• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Guys the whole point of becoming current and sending the AOS package in advance is that YOU NEED TO BE CURRENT ON THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW. becaused based on your case number, during the interview if your number is current, they aprove your case, if not, if your case number was not current when you had your interview, they don't aprove the case, that does not mean denial necesarilly , but it just delays your case till it is current.

The USCIS officer told you the correct official answer.
I'll give you another example: Say you drive on a road with 65 MPH speed limit. If you ask a police officer, they would tell you you can drive UP to 65 MPH provided it is safe to drive at that speed, and whatever...
In actual life, you could drive as fast as 70 MPH and maybe more, and not get a ticket...
So if you want to get to your destination faster, i guess you can drive faster and not get in trouble....
Same thing on the Cut of numbers. By law you'll become current in May...but you can take a chance and mail sooner.

thanks Guys,

I'll try to convince my lawyer that is the case, but she is really instead on it, just got a question, do you what happen if they reject it? do they get the money and reject it?

Thanks

The thing with the lockbox is that they receive different kinds of cases, and from what I know there are only 2 lock boxes, Chicago and Dallas, so imagine how many applications they get, they still have to sort it and open it to see that you are a DV case (unless you write on the envelope,this is what I did). The fastest acceptance texts/emails we got in the first month, for those who sent the AOS package on september 30 to be delivered on october 1st, we all got acceptance in the same day and same time on October 8th around 5pm :) ( I still remember as we all wrote about it on the forum )

Smart...and make a lot of sense.
But since DV is a very small percentage of the USCIS workload, i assume the priority dates on FB and EB categories are the culprit though they are not changing like DV is..
Also in recent months there was a lot of retrogression (priority dates moving backwards)...
Still seems that Fast Come First Serve makes sense.

Welcome on the Green Side :)

zahidal, natta, R2010, sharminlee, and joseph230, thank you and I hope you will have great interviews as well (I know zahidal and natta had good ones already).

hilalff, I agree with feel. If your number becomes current in August or later, you will have a high possibility that you cannot finish the whole process.
If you do not have any problems to go back to your country, I would NOT take this risk and choose CP. You were selected and I would NOT waste this great chance.

willowher, Lution, and edward1mel;

If you do not mind, would you share your interview experiences with the forum as Msodiqus7 did?
They sure help forum members and even for 2012 winners.

Thank you.

Oh yeh, nothing compares to the feeling when you will open the envelope and see the cards with your name and an expiration date of 2021. Mine, I still remember I was shaking when I opened the mail and had tears in my eyes :) What a great feeling. Now its back to normal, only from time to time I remember that yea, I can do things I could not do before, like travel and not worry about the visa and the school status anymore :)

Thank you natta,
It feels good now, but I bet once we get the cards, it will feel much better.

Thanks Feel & mista,
I am really not worried about my F1 because I finished my master's degree two years ago and I was going back home but i had to wait for my wife to finish her school. so when I got the 1st NL so we decided to stay and see what will happen. I think it's a little late for me to change from AOS to CP.
wish me luck and thanks for your responds and advice.

So do you thinks that I should include Form I-134 and my bank accounts statment from my bank in the USA and overseas bank to show that i can support my self and my wife? what is the amount i need to show them? It's me my wife and two kids(both US Citizen)?

natta,
We are so excited to get our cards.

Oh yeh, nothing compares to the feeling when you will open the envelope and see the cards with your name and an expiration date of 2021. Mine, I still remember I was shaking when I opened the mail and had tears in my eyes :) What a great feeling. Now its back to normal, only from time to time I remember that yea, I can do things I could not do before, like travel and not worry about the visa and the school status anymore :)

hilalff,
Are you doing your OPT now?
About the amount, I think if you make more than $30.000 (for 4 people), you will be ok. But this is my guess.

Second, I do not think it is too late for you to change from AoS to CP.
If your number becomes current in August, there is a possibility that you could not finish the over all process if you do AoS. But you can finish with CP.
Again I am not an expert but this is what I would do.

