• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

hi guys i got my interview letter yesterday. they are asking me to bring an employment letter with hours per week and hour rate. if you guys see my signature you'll see that i havent got my EAD yet. i dont even have a SSN. im a F-1. so howcome they ask me that? it just doesnt make sence, does it? it means i need to find a job in less than 2 weeks!!!!!

hi everyone here - just finished the interview

first off a big thank you to everyone contributing in this great forum.
please accept my aplogies for not marking my signature here, but the dates corespond with the average.
first sent package to the chicago lockbox on october 10th, received green card on beginning of march, interview date seems to always be about 21 days after you receive your interview letter. my experience in the 14 step process was pretty smooth but of course full of questions . for example the interview letter with all the " must brings " to the interview stating in the back of the letter such as 134 form of family support etc didn't apply to us, but then we asked ourselves why is it on there. you have to know that a lot of the things in the process are generally worded and does NOT always apply to you but try to still be prepared as possible.
you def need to bring your birth certificate ( does not have to be the same as sent in the 485 package ), but needs to be an original. some people have different originals. the interview lady was the nicest lady that one can imagine, but i guess we were lucky - all she cared about was the normal procedure such as swearing, and check the original documents of the copy's from the 485 form.
during the process i would ask a lot of questions here and also to the different numbers you're being given such as the imigration number or the Kentucky number, but as for the imigration line for example, i once had a lady that told me, i should not always believe what i read online and that lottery winners NEVER would be asked for an interview, which of course was totally wrong. but the lady was so sure about herself ,nearly laughed at me, that i just left it at that, but it goes to show how much they sometimes know about the dv processes, so i find this source here after all to be the best. during the interview have a bag ready with stuff you only put out if they ask you, such as tax forms etc - and then the stuff where you know 100% you will be asked to show. everyone will tell you to only answer and show what you've been asked for - i would agree with that . the interview was about 15mins, we then had to go wait while she was verifying our information and then came back to say that she approved our case and VOILA! it's really a process from step1-14, but after all it's worth it and we're not only equipped with the card that lets us enjoy more freedom but also equipped with the spirit that comes from knowing how hard it is to get it after all, even when you win it! it's a big advantage to work hard for it, because in the end, it's exactly these memories that lets us go the extra mile and maybe even become more sucessful in doing it than the ones who never have to mind about imigration . i wish you guys all the best and keep the board here alive!

Please read the instruction for the Form I-134. Sponsor writing I-134 can be a citizen, PR or a legal non-immigrant but he/she has to have sufficient income and asset to support the fact that poverty guideline for the given FY is met. I believe she/he must be residing in the US.

I have a question. Is the sponsor need to be a resident of USA? or, can someone sponsor from outside of USA?

Hi Natta, and thanks for responding.

Let me add more info, first my company applied for H1, but we forgot or someone might I say, told us we were ok, come to find out that we needed to file I-539 for my husband so we did it a month later. The logic the lawyer was following was that if they approve my extension and deny my husband's H4 for any reason (he thought there were no issues really), then I wouldn't lose my $1,070 and he could do CP easily. So he recommended waiting until the H1 and his H4 were approved to file his.
Now, I saw on the I-485 pdf instructions that you could file after the principal applicant's GC was approved. He also said that they do file for dependents all the time after the main applicant filed and was approved.
About my stepdaughter, I know how it works, I was just sharing the process and kinda asking for more info if anyone had experienced the same situation. You just file an I-824 and they send a notice stating that you adjusted to Perm , then the derivative (daughter, or spouse, etc) applies for an immigrant visa. It's in the US that the derivative will receive his or her green card. I think they give you 6 months to show up at a POE (point of entry).

Thanks for your concern though. You got me a little worried, but it's been clarified.
And yes he's a good very good lawyer. Didn't need one but since he was in charge of my LCA , he took this over.

Thanks.

I read and re-read your comment and really don't know what to say. First of all, I didn't really understand why you guys didn't just send both of the AOS packages together? Second, if you are the winner and your spouse is you dependent, than I am not sure if the spouse can apply latter as you guys have to apply both together and you are runnig out of time, regarding stepdaughter in the home country, have no idea how it works with that. From what I understood, your spouse did not apply with you as the H4 visa wasn't renewed yet. This was the case of my husband, his J1 expired 9/11/11, we applied in July 2011 for a B2 visa, but did not wait for that, we sent the AOS package on October 1st as we were current in October, even though his B2 got denied in December 2011, we were already pending under AOS and had the interview together in January. As I see you are already scheduled for and interview next week, your spouse can not join you for the interview as there wasn't sent an Aos package and no paperwork were processed. I hope your lawyer knows what he's doing. Good luck

Yeah...In fact this was a lucky move, if you think about it...the government is shutting down.
The department of State is part of it...had they waited till Monday to post the new VB, we might have not received it at all until the shutdown was finished....
So thanks god they decided to release it this Friday.
Those of us that are current must feel good about it.
btw: Modest progression to EU, huge progression to AS regions.

Hey guys,
Cut off number for May has been published today. Good luck for those who are current for June.

Hi all,

I am international student holding F1 VISA and on the OPT right now. (graduated Dec/2010)
Can anyone help me to make sure the following documents are all the things I need to send to the Chicago lockbox (AOS)?
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,070 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($985) and Biometrics ($85).
Checks must be made payable to Department of Homeland Security.
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6.Copy of my Employment Authorization Card.
7. Copy of DV2011 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
8. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
9. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
10. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $440 to Department of State.
11. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
12. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
13. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - F1 Visa and B1/B2 Visa
14. Copy of Birth Certificate.
15. Copy of High School Diploma.
16. Copy of University Diploma
17. Copy of Driver License.
18. Copy of birth certificate
19. Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp
20. Copy of Vaccination Record

Please help, thanks!

Looks good. #20 is included in your #5 report.

Hi all,

I am international student holding F1 VISA and on the OPT right now. (graduated Dec/2010)
Can anyone help me to make sure the following documents are all the things I need to send to the Chicago lockbox (AOS)?
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,070 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($985) and Biometrics ($85).
Checks must be made payable to Department of Homeland Security.
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6.Copy of my Employment Authorization Card.
7. Copy of DV2011 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
8. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
9. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
10. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $440 to Department of State.
11. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
12. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
13. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - F1 Visa and B1/B2 Visa
14. Copy of Birth Certificate.
15. Copy of High School Diploma.
16. Copy of University Diploma
17. Copy of Driver License.
18. Copy of birth certificate
19. Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp
20. Copy of Vaccination Record

Please help, thanks!

Looks good. #20 is included in your #5 report.

Thanks, feel.
You are my angel lol
If you find out I missing something PLEASE let me know buz I want to send it out tmr morning hehehe
My number become current today!
Good luck to everyone <3

Could you add your signature?

Thanks, feel.
You are my angel lol
If you find out I missing something PLEASE let me know buz I want to send it out tmr morning hehehe
My number become current today!
Good luck to everyone <3

For I-485, I dont know which one should I mark on "Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration Officer".
They did not take me to the room to inspect me but they did check on me when I enter the U.S. ... just common checking like everybody else.

That means you were inspected.

For I-485, I dont know which one should I mark on "Were you inspected by a U.S. Immigration Officer".
They did not take me to the room to inspect me but they did check on me when I enter the U.S. ... just common checking like everybody else.