• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Laplace, This is what it is supposed to be. Lockbox will forward your application to MSC, now called National Benefits Center. NBC will set up biometrics appoint. schedule, send your case file to FO, do preliminary background check and all...Do not worry your case is on the right track.

Hi,

My reciept number starts with MSC. Is there anyone with the same starter? It seems like my case is transferred to Missouri Service Center! Is that something good or bad?

Thanks,
Laplace

Last edited by a moderator:
Laplace,
Don't worry about MSC (I have the same prefix). It doesn't really matter. Your application will be approved :)
Hi,

My reciept number starts with MSC. Is there anyone with the same starter? It seems like my case is transferred to Missouri Service Center! Is that something good or bad?

Thanks,
Laplace

USCIS will know that you had a J-1 and you need to show them the J-1 visa that says that you are "not subject to INA 212(e) home residency requirement" or that will hold things up at some point.

Hi phuture,
Yes you still have a chance, your case it looks like my case. We are both from Aisa, just try to do next step then, the CN number should be current in July. I think it should be fine and you will have a chance get a green card.

eooedada
Hi i would like to check my i have not receive any letter but check in july then i got in.
so i sent the 2 form and pic. but no reply since them until march i email again and finally got my case number.

2011AS0003​XX25

do i still have a chance or what i should do the next step?

Hello everyone,

I had my interview this morning and it went very well. I was in there for 5 minutes. The lady was very friendly and told me straight away that all paperwork was there and that a visa was available. She made me swear to say the truth and asked me a couple of routine questions about my date of birth, mother and father's name and if I had ever gotten in trouble with the law. She didn't ask to see anything apart from my Texas driving licence and my passport. She took my I 94 and said she would process the visa today and will call me if anything comes up but that all was in order.
According to her, I should get the card in less than 4 weeks.I'll be relieved when I finally get the card in my hands!

Thanks y'all for your help. This forum kept me sane throughout this whole proces!

Congrats.
Please update the info on the spreadsheet.

Hello everyone,

I had my interview this morning and it went very well. I was in there for 5 minutes. The lady was very friendly and told me straight away that all paperwork was there and that a visa was available. She made me swear to say the truth and asked me a couple of routine questions about my date of birth, mother and father's name and if I had ever gotten in trouble with the law. She didn't ask to see anything apart from my Texas driving licence and my passport. She took my I 94 and said she would process the visa today and will call me if anything comes up but that all was in order.
According to her, I should get the card in less than 4 weeks.I'll be relieved when I finally get the card in my hands!

Thanks y'all for your help. This forum kept me sane throughout this whole proces!

Hi you'all,

So I did the biometrics last week on 3/17/11 and I received notice yesterday 3/23/11 that my I-765 was approved. What is the significance of the I-765 approval notice and can anyone tell me how approximately long before I receive a notice for the actual interview. I feel like Im getting closer.

Hi you'all,

So I did the biometrics last week on 3/17/11 and I received notice yesterday 3/23/11 that my I-765 was approved. What is the significance of the I-765 approval notice and can anyone tell me how approximately long before I receive a notice for the actual interview. I feel like Im getting closer.

You are very close:)
It seems that you waited so long for the biometrics. Is your case procesessed in one of the NBC?

Laplace

Interview

Hi, everyone, I had my interview this morning as well. First of all, I actually didn't receive the interview letter by postal mail. I e-mailed the officer who sent me the interview letter by e-mail, then she e-mailed me back and said I just need to bring a copy of the attached file, so I did.

I waited at the waiting room for about 30 minutes, and an officer called my name. The officer took me to one of the booth, not one of the rooms. It was more like just a paper work. I even didn't take the oath. The officer asked if my family was okay since I'm from Japan. Then, she asked some questions (name, birthday, family things etc). It took only 10 minutes. She took I-94 from my passport as well as my OPT card.

Then, she said I'll receive my GC within 30 days. She also told me to contact with her if I need to travel before receiving GC (I think she tought I may need to go back to Japan). After the interview, I was told to wait a little in the waiting room while they prepare the aproval letter. Someone called me 5 minutes later, and I received a letter that states "AOS is granted." The interview was so smooth and fast, and people there were nice. This is my interview experience.

I'd like to thank everyone in this forum and hope it goes well with all of you!

Hello to all,

We had our interview today. The interview was as smooth as it can be. The officer started by requesting visa numbers from the consulate in our home country, and kept us posted as soon as he received the numbers. Then, he ask for my I-20 to check my legal status in the US and ask my wife and I four of the 17 questions on form I-485. He took around 20 minutes to complete the process, told us that he has fixed everything for us, and gave us the approval letters.

great!!! congrats!!!

Hello to all,

We had our interview today. The interview was as smooth as it can be. The officer started by requesting visa numbers from the consulate in our home country, and kept us posted as soon as he received the numbers. Then, he ask for my I-20 to check my legal status in the US and ask my wife and I four of the 17 questions on form I-485. He took around 20 minutes to complete the process, told us that he has fixed everything for us, and gave us the approval letters.

congrats yoyoko

Interview

Hi, everyone, I had my interview this morning as well. First of all, I actually didn't receive the interview letter by postal mail. I e-mailed the officer who sent me the interview letter by e-mail, then she e-mailed me back and said I just need to bring a copy of the attached file, so I did.

I waited at the waiting room for about 30 minutes, and an officer called my name. The officer took me to one of the booth, not one of the rooms. It was more like just a paper work. I even didn't take the oath. The officer asked if my family was okay since I'm from Japan. Then, she asked some questions (name, birthday, family things etc). It took only 10 minutes. She took I-94 from my passport as well as my OPT card.

Then, she said I'll receive my GC within 30 days. She also told me to contact with her if I need to travel before receiving GC (I think she tought I may need to go back to Japan). After the interview, I was told to wait a little in the waiting room while they prepare the aproval letter. Someone called me 5 minutes later, and I received a letter that states "AOS is granted." The interview was so smooth and fast, and people there were nice. This is my interview experience.

I'd like to thank everyone in this forum and hope it goes well with all of you!

Wow , congrats guys, good day today, 3 interviews and all with the same day aproval and CPO, I hope everyone has the same kind of interview as you did guys( we did as well)

Traveling to PR while AOS is pending

Congrats yoyoko,loula and TX1408!!!

What's your opinion to travel to Puerto Rico while AOS is pending?
I didn't request AP, and the fact to be US territory is not clear for me.
Now I'm waiting my lawyer answer.

A friend in F1 went last week and nobody asked about passport, legal status and I94.

Thank you for you advice!

Puerto Rico is a US territory. All you need is a driver's license or other state issued ID to travel.
It should be the same as flying from LA to NY.

Congrats yoyoko,loula and TX1408!!!

What's your opinion to travel to Puerto Rico while AOS is pending?
I didn't request AP, and the fact to be US territory is not clear for me.
Now I'm waiting my lawyer answer.

A friend in F1 went last week and nobody asked about passport, legal status and I94.

Thank you for you advice!