Thanks Feel & mista,
I am really not worried about my F1 because I finished my master's degree two years ago and I was going back home but i had to wait for my wife to finish her school. so when I got the 1st NL so we decided to stay and see what will happen. I think it's a little late for me to change from AOS to CP.
wish me luck and thanks for your responds and advice.

So do you thinks that I should include Form I-134 and my bank accounts statment from my bank in the USA and overseas bank to show that i can support my self and my wife? what is the amount i need to show them? It's me my wife and two kids(both US Citizen)?

Is the spreadsheet accurate? It says 'lution' was rejected? But on page 152 he talks about how easy the interview was and that it was approved?

Thanks Mista,
I am now back to school , just waisting my time with some stupid classes waiting for my number to be current. Any way i will think about CP.
Do you have any idea what to do to change from AOS to CP?

The only thing that worry me about CP is "addminstrative process" or "name check", which i know that it takes 2 or 3 month( it happened to my brother) and I wont be able to come back to the US?

Last edited by a moderator:
You must call KCC and ask them about changing from AOS to CP. I think you need to mail them new DSP-122 form, processing of which could take up to 4-6 weeks ( may be they will expedite , I am not sure) . After which they will send you interview appointment letter by mail in your US address 4-5 weeks before your number is current. So decide soon and inform KCC as soon as possible.

Thanks Mista,
I am now back to school , just waisting my time with some stupid classes waiting for my number to be current. Any way i will think about CP.
Do you have any idea what to do to change from AOS to CP?

The only thing that worry me about CP is "addminstrative process" or "name check", which i know that it takes 2 or 3 month( it happened to my brother) and I wont be able to come back to the US?

I was shocked too. I hope this is a mistake somebody made while editing or sth. But who knows until lution chime in here

Is the spreadsheet accurate? It says 'lution' was rejected? But on page 152 he talks about how easy the interview was and that it was approved?

Hello everyone,

My Green card arrived today! Natta you are right, it is the best feeling in the world!!! I have been jumping around and prancing about all the way back from my mail box to my apt! I am sure my neighbours think I am crazy!!!

Thanks again to y'all. I wish all of you the best of luck for the rest of your journey

Congrats and stick around so we can help others as there are still few months to go this year.

Hello everyone,

My Green card arrived today! Natta you are right, it is the best feeling in the world!!! I have been jumping around and prancing about all the way back from my mail box to my apt! I am sure my neighbours think I am crazy!!!

Thanks again to y'all. I wish all of you the best of luck for the rest of your journey

Hi guys,

I don't have access to my high school diploma; can I submit my Doctorate of Medicine Diploma certificate instead?

Thanks

I have some questions on the medical exam, this subject was not really discussed here:
1) I went through couple of TB skin tests before and was always positive, always had XR done to clear me. I think that i'm positive on the skin test because of the BCG vaccine that i received as infant. Last time i did the Tb test, the doctor told me to stop doing the skin test and only do XR since he said i will always be positive on the skin test.
So, i told that to the doctor that did my I-693, and he agreed and just did the XR.
However, i was later reading the instructions and it seems they want a skin test or the new Interferon Gamma Release (IGRA) blood test and only later get XR to clear if tested positive before. On the form my doctor marked "Not Administered" (TST exception applies) Do you think there will be a problem and possible RFE to have me skin tested...even though i did XR and provided the report?

2) On vaccinations: I showed that i was immune (blood lab report) on Varicella, MMR and had Td shot 5 years ago. He marked all the other shots on page 4 as "Not Age Appropriate"
I was reading that last year the CDC added Rotavirus and Meningococcal as shots that are needed. But my doctor said i don't need that...What do you think about that?
Did you guys done those shots? My age group is 30-40 years old.

According to the law (by the book), you need to show High school diploma...Of course it is up to the IO and he might accept it since it will be obvious that you went through high school.
You might consider showing proof of work for 2 years...instead.

Hi guys,

I don't have access to my high school diploma; can I submit my Doctorate of Medicine Diploma certificate instead?

Thanks