• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi all,

Under which circumstances does one need to file form i245?
It's on the list for the interview but I didn't file it before and I'm not sure I understand if I should file it?

Hi all,

I got the NOA notice 10 days ago with a reciept number. I try to enter this number at USCIS site it says that it is an invalid number. Do you guys think that they have not uploaded the system yet? I am still waiting for my biometrics form.

Laplace

There's no form 245i, you probably refer to I-485 supplement A.
If you were here since Dec 2000, and applied for labor cert, I-140, or family based I-130 before 04/30/2001, and is out of status as of today/worked illegally, then you need to file this form and pay $1000 in order to adjust status.
If not, you don't need that at all.

Hi all,

Under which circumstances does one need to file form i245?
It's on the list for the interview but I didn't file it before and I'm not sure I understand if I should file it?

Are you preparing the I-134 just in case? Or were you asked specifically to bring it to the interview?

I think that you should select "do not intend to make specific..."
If you think about it...are you planning to live on the sponsor...If the sponsor will be contributing...and specific terms it looks like you already plan on getting money from the sponsor, which doesn't sound right.
Just my logic/$0.02 cents...

Hi Guys, in the affidavit of support(I-134) which box the sponsor needs to check on #11 "I intend" or "I do not intend to make specific contributions"?
Can it be, I do not intend to make specific contributions and still be a valid affidavit of support?

Hi Laplace,
I am waiting for the bio. appoint letter too!! I hope we will get it by the end of this week. Can you add your signature with the timeline at the bottom?

Hi all,

I got the NOA notice 10 days ago with a reciept number. I try to enter this number at USCIS site it says that it is an invalid number. Do you guys think that they have not uploaded the system yet? I am still waiting for my biometrics form.

Laplace

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not also able to check my status online. I called USCIS about this issue. They told me, some case numbers may not be available online due to their technical difficulties. But this is not going to hamper case processing.

Hi all,

Laplace

There's no form 245i, you probably refer to I-485 supplement A.
If you were here since Dec 2000, and applied for labor cert, I-140, or family based I-130 before 04/30/2001, and is out of status as of today/worked illegally, then you need to file this form and pay $1000 in order to adjust status.
If not, you don't need that at all.

Ok thanks. I just saw a lot of people talking about that so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something important... thanks a lot!

Are you preparing the I-134 just in case? Or were you asked specifically to bring it to the interview?
I received the IL letter with one box checked for: Please bring this letter, passport and I-94. But I also received another general letter saying : DV applicants please bring the following:
-birth cert. -marriage cert. -high school and/or college -pay stubs, w2s, tax return OR I-134.. so I am bring both just to be safe - proof of address -college transcript if student or employment letter if employed, (in this letter also states if you are legal bring proof if you are not in status bring proof of qualification under 245-i)

Does anyone have experience with the Field Office in New York city. I reside in the Bronx and will be filing my application through the New York City for my AOS. Just wanted to learn about the time frame it requires for them to process the case.

thanks.

This is not really relevant to this forum, but I just got notice that my I-140 (company based) was approved; funny how I really don't need it anymore. The next step would have been to apply for my I-485 and wait another 6 months+ I just followed the lawyers advice and didn't give up on any other avenues to obtain the green card until CPO.

Could you add your case details (signature) so that we all can better assist you?

Does anyone have experience with the Field Office in New York city. I reside in the Bronx and will be filing my application through the New York City for my AOS. Just wanted to learn about the time frame it requires for them to process the case.

thanks.

It sure is a good advice to keep all avenues open...
When did you first apply for that I-140?
I'm curious to know how long you have been waiting....
In your case, i would frame that approved I-140 and keep it for your grand kids...

This is not really relevant to this forum, but I just got notice that my I-140 (company based) was approved; funny how I really don't need it anymore. The next step would have been to apply for my I-485 and wait another 6 months+ I just followed the lawyers advice and didn't give up on any other avenues to obtain the green card until CPO.