• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

If you didn't have or could find the shot records you could have done immunity tests. these are inexpensive blood test that can show the immunity to the various vaccinations.
The report would have clearly showed if you're immune and therefore don't need that shot.
I just think the having unnecessary shots is not only expensive, but also not too good to your health...

feel,
That is what the doctor told us. We had 2 shots already and they gave us the date for the 3rd one.
Again, we got the first shot right away, 2nd shot was one month after the first shot and 3rd one is 6 months after the second shot.
Maybe we needed 3 times because I could not find our shot records. But this is what we have.

Totally agree with Yoni123. It's better to do this immunity test than have unnecessary shots that can be harmful to your health.
I was sick for a week after some immunization shot for AOS, I don't think I would do it again in 10 years.

As far as the TB test I did the blood test that revealed I did not have TB. It’s much better than a skin test and an X-ray. Anyway it depends on whether you have a medical insurance.

If you didn't have or could find the shot records you could have done immunity tests. these are inexpensive blood test that can show the immunity to the various vaccinations.
The report would have clearly showed if you're immune and therefore don't need that shot.
I just think the having unnecessary shots is not only expensive, but also not too good to your health...

So NUVF, what was it that I said So wrong that you had this reaction that offended you so much?

Oh no not at all!!
I am sorry if I sounded like that...did NOT mean to be like that.

In my haste, I thought you said one need to be current ONLY when it comes to the intvw time.
Anyways I know you were around here enough to know the difference!

Peace!

Hi Nuvf,
Thank you for being around to help us. I have a question for you; according to you, IO is who would make decision about early filling. IO will receive the package about 15 days after we send it to Chicago. So do you think it is wise to send package 15 days before the July visa bulletin come out?(as most likely in July bulletin Asia will be announced current for September).

thanks,
Oh no not at all!!
I am sorry if I sounded like that...did NOT mean to be like that.

In my haste, I thought you said one need to be current ONLY when it comes to the intvw time.
Anyways I know you were around here enough to know the difference!

Peace!

i am wondering Why your doctor has caused a lot of costs for you? According to form I-693 you only have to take one screening test for TB, either the skin test or Quantiferon tuberculosis test. If your skin test is positive next step is Chest X ray. if chest result is negative you don't need to further evaluation.
For Td I agree with feel.

Yoni123,
We had the same issue. BCG vaccine was mandatory in my country. Because of our vaccines our TB test results were positive. The doctor asked chest X-rays. We went to the hospital and had them. The results were negative but the doctor did not like x-rays and sent us to the hospital for new x-rays. Their results were negative as well.
Then he asked us to have "Quantiferon tuberculosis test" $350.00 each (and x-rays were $100.00 each). We had this test and test results were negative as well.

The doctor asked our vaccine records. Since I could not find them, he asked us to have 3 shots again (paid $450.00). He said that we did not need to have all types of vaccines because of our ages (we are in 30 - 40 group as well). But he added these documents in to the report and wrote "Negative" for TB test results in the report.

The doctor said that we needed to have those 3 shots 3 times. We had first set, and the next month we had the second set. The third set will be given 6 months later.

I hope this helps.

Hi all,

I have one question, when we send the AOS package to Chicago... we need to send the personal check of $1,010 (I-485 filing fee: $930 + Biometrics fee: $80)
I am wondering, what title should I write exactly? Also, do I need to write separate check?

Thanks all,

Hi all,

Sorry, one more question.
I was graduate on Dec 2010 and I am on the OPT status right now.
Should I still fill out the Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization)?

No, you need to send a personal check of $1070/person. Fees have changed effective November last year. Yes it is better to write separate checks for each person applying for AoS. In the memo field of the check , I would write Form I-485 and name.

Hi all,

I have one question, when we send the AOS package to Chicago... we need to send the personal check of $1,010 (I-485 filing fee: $930 + Biometrics fee: $80)
I am wondering, what title should I write exactly? Also, do I need to write separate check?

Thanks all,

I would not apply for AP or I-765 unless absolutely needed. I think you will receive your GC before getting EAD based on AOS.

Hi all,

Sorry, one more question.
I was graduate on Dec 2010 and I am on the OPT status right now.
Should I still fill out the Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization)?

