• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

hi everyone, I got the interview letter and on the attached document, its written exactly that Bring the following documents :
----------
----------
- High School Diploma and/ or college degree and official transcripts( if foreign, must be accompanied by official evaluation/certification -ie ...WES (world education service)( Or if no high school diploma must submit proof of qualifying training /work exprience)

I checked the AOS 2009 and AOS 2010 pages, I havent seen anything regarding diploma evaluation. Do we have to evaluate the high school diploma for the interview ??

Applied for the I-140 in August 2010, so it took almost 7 months for approval. Maybe I should frame it :)

@ umeteren, no I didn't do an educational evaluation, I don't think it's required but if they've asked for it I would get it done.

It sure is a good advice to keep all avenues open...
When did you first apply for that I-140?
I'm curious to know how long you have been waiting....
In your case, i would frame that approved I-140 and keep it for your grand kids...

Guys, How can we make sure that our application/petition has been transferred to FO from the NBC? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Celinita, feel, leynabee, R2010, umuteren and Queenslurker.. A lot of good news these days :)

@enviro: I received my welcome notice yesterday and my status switched to PDA. Hope we're almost there!

@umuteren: In my case, i only brought the original diploma (which he photocopied) and a translation. What they asked for in the IL was a "Documentary evidence of a high school education or its equivalent".

@feel: Mine asked clearly for a passport "OR" driving license. To be on the safe side, i'd suggest you bring both.

Congrats, reptile. You are done, man. But hang in here to assist us.

Congratulations Celinita, feel, leynabee, R2010, umuteren and Queenslurker.. A lot of good news these days :)

@enviro: I received my welcome notice yesterday and my status switched to PDA. Hope we're almost there!

@umuteren: In my case, i only brought the original diploma (which he photocopied) and a translation. What they asked for in the IL was a "Documentary evidence of a high school education or its equivalent".

@feel: Mine asked clearly for a passport "OR" driving license. To be on the safe side, i'd suggest you bring both.

@umuteren: In

Thanks reptile , and congrats...
Feel, I just showed my driving licence on bio app. Regarding the transfer, when I called KCC to ask when and whether my case is transferred to FO, they told me it was transferred on dec 17. You can see my time line. It's about 20 days later after my NOA received.

Called KCC today to find out if they've sent our file to USCIS. Here's what the representative told me:
1. It takes them 4 weeks to process paper mail, from time they receive it to the moment it appears on your file
2. It takes them 3-5 business days to do the same with your email.
3. USCIS needs to request the file from them first. They haven't done that yet, and we have AOS interview next Monday.

If anyone had similar experiences, how did you resolve the situation?

Bringing this issue up as someone in a similar situation might not be aware of it. While browsing the forum last Friday, i've stumbled upon this post from Newbe2011 and realized we're in the same boat. My daughter from previous marriage is residing with her mom in her home country and not intending to migrate. You must include all the children though when applying for DV lottery.

Having interview scheduled on March 28, i decided to contact KCC immediately the next business day. Before i picked up the phone on Monday, email arrives from KCC stating there're three applicants on DV file, while we paid only for two. So we now know for sure that our file has not been released to USCIS yet.

What I've done is overnighted a letter to KCC, with CC:USCIS local field office, stating the fact that my daughter is not intending to migrate and asking them to release the documents to USCIS. I'm really not sure where it goes from there, but the worst case scenario i guess is going to be us attending the interview without FO having KCC file at hand. We could then discuss the matter with FO at the interview. Newbe2011 found out that USCIS does not posses his file AT the interview, and still was able to get CPO three weeks later. So I don't anticipate a longer delay than that, but still wanted to inform the members of this situation and how it progresses.

I would not worry about it as you have the interview scheduled...
Some here were delayed and waited for their interview letter while thinking that the reason for them not receiving the letter was that USCIS didn't request/receive the file from KCC.
Seems that most here got very quick approval after their interview.
My gut feeling is that if you get the interview letter, you're all set.

Called KCC today to find out if they've sent our file to USCIS. Here's what the representative told me:
1. It takes them 4 weeks to process paper mail, from time they receive it to the moment it appears on your file
3. USCIS needs to request the file from them first. They haven't done that yet, and we have AOS interview next Monday.

Hi natorquest,

If you are back in the forum, I would like to know if your receipt had been written on number 9xx or something. Because mine was too. I emailed to KCC to ask about it as our forum member "feel" suggested, and KCC replied back that "it will not affect the case processing." I'm not sure either about the fact 'cause I dodn't know why they wrote red number on my second receipt.

I am also worried.

Thanks!

Are you guys talking about the receipt for the $440 AOS fee?

Hi natorquest,

If you are back in the forum, I would like to know if your receipt had been written on number 9xx or something. Because mine was too. I emailed to KCC to ask about it as our forum member "feel" suggested, and KCC replied back that "it will not affect the case processing." I'm not sure either about the fact 'cause I dodn't know why they wrote red number on my second receipt.

I am also worried.

Thanks!

Hi voxx,

I think it depends on the officer.
I remember one person had the interview even though the USCIS didn't have his/her case files from KCC.

But the same thing did not happen to us. The officer did not interview with us because he did not have the case files from KCC and he said that he would re-request the files from KCC one more time.

Our first interview date was at the end of January and now it is at the end of March.
I hope you will have a nice officer on your interview day.

Good luck.

Hello All,
Just got an e-mail with the Interview date - April 29th, 2011. Hope to get a mail before the weekend. The most unbearable period is over. My status has been changed to Testing and Interview (this status was missing before and now appeared).
It's always a good idea to sign up for the case status at the USCIS web-site. It may not work for some but it's been working quite well for me. In this case you can receive e-mail notifications before any mail comes in.
Good luck and wish your ILs are on the way.

Hey Reptile,

I also recieved my Welocame Letter of Mar 21 and yesterday my status changed to PDA too. I think they are working on our cases in paralell.

Alomost there i guess.
ENviro

@feel: Mine asked clearly for a passport "OR" driving license. To be on the safe side, i'd suggest you bring both.[/QUOTE]

Hello All,
Just got an e-mail with the Interview date - April 29th, 2011. Hope to get a mail before the weekend. The most unbearable period is over. My status has been changed to Testing and Interview (this status was missing before and now appeared).
It's always a good idea to sign up for the case status at the USCIS web-site. It may not work for some but it's been working quite well for me. In this case you can receive e-mail notifications before any mail comes in.
Good luck and wish your ILs are on the way.

Congrats Dimus! This a good news and you are moving so fast!
Did you moved from Initial Review to Testing and Interview circle so?

@Enviro: Thank you!

Thank you, Celinita,

Yes, the Testing and Interview circle has appeared and is highlighted now.
Congrats Dimus! This a good news and you are moving so fast!
Did you moved from Initial Review to Testing and Interview circle so?

@Enviro: Thank you!

Small update: Just received the card..

Al-Hamdulillah and thank you all. I don't think i would have had a smooth journey without this forum.

Good luck to all those still waiting for their biometrics and interview letters/appointments and all the best to those who will be current in the upcoming months.

I'll try to be around once every while and wish i could help in some way.

Best,
reptile

Hello All,

Received my green card today. Its really Green :)

Thank you all for your immense help. This Forum rocks!

Enviro

About the reciept number!

Hi,

My reciept number starts with MSC. Is there anyone with the same starter? It seems like my case is transferred to Missouri Service Center! Is that something good or bad?

Thanks,
Laplace