• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

tutu, did you get yours back stamped "paid" already?
How long for the round trip.
The .44 cents stamp is 3-5 days...

I sent out with cashier's check and I have express mail envlope in there. It was quick. I sent last monday and delievered on Tuesday. It was received by the USPS yesterday around 5pm and I got it this afternoon. I am not sure how long do you have to wait if you send it with a 44 cents envolpe.

Yes, You can send the package without the receipt, they will probably ask for it at the interview...or simply wait couple of days and send it in with the package...

I have the same problem. My lawyer gave me the same advice. Do you really think that I can send the 1-485 without the receipt and show it in the interview? Please i need your help

Tutu0418 You can help me.I sent the $440 last Wednesday It was received by them on Friday. We have to wait their receipt to send the 1-485 and all the documents?Please help me

I wasnt sure about that, but two other people here suggested me to wait until I have the receipt. I know how you feel about waiting for your receipt to get back to you. It cost me 9 days (from last Monday until today) to get my receipt back. I used express mail from USPS for round trips. Hope this helps.

Hey guys,

I had today my interview at 9:30. I came a little bit late and was called after 20 mns. The officer was nice and brief.

First he had me swear to tell the truth. Then he checked my passport and ID, went over the i-485 form to confirm the name and address and asked me whether i am married or have kids, in addition to the yes/no questions. He briefly checked something on his computer then photocopied my degrees and asked what i do. He finally said he doesn't have any reason for denial and told me he will report the case to a supervisor for approval when a visa number is ready and that the process after approval would take anytime from 3 to 5 weeks.

It all took around 10 mns. I still haven't got any message or e-mail for CPO and my account status is still the same. I'm a little bit worried as most people mentioned getting their CPO notifications right after the interview but hope it's just a regular delay.

All the best.

It might be early, but congratulations : )

Hey Reptile,

I had my interview today, at 7:30. And reading ur experience, I think we had the same officer. ( A little healthy officer, but very nice and polite). First he had me swear to tell the truth. Then he checked my passport and ID and I-94, went over the I-485 form to confirm the name, phone no. and address and asked me whether i am married or have kids. Then he asked the usual yes/no questions. He did not ask for any other documents. He kept checking somethings on the computer.It all took around 10 mins. Then he said he will recommend my case for approval, but his superviosr needs to approve finally. Then he said it takes 3-5 for the card to come in mail. That a green card is valid for 10 years etc etc.

I still haven't got any message or e-mail for CPO and my account status is still "Acceptance". I was also hoping to get a text or email soon.
Let me know if you get CPO or text, email for your case progress.

Good Luck!
Enviro

Hey Reptile,

I had my interview today, at 7:30. And reading ur experience, I think we had the same officer. ( A little healthy officer, but very nice and polite). First he had me swear to tell the truth. Then he checked my passport and ID and I-94, went over the I-485 form to confirm the name, phone no. and address and asked me I still haven't got any message or e-mail for CPO and my account status is still "Acceptance". I was also hoping to get a text or email soon.
Let me know if you get CPO or text, email for your case progress.

Good Luck!
Enviro

Reptile/Enviro,

Do you know the status of your FBI clearance? I am just wondering if there is any chance that your FBI clearance is not completed yet and thats why it is taking some time?

Thanks

Congrats Enviro and Reptile for the "prospect approval" and keep us updated about the CPO!
Don't leave the forum please...we are many still on the way :)

Thanks antin & ssj1 for your helpful response. I already submitted all employment info including unauthorized employment to UCSIS. In interview will IO ask about info on G-325A form. It looking like people are only asked abt I-485 form in interview. Also if IO asks why I worked unauthorized what should I answer.

Hello All,

I just recieved text and email for CPO. Also the online status has finally moved from "Acceptance" to "CPO" for my i-485
I am so excited and happy. I will keep posted on Welcome Ltter and Card itself and will be around for others in the forum.

Thanks
Enviro

Hey reptile,
What is your field office (FO) ? I'm wondering if indeed it is the same office as enviro?

Hey guys,

I had today my interview at 9:30. I came a little bit late and was called after 20 mns. The officer was nice and brief.

First he had me swear to tell the truth. Then he checked my passport and ID, went over the i-485 form to confirm the name and address and asked me whether i am married or have kids, in addition to the yes/no questions. He briefly checked something on his computer then photocopied my degrees and asked what i do. He finally said he doesn't have any reason for denial and told me he will report the case to a supervisor for approval when a visa number is ready and that the process after approval would take anytime from 3 to 5 weeks.

