• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Its good to know that there still are nice people out there.

For those who followed my story of losing the i797 letter right after making a copy, and then the bio apt letter right after making a copy... well the former was in my mailbox yesterday! Some nice person must have picked it up and put it in a mailbox...! Crazy...

Hello fellow members,

Still haven't received Interview letter from Boston office. Made several Infopasses, and was told at each of them to wait more, because there is a big work-load in Boston office. As well almost every CS that I had an Infopass with said that : " There is still time before September 30th". This answer is not what I'm happy to hear at all. It's been already 4,5 months since sending Application on October 1. And even according to the Boston Time Processing range it looks like that our cases should have been processed already, however we haven't even received the Interview Letters yet.

So FRUSTRATED !!! Don't know what to do to help it move the next step, as it sounds like that they haven't even scheduled the dates for Interviews and who knows when they'll start it. Infopasses seem almost useless. Hiring an attorney doesn't look that will help to speed-up the process. Or maybe it will? Please suggest. Because waiting so long and so indefinitely is painful.

Many Thanks Dear Forum Members

No updates here, my case has been in acceptance for a while too...

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel very bad for the Boston applicants. I can't imagine what you guys are going through. It seems to me that Boston USCIS officers put DV cases are the bottom of their priority lists, which is very unfortunate. They are clearly uninformed about the expedite nature of these applications.

One suggestion I would give is to see if you can make service requests instead of infopasses. Try calling the USCIS customer service line and reach a customer representative. And ask if it's possible for you to make a service request for interview letter given that your case have been taking agonizingly long. Make sure the representative on the phone know that it's a DV based AOS application.

Wish you guys all the best, and hopefully a breakthrough will come soon.

I have the exact same experience with the Boston office as edward1mel. I made several infopassed that were completely useless. And it is beyond frustrating that the Boston office not only does not expedite DV cases but also processes DV cases much slower than family-based cases. I was able to find a timeline of a Boston family-based applicant who applied on Oct 19 and received the interview letter on Feb 5!!! We applied in the beginning of October and no letter yet at the end of February.

I will also appreciate any advice about this situation. Thanks!

Hi Guys, I am so sorry to hear about all this... we are waiting this IL for 3 months now so i am still calm about all of this.. Anyhow, i looked over in the USCIS web site processing time and for I485 in Boston FO, it says August 2010 and not the usual 4 months processing time of most others FOs.. maybe this is the problem.. I don't know.

Hello All,
Hope your cases are moving along quickly and we all have enough patience...to wait.

Just a quick question about the status on the USCIS web-site. Do you see under your case the Interview as one of the possible statuses?
My application has the following statuses:
Acceptance
Initial Review
Decision
PDA
Card/Document Production.

There's no Testing and Interview status. I know it may appear later but curious if you have the Interview status under your case number.

Thank you and enjoy your Friday night!

Hello fellow members,

Still haven't received Interview letter from Boston office. Made several Infopasses, and was told at each of them to wait more, because there is a big work-load in Boston office. As well almost every CS that I had an Infopass with said that : " There is still time before September 30th". This answer is not what I'm happy to hear at all. It's been already 4,5 months since sending Application on October 1. And even according to the Boston Time Processing range it looks like that our cases should have been processed already, however we haven't even received the Interview Letters yet.

So FRUSTRATED !!! Don't know what to do to help it move the next step, as it sounds like that they haven't even scheduled the dates for Interviews and who knows when they'll start it. Infopasses seem almost useless. Hiring an attorney doesn't look that will help to speed-up the process. Or maybe it will? Please suggest. Because waiting so long and so indefinitely is painful.

Many Thanks Dear Forum Members

Hi, its very frustrating, you can try to contact with your local congressman or woman. I believe this will help you for sure. You can find information regarding to this process on 2009 AOS only pages. ( As far as remember, you need to write a detailed letter which explains your situation, your application number, field office etc... and you need to fax it, but you can find it all necessary info on these pages. There were couple of guys went into this way and it worked.)

By signature I meant adding about you case details at the bottom ( which you already did )
When was you AOS delivered to lockbox? Was it on 2/9 or is that the date you got text/email notification? Yes, MSC will send your file to local FO and then interview will be scheduled for you....

I sent AOS on 02/01, they received it on 02/03 and the notification was on 02/09.
I haven't really kept track of exact dates really. My lawyer says we should hear about FO in about 2 months...Fingers crossed!

Hello reptile,
Hopefullly you dont have to use them As Jacksonville seems to be good with DV cases, only my case seemed messed up there.
In any case, the Fax number at Jacksonville FO is 904-232-2388.

