• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Is there any way to track whether KCC has transfered files to USCIS or not? Please someone answer who knows about this issue. Thanks in advance.

Call KCC and they will let you know. I think it is little bit early for you to call them now. Once you are done with the biometrics, you might want to do that.

Is there any way to track whether KCC has transfered files to USCIS or not? Please someone answer who knows about this issue. Thanks in advance.

hi guy i got mail. like from usafis it says i won green card blblblblb i call to Usafis they said to me this message is NOT TRUE be becarfull guy do not send money.

Hi, its very frustrating, you can try to contact with your local congressman or woman. I believe this will help you for sure. You can find information regarding to this process on 2009 AOS only pages. ( As far as remember, you need to write a detailed letter which explains your situation, your application number, field office etc... and you need to fax it, but you can find it all necessary info on these pages. There were couple of guys went into this way and it worked.)

I agree, the next step would be to contact your congressperson or senator with a detailed letter explaining your situation. There was a MN case in 2008 that I researched when I was getting anxious about my FO's processing times. That person got their interview letter soon after the senator's office wrote USCIS. Good luck with the case and sorry it is taking so long.

Thanks natta ^^
But then another question, can I apply for off-campus jobs right away or I have to wait for the SS to change first?
Thanks !!

Keepkeep,
Seeing that nobody ever asks for the actual SS card, I don't think changing it is crucial. All people want is the number and to see a work permit. But if you are ever asked for the card and it says something like "valid for work only with INS authorization", your green card grants you the right to work. I can see how one would want the SSC changed once a citizen, but until then I don't see the point.

Called USCIS national help, they're having issues with thousands of cases that are not available online, not sure when it'll work again...

Update

Hello!

Thank you so much for your answers regarding my concerns about the acceptance step.
Although I haven't received my NOA yet, I tried to check my case status online today and I've passed to the Initial Review step. Since this step is not in our spreadsheet, I let you know in this message.

I'll keep you informed about future updates!

Feel: Any news? If not, don't worry, I'm sure they are on the way :)

Celinita

Thanks for asking. I am waiting. I hope I would get it this week.

Hello!

Thank you so much for your answers regarding my concerns about the acceptance step.
Although I haven't received my NOA yet, I tried to check my case status online today and I've passed to the Initial Review step. Since this step is not in our spreadsheet, I let you know in this message.

I'll keep you informed about future updates!

Feel: Any news? If not, don't worry, I'm sure they are on the way :)

Celinita

Hello,

People who know about my case, would that I am waiting my Interview Letter for over 4 months now. I got Biometrics on Nov 3. Today I did it infopass, the people are not friendly and they just told me that they are waiting more information on mycase. However the Service Request repsonse which I got was that my case is at Scheduler. I dont know what to believe.

My country of chargeablilty is Libya, and i wanted to know if anyone has seen any cases from previous forums for Adjust of Status, who were from that or similar country. Do you know status of such cases. Are these purposely delayed. My FO is currently processing cases from December for i-485. My case was October- so they skipped it or what.

Thanks for any information or input.

There's this one guy I know who had his application on standby for 4 years (employment sponsoring) for "background check". He says it's because he was Moroccan and it was soon after 9/11.

On a separate note, good luck getting rid of Muammar.

Hello,

People who know about my case, would that I am waiting my Interview Letter for over 4 months now. I got Biometrics on Nov 3. Today I did it infopass, the people are not friendly and they just told me that they are waiting more information on mycase. However the Service Request repsonse which I got was that my case is at Scheduler. I dont know what to believe.

My country of chargeablilty is Libya, and i wanted to know if anyone has seen any cases from previous forums for Adjust of Status, who were from that or similar country. Do you know status of such cases. Are these purposely delayed. My FO is currently processing cases from December for i-485. My case was October- so they skipped it or what.

Thanks for any information or input.

Hi Enviro,

First hope your family and relatives are ok in Libya. Sorry for the bad news coming from there. I'm not aware of similar cases last year. Maybe some of the guys are.

When i did my biometrics, i did an infopass as well. They told me my case is with the scheduler. I don't think this is an important information as what really counts is what that scheduler is waiting for, which they don't tell. So did you get a confirmation during your infopass or fax exchange that your DV file was received at the FO? If yes, maybe you're stuck at the biometrics check level. You can try to call the FBI to make sure they sent the result back. Note that clearance could take up to months, especially if your first/family names are common and might coincide with a lot of people. Just trying to guess..

I also think you should try to talk with a supervisor next time. You might have had an unfriendly agent today but it really depends, so maybe it's a good idea to keep trying every other week (if you live close enough).

Good luck

Thanks for your reply. Do I need to prepare I-134 and show in the interview? Or, Should I show the financial documents only? What types of financial document are needed? Is it bank statement or job contract?

@sharminlee
- Do I need to prepare I-134 and show in the interview?
If your interview letter asks you to provide an affidavit of support then you have to but in many cases they don't. Some people in this forum had it ready for the interview in case they were asked for it.

- Should I show the financial documents only? What types of financial document are needed? Is it bank statement or job contract?
There are no rules here. Usually the officer has to make sure you wont be a charge on the federal government. He might not ask for your bank account, but then he may so you need to be ready to provide some proof of financial stability. If you have a job, definitely provide a copy of the offer/salary. Same for a healthy bank account and tax returns. If you're pursuing a graduate degree, you can convince him that you wont have a problem finding a job when you graduate... etc.

Hi reptile, thanks a lot. Have you get interview letter?

@sharminlee
- Do I need to prepare I-134 and show in the interview?
If your interview letter asks you to provide an affidavit of support then you have to but in many cases they don't. Some people in this forum had it ready for the interview in case they were asked for it.

- Should I show the financial documents only? What types of financial document are needed? Is it bank statement or job contract?
There are no rules here. Usually the officer has to make sure you wont be a charge on the federal government. He might not ask for your bank account, but then he may so you need to be ready to provide some proof of financial stability. If you have a job, definitely provide a copy of the offer/salary. Same for a healthy bank account and tax returns. If you're pursuing a graduate degree, you can convince him that you wont have a problem finding a job when you graduate... etc.

Thanks Reptile for your concern and suggestion,

Firstly, I was just born in Libya, I am Indian National born to Indian Parents. So just lived few years of my beginning life in Libya. So I do not have family there, but definitely pray for the people living there through these difficult times.

I verified with FBI few days after Biometrics and I was told my name check had been cleared.
The USCIS FO kept on telling me they were waiting my file. KCC kept on telling me they had never recieved my file. After the Faxes exchange between KCC and Lawyer and USCIS and lawyer, the KCC confirmed having sent my file on Feb 7.

When I did Infopass today, they were not telling me anything that - did they recieve the File from KCC or what is the status of my case. Infact the agent was not clear and said we have your file we are awaiting additional information from KCC- Which does not make any sense and also told the officer dealing with DV Cases was out sick.

I'm in Connecticut, did biometrics 3months ago, still no interview letter. Have had 3 infopass. Its so much suspense. Just hoping and believing that all goes well in the long run

Guys, I have not received email/text notification yet. My package was delivered on 2/14/11 AM to the lockbox. Why are they taking it so long, I wonder.... Thanks for any input.