometrics letter yesterday. I have an exam on the day of my interview, so I did walk-in today. The officer was nice and when he realized that I drove two hours to get there, he let me go in. Good luck guys!

Hi Sharminlee!

Congrats on your interview letter. You will be fine. As to my case, I'm still waiting for the status to change. I called KCC on the 14th and they said the file has been transferred to my FO that same day. So there's nothing more I can do but wait for the officer to complete his approval.

@leynabee: any update from you? is your status changed to CPO?

You can also call USCIS to make sure that your file is received by your FO. I think, there is a gap between KCC transfers and FO received file. In my case, it was 20 days gap. Anyway, I hope your status will be changed to CPO very soon.

Hi Sharminlee!

Congrats on your interview letter. You will be fine. As to my case, I'm still waiting for the status to change. I called KCC on the 14th and they said the file has been transferred to my FO that same day. So there's nothing more I can do but wait for the officer to complete his approval.