• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Puerto Rico is a US territory. All you need is a driver's license or other state issued ID to travel.
It should be the same as flying from LA to NY.

Thks Yoni...I've seen many contradictory posts in different forums and nothing official.

Puerto Rico is a US territory. All you need is a driver's license or other state issued ID to travel.
It should be the same as flying from LA to NY.

Hey Celinita,

I went to Puerto Rico 4 weeks ago, right after I did my biometric. No one asked me for any paperwork once I arrived there. I did however go through Florida first and only had to show my driver's licence.
I was asked today during my interview if I had gone out of the States and when I mentionned Puerto Rico, the officer said it didn't count as abroad, so you'll be fine.

It's beautiful by the way, I LOVED IT!

Hey Celinita,

I went to Puerto Rico 4 weeks ago, right after I did my biometric. No one asked me for any paperwork once I arrived there. I did however go through Florida first and only had to show my driver's licence.
I was asked today during my interview if I had gone out of the States and when I mentionned Puerto Rico, the officer said it didn't count as abroad, so you'll be fine.

It's beautiful by the way, I LOVED IT!

Thank you TX1408! Nothing better like this, someone in the same situation and an IO testimony!!!!

I have some questions. I will really appreciate, if anyone answers.

a) Is the interview letter issued by FO/NBC/any other office?
b) If the interview letter is issued by FO, then is there any way to track when are they going to issue the letter?

Waiting for the interview letter is probably the most frustrating step in the process. As min. it was for me. Personally I have not tried to find out when my IL would come. The reason was simple - I just didn't know the ways to find out. Luckily enough it took two weeks after biometrics to get an e-mail with the interview date (I'm still waiting for the mail to come).
If I had been waiting for more than a month I would've probably taken some steps but again have no idea what the steps could have been.

b) If the interview letter is issued by FO, then is there any way to track when are they going to issue the letter?

Here's a copy of the post from page 25 that can give you some ideas about the process. Not sure if this is the right process...

After applications are received at the lockbox facility
Here is some additional info about what happens once our cases are received at the lockbox facility (Source credit: 2010 forum member capeolive):

USCIS utilizes a Lockbox facility for fee receipt and data collection, and the National Benefits Center (NBC) for pre-interview processing and adjudication of interim benefits

Steps in the process:
Customer files applications and petitions (apps) via mail to lockbox
Lockbox captures data from apps via combination of OCR and data entry
Lockbox system does preliminary review of data from apps according to USCIS business rules

* If apps pass business rules, bank:
Deposits payment
Sends receipt notice to applicant
Forwards apps to NBC
Forwards data to NBC

* Receipt notice contains instructions for applicant to schedule appointment for biometrics capture at Application Support Center (ASC)

* NBC imports data from bank into CLAIMS3 LAN. This triggers several actions:
Creation/update of Record
Initiation of multiple security check processes

* NBC determines if record (i.e., A-File) already exists for applicant.
If not, NBC creates A-File
If so, NBC creates T-File and requests A-File from holding office

* NBC reviews apps for initial evidence that establishes eligibility
Visa Availability
Eligibility of applicant for benefit
Lawful entry into U.S.

* If applicant passes initial evidence check:
NBC adjudicates ancillary applications (I-765 and I-131).
EAD (Employment Authorization Document) and I-512 (AP) are produced and mailed to applicant
Tracks and ensures completion of records checks
Coordinates with Districts to schedule interview

* If applicant does not pass initial evidence check, NBC requests missing initial evidence and takes appropriate follow-up action

* Once scheduled, NBC sends interview notice to applicant

* NBC sends interview-ready cases to Districts according to interview schedule.
Interview-ready means:
Passes initial evidence standard
Records checks initiated and/or completed
Relating files and docs requested and/or included

* Districts conduct interviews and record results via Interim Case Management System (ICMS)
ICMS provides Districts direct access to NBC CLAIMS3LAN (Computer-Linked Application Information Management System Local Area Network) results are recorded immediately
District approval and biometrics availability triggers immediate initiation of I-551 (Green Card) production

* Districts forward completed cases to National Records Center

* Integrated Card Production System (ICPS)

Pasted from <http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312270-DV-2011-AOS-Only/page25>

It was issued by NBC in my case.

Thanks dimus. Today, I came to know that KCC already transferred file to my FO. Therefore, I am now more worried about the interview letter.

Waiting for the interview letter is probably the most frustrating step in the process. As min. it was for me. Personally I have not tried to find out when my IL would come. The reason was simple - I just didn't know the ways to find out. Luckily enough it took two weeks after biometrics to get an e-mail with the interview date (I'm still waiting for the mail to come).
If I had been waiting for more than a month I would've probably taken some steps but again have no idea what the steps could have been.

Maybe large offices like in NY, LA, Boston, Florida etc are scheduling the interviews by themselves, but small offices don't have that ability and use the NBC for that.
Just wondering. In any case it really doesn't matter.

Its amazing that both NBC and FO can issue interview letters.

Hello everybody! Is there a special form to fill in and send with the check for $440 when I mail an AOS fee? Also, can I send a check or it should be a cashier's check?

You can not send a personal check. It should be cashier's check or money order. Sometimes, money order is cheaper than cashier's check.
Hello everybody! Is there a special form to fill in and send with the check for $440 when I mail an AOS fee? Also, can I send a check or it should be a cashier's check?