Thanks Enviro for this information.. Much appreciated

Hi TX1408,

My FO will be in Houston, and I am looking for a very good lawyer since my situation is actually a little bit complicated, Would you possibility give me your lawyer contact address( private or public) please? Is your lawyer professional? and How you did your biometric walk-in?

thanks

Hey guys, I have a situation that is not really related to this forum, but I thought some of you might know what to do. A good friend of mine was granted asylum in january 2010, and by the law you have to wait a year and then apply for the permanent resident card I-485, it is kind of the same process we did. So he sent his package in to the Dallas lockbox, as that is where these applications go on January 26, we checked online and the package got there on the 27th and it was signed off and since then no news, we also put the G1145 form to get text or email of acceptance and it has been over 3 weeks already and absolutely no news, no text, no email and no NOA and the check hasn't been cashed out yet. What do you guys suggest to do in this situation?

Hope this information from the following link would help:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

"Lockboxsupport@dhs.gov can answer questions regarding applications and petitions which are pending acceptance or rejection at the Lockbox, and those which have been rejected. Once your application has been accepted, the Lockbox has no information on the adjudication status. After your application or petition has been accepted by the Lockbox, if you have questions about the status of your pending application or petition, contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283 or visit our website, www.uscis.gov, and use the InfoPass system to make an appointment at your local USCIS office"

Hey guys, I have a situation that is not really related to this forum, but I thought some of you might know what to do. A good friend of mine was granted asylum in january 2010, and by the law you have to wait a year and then apply for the permanent resident card I-485, it is kind of the same process we did. So he sent his package in to the Dallas lockbox, as that is where these applications go on January 26, we checked online and the package got there on the 27th and it was signed off and since then no news, we also put the G1145 form to get text or email of acceptance and it has been over 3 weeks already and absolutely no news, no text, no email and no NOA and the check hasn't been cashed out yet. What do you guys suggest to do in this situation?

Hi again,
We're filing two i-485 simultaneously (winner and her spouse). Can anyone please advice, do we need to enclose single cover letter for the whole package, or one per each i-485 app?

Dear Friends:

Please tell me! I have just received my receipt of $65 paid to DOS. I don't know why my receipt was written red number on? The irst receipt was nothing marked, just a "paid" stamp. Any ideas? I have not done any wrong or something that I know off. I am trying to do anything to keep my status good.

Please, please please, share with me about this issue. Have any of our friends had this when you received the $65.00 receipt?
I'm worried guys! Please share with me!

Welcome any commends you all have!

Receipts are like that. Just " Paid on MMM DD, YYYY" stamped. Is your second receipt different than the first one?

By the way, when are you current? which is your local USCIS FO? Put these info at the bottom so that we can all better help you.

Dear Friends:

Please tell me! I have just received my receipt of $65 paid to DOS. I don't know why my receipt was written red number on? The irst receipt was nothing marked, just a "paid" stamp. Any ideas? I have not done any wrong or something that I know off. I am trying to do anything to keep my status good.

Please, please please, share with me about this issue. Have any of our friends had this when you received the $65.00 receipt?
I'm worried guys! Please share with me!

Welcome any commends you all have!

I would suggest enclosing separate cover letters.

Hi again,
We're filing two i-485 simultaneously (winner and her spouse). Can anyone please advice, do we need to enclose single cover letter for the whole package, or one per each i-485 app?

Again, dear friends:

I really want to find out why this my receipt this time was written number 9xx with red ink. Please friends, share with me. I need your help to know this.

Thank you all very much!

2011 AS 300xx
05/14:NL1 received
06/: Sent forms and bar code to KCC
06/12: sent $375 to DOS in St. MO
07/9: received 375 received stamped paid
07/__: received NL2 intention for AOS
01/__/2011: sent $65 to DOS
02/17/2011: received $65 receipt with 9xx written with red ink

Call KCC and make sure. But I think you will be fine.

Again, dear friends:

I really want to find out why this my receipt this time was written number 9xx with red ink. Please friends, share with me. I need your help to know this.

Thank you all very much!

2011 AS 300xx

Thanks feel:

Thank you very much for your help. When I sent the $65 to DOS, I sent along withe the first receipt and an explaination cover letter about the new AOS fee after July 13, according to our friends on the forum. The DOS sent me back the copy of $375 that I sent to them, and a $65 receipt with a stamp "paid January ___, 2011[/B]" They both were written 9xx with red ink. My USCIS FO will be in Jackson, MS, and New Orleans Louisiana. I'm not sure yet when my CN will be current. According to DV 2009, it will be in June.

2011 AS 300xx