Hi Yoni123,
Honestly, we did not want to spend money for this issue. But the doctor requested and we did it. Otherwise he said that he would not sign the form. We did not want to change the doctor and start the over all process either. Besides we were not told the whole things at the beginning. Each time we thought that it was the last thing.
About harm of the shots, the doctor said that they would not be harmful and I asked to another doctor in another hospital and he said the same thing.
I am not saying that ours is the hard and fast rule. But this is what we were requested. Last thing, my student insurance did not pay anything. I had to pay everything.

karen127,
When you say title do you mean "payable to"? If this is the case, http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf In the instruction (page 8), it says make the check or money order payable to "US Department of Homeland Security".
For this reason, you should write "US Department of Homeland Security".
If you mean "for" then you can write whatever you want such as AOS fee for [Name].

Hi all,

Thanks all,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mista,
Bottom line is that you have done all that and successfully obtained the GC. So all that is water under the bridge.

Hi Yoni123,
Honestly, we did not want to spend money for this issue. But the doctor requested and we did it. Otherwise he said that he would not sign the form. We did not want to change the doctor and start the over all process either. Besides we were not told the whole things at the beginning. Each time we thought that it was the last thing.
About harm of the shots, the doctor said that they would not be harmful and I asked to another doctor in another hospital and he said the same thing.
I am not saying that ours is the hard and fast rule. But this is what we were requested. Last thing, my student insurance did not pay anything. I had to pay everything.

Yoni123,
After our positive TB test results (because of BCG shots), we were told to get chest X-Rays. We thought that that would be it.
Then the doctor said that he could not see the picture clearly and asked us the second x-rays.
Even though both results were negative, he asked us the "Quantiferon tuberculosis test".
Each time were hoping that would be the last. For this reason we did not think to change the doctor.
"Quantiferon tuberculosis test" results were negative too.
He gave us 2 options. Either Quantiferon tuberculosis test, or 9 months antibiotic treatment.
We did not want to use antibiotic for 9 months.

Hey Mista,
Bottom line is that you have done all that and successfully obtained the GC. So all that is water under the bridge.

Who did you pay the big bucks of all the tests? to the doctor or the hospital?
Since you got cleared by the Xrays, there was no need to do any other test.
Even if the TST test was positive, and XRay negative, the doctor should have "recommended" you the 9 months treatment. But it was not mandatory and he should have signed your I-693 papers without the 9 month treatment as it is only recommended.
However, for your personal good, it is/was wise to do the IGRA blood test, so that you could prove to yourself that you don't have any TB (not even latent) and thus don't need any treatment whatsoever.

Yoni123,
After our positive TB test results (because of BCG shots), we were told to get chest X-Rays. We thought that that would be it.
Then the doctor said that he could not see the picture clearly and asked us the second x-rays.
Even though both results were negative, he asked us the "Quantiferon tuberculosis test".
Each time were hoping that would be the last. For this reason we did not think to change the doctor.
"Quantiferon tuberculosis test" results were negative too.
He gave us 2 options. Either Quantiferon tuberculosis test, or 9 months antibiotic treatment.
We did not want to use antibiotic for 9 months.

Yoni123,
Either this way or another, I am glad the process is over.
I hope you guys have smoother processes and interviews and get your cards.
For the record, we did not pay the doctor anything other than the physician fee.

I always make all the checks payable to U.S.C.I.S. all the time, that's what I did for the AOS as well. Me and my husband have a joint account with both our names, so we basically each signed our own check, but it was from the same check book with both our names on them, but definetly write separate checks as they count the applications as separate ones.

karen127,
When you say title do you mean "payable to"? If this is the case, http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf In the instruction (page 8), it says make the check or money order payable to "US Department of Homeland Security".
For this reason, you should write "US Department of Homeland Security".
If you mean "for" then you can write whatever you want such as AOS fee for [Name].

No, you need to send a personal check of $1070/person. Fees have changed effective November last year. Yes it is better to write separate checks for each person applying for AoS. In the memo field of the check , I would write Form I-485 and name.

Hi! I only used 1 check for my husband and me and they were cashed without problem, according our NOAs...we are different applicants but we are only one case. But reading the cases here, it's irrelevant use one or more checks...

Good luck

Has anyone here have an access to the new Visa Bulletin (for May) that will show the advance notification for June?
A while back, someone had posted the numbers of it about 3-4 days before it was officially published on the DOS website.
Just wondering....