It all took around 10 mns. I still haven't got any message or e-mail for CPO and my account status is still the same. I'm a little bit worried as most people mentioned getting their CPO notifications right after the interview but hope it's just a regular delay.

All the best.

zentech,
by any chance were you in the US in december 2000 and applied for I-140 or labor cert before april 30th 2001? If so, you would be fine with the 245 protection.
That protection allows one that over stayed or worked illegally to adjust status.
If not, and the IO notices that...you might be in trouble...

Thanks antin & ssj1 for your helpful response. I already submitted all employment info including unauthorized employment to UCSIS. In interview will IO ask about info on G-325A form. It looking like people are only asked abt I-485 form in interview. Also if IO asks why I worked unauthorized what should I answer.

Congrats Enviro that is an awesome feeling, I remember when I got my CPO, Iw as having lunch after the interview and totally forgot about the CPO as we were told on the spot of the aproval and got the passport stamped right away ( that is how our local office does it for all the Green Card cases) Enjoy the freedom my friend, as it is very sweet indeed. :)
Hello All,

I just recieved text and email for CPO. Also the online status has finally moved from "Acceptance" to "CPO" for my i-485
I am so excited and happy. I will keep posted on Welcome Ltter and Card itself and will be around for others in the forum.

Thanks
Enviro

Hi Enviro,

Congratulations for the CPO.. I'm glad for you, you've been waiting for it long enough! My case also moved to CPO this morning (e-mail, sms and online). Nice feeling :) Btw, your description matches the guy who interviewed me.

@tutu0418 and Celinita. Thanks. I'll definitely stick here for a while. Hope i can be of some help.

@zahidal. My FBI clearance was sent the same day of my biometrics. Good luck with your upcoming interview.

@Yoni123. Yes it is: Jax, FL.

Congrats to both of you.

Hi Enviro,

Congratulations for the CPO.. I'm glad for you, you've been waiting for it long enough! My case also moved to CPO this morning (e-mail, sms and online). Nice feeling :) Btw, your description matches the guy who interviewed me.

@tutu0418 and Celinita. Thanks. I'll definitely stick here for a while. Hope i can be of some help.

@zahidal. My FBI clearance was sent the same day of my biometrics. Good luck with your upcoming interview.

Hi Enviro,

Congratulations !!!

Hey Zentech,

Have you already submitted your AOS package? And did you list the 'unauthorized' employment? In any case consult a lawyer. A good one like I mentioned. Don't want to give you any advice because I really don't know what to say in this situation.

Bringing this issue up as someone in a similar situation might not be aware of it. While browsing the forum last Friday, i've stumbled upon this post from Newbe2011 and realized we're in the same boat. My daughter from previous marriage is residing with her mom in her home country and not intending to migrate. You must include all the children though when applying for DV lottery.

Having interview scheduled on March 28, i decided to contact KCC immediately the next business day. Before i picked up the phone on Monday, email arrives from KCC stating there're three applicants on DV file, while we paid only for two. So we now know for sure that our file has not been released to USCIS yet.

What I've done is overnighted a letter to KCC, with CC:USCIS local field office, stating the fact that my daughter is not intending to migrate and asking them to release the documents to USCIS. I'm really not sure where it goes from there, but the worst case scenario i guess is going to be us attending the interview without FO having KCC file at hand. We could then discuss the matter with FO at the interview. Newbe2011 found out that USCIS does not posses his file AT the interview, and still was able to get CPO three weeks later. So I don't anticipate a longer delay than that, but still wanted to inform the members of this situation and how it progresses.

Hi,

I realized that I should not force my comments in the online sheet and finally joined this forum. Hello everyone !!!

So, my husband (winner) and I had out interview yesterday at Milwaukee Office, but very nice FO could not make a decision since, despite his request made 3 weeks ago, KCC did not sent the DV file. He said he also requested it again and hopes they will sent it soon.

So, I finally called KCC and asked what is going on. Not-so-nice representative told me that they have not send a requested file since here are 3 ppl on the file ( us+my husbands daughter that lives with her mom in home country) , but we only paid $880.

I explained that my husbands duaghter will not do AOS with us and representative told us that we should have informed them of that. I said that with DSP122 and photos, we sent a cover letter clearly explaining this. Representative said they never got it. Then I said that it is strange since they replied to our document and cover letter acknowledging that we have informed them of our intentions. She than said she will need to investigate and to call again tomorrow and hang up.

Well ..... lets hope she will find out file and send it to our filed office.....

Newbe

Hey guys,

I've just received my interview letter! I'm so relieved! I was scared there was a problem with my case since they sent me a request for evidence letter but it all seems fine now. My interview is on 03/24. Let's hope it all goes well.