• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Surprisingly I have not yet received a Biometrics notice dating back from notice on action received on 12/14/10. Ive called USCIS twice already on 1/8/11 and 2/10/11 to schedule a service request and still no Biometrics notice. I doubt I will be doing the infopass now given the futility of it from most people who have tried. KCC confirmed they sent my file to the Dallas FO on 12/29/10 so Im not sure what the holdup is. Everyone in this forum has been quite helpful with information on this process so maybe I can get some ideas about what to do next.

I read a case of someone who didn't get his biometrics and did 4 info-passes before it was finally scheduled. Make SURE it didn't get lost in the mail, because failure to attend constitutes abandonment of your application. I would advise an infopass or 3.

Surprisingly I have not yet received a Biometrics notice dating back from notice on action received on 12/14/10. Ive called USCIS twice already on 1/8/11 and 2/10/11 to schedule a service request and still no Biometrics notice. I doubt I will be doing the infopass now given the futility of it from most people who have tried. KCC confirmed they sent my file to the Dallas FO on 12/29/10 so Im not sure what the holdup is. Everyone in this forum has been quite helpful with information on this process so maybe I can get some ideas about what to do next.

Yes, my country of birth is Elgible and my country of nationality is not, and I charged my DV case to my country of birth. I dont know if this is a casue of delay my case.

thanks guys for the informations

This assertion is WRONG !

If your country of birth is eligible, you HAVE TO use it.

If you selected another country by mistake and if that country is in the same region (ex. both AF) then the CO/IO is given the 'discretion' to forgive the mistake and correct it appropriately at the intvw. BUT if the 2 regions are different then the case is automatically rejected. (ex. birth is AF but used EU)

There was a similar CP case last year (AF vs EU), a 'big' family, and the case was rejected.
The mistake has cost the applicant a whopping ~$10k!! (app. fee, medicals etc)

Best !

PS: Read this full thread

Hey Wheetiebix,

Docusync was in a similar situation. After raising about 4 service requests, he got a reply stating that the North Dallas application service center is currently backlogged and will be scheduling fingerprinting appointment in due time. After waiting for almost 4 months, he finally received his biometric letter. USCIS is supposed to issue biometric appointment 30 days after filing. That's what is stated on their "case status" website. So, raise another service request and ask them if they can contact directly your ASC since you've been waiting for almost 3 months now. I got my biometric letter from the Houston ASC after my first biometric service request. Best of luck !!!

I received my green card today. I want to thank everyone in this forum who assisted me in any small or large way with their valuable advices. My journey was swift and smooth in great part thanks to you. So, from the bottom of my heart: Thank you.

I also want to thank the host of this forum, Mr. Khanna and his staff for creating this wonderful site.

After more than five years on F-1 visa, I'm finally free.

I wish the smoothest possible process to everyone.

Congrats, but do not leave the forum as we need your suggestions and input until the end of this fiscal year....

I received my green card today. I want to thank everyone in this forum who assisted me in any small or large way with their valuable advices. My journey was swift and smooth in great part thanks to you. So, from the bottom of my heart: Thank you.

I also want to thank the host of this forum, Mr. Khanna and his staff for creating this wonderful site.

Thanks Feel. I've got to pay this back. So, I will definitely stick around

Congrats, but do not leave the forum as we need your suggestions and input until the end of this fiscal year....

Last edited by a moderator:

Congratulations...

Hi Guys,

i ordred a personal check book but it is got delayed in a delivery. is it ok if my friend would write a check from her of fee $1070 or it has just to be my personal check?

please help me!
thanks a lot in advance!

Hi Suzik,

Why don't you use a money order?

QUOTE=Suzik;2273465]Hi Guys,

i ordred a personal check book but it is got delayed in a delivery. is it ok if my friend would write a check from her of fee $1070 or it has just to be my personal check?

please help me!
thanks a lot in advance![/QUOTE]

Hello Everyone,

Lucky2011, congratulations! and as Feel said, please don't abandon the forum, your comments have been so valuable!

Anybody knows if exist the chance to amend information to the AOS I485 once you filled the package? In my case, I should send my correct Birth Certificate.
My lawyer says I have to ways:
1. Wait till the interview and maybe IO doesn't realize about the mistake or simply forgive it or
2. Wait till the interview and if the IO see the mistake, I show the correct documentation in that moment...like happened with a similar case last year (the guy from UK and Sierra Leona Nationality)

I think would exist a 3. choice which is, ask for Infopass and in that moment amend the document. My lawyer recommend don't use this choice. What do you think?

Many thanks for your opinions!

Lucky2011, congrats for receiving the card, I was in the same situation as you almoast 5 years under F1 visa and now I am free and graduating this semester as well, the year started very well. Hope the card serves you well and wish you many oportunities ahead.

Thank you so much Natta for your kind words. I'm currently updating my status with my school in the hope of getting more internships and job opportunities. I'm in my first year in Master program and I'm very optimistic about the future :) I wish you the best as well for all your future undertakings.

Lucky2011, congrats for receiving the card, I was in the same situation as you almoast 5 years under F1 visa and now I am free and graduating this semester as well, the year started very well. Hope the card serves you well and wish you many oportunities ahead.

Thanks a lot. I am graduating wih a BA in business, planning to take a year or two off and then do master.

Thank you so much Natta for your kind words. I'm currently updating my status with my school in the hope of getting more internships and job opportunities. I'm in my first year in Master program and I'm very optimistic about the future :) I wish you the best as well for all your future undertakings.

Thanks Celinita.

I agree with your lawyer's advices. Do not even bother doing infopasses. They have been proven to be over and over again useless. As your lawyer said, just wait it out and hope that the IO don't notice this mistake or submit the correct documentation when asked, which could happen by RFE (Request for further evidence) or in your interview letter.

Best of luck.

Hello Everyone,

Lucky2011, congratulations! and as Feel said, please don't abandon the forum, your comments have been so valuable!

Anybody knows if exist the chance to amend information to the AOS I485 once you filled the package? In my case, I should send my correct Birth Certificate.
My lawyer says I have to ways:
1. Wait till the interview and maybe IO doesn't realize about the mistake or simply forgive it or
2. Wait till the interview and if the IO see the mistake, I show the correct documentation in that moment...like happened with a similar case last year (the guy from UK and Sierra Leona Nationality)

I think would exist a 3. choice which is, ask for Infopass and in that moment amend the document. My lawyer recommend don't use this choice. What do you think?

Many thanks for your opinions!