• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this thread for quite some time now and thought it was about time I said hello! I completed my biometric yesterday and was wondering how long it usually takes before you get an appointment letter? Also, will I be able to see any update on my case on the website such as if the FBI check is over/successful?

Thanx!

Can you add you signature? Which FO are you in? No online case status does not tell you about the name check being cleared or not.

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this thread for quite some time now and thought it was about time I said hello! I completed my biometric yesterday and was wondering how long it usually takes before you get an appointment letter? Also, will I be able to see any update on my case on the website such as if the FBI check is over/successful?

Thanx!

There is no definite timeline, WGeneral. I am hoping you might get the card without being interviewed. Sica from Detroit,MI FO this year got it w/o being interviewed. Similarly there is one case from last year.

Hello all, I had just received notification that my EAD has been approved. I was wondering usually how long does it take after EAD for I-485 to move to the next step (whether it's CPO or interview notice). Thanks.

There is no definite timeline, WGeneral. I am hoping you might get the card without being interviewed. Sica from Detroit,MI FO this year got it w/o being interviewed. Similarly there is one case from last year.

Thank you. I am really hoping that's the case - I am on F1 and I don't want to have to go through the trouble of preparing the various documents I have no idea where they are (like W-2...for some reason I can't find one, or my tax returns) for the potential interview...

When I first got the notification I really thought it's for the GC, and I was super happy...then when I read it again it was somewhat of a disappointment to see "I-765." I guess at least the case is somewhat moving along, plus the processing time for 485 at Detroit is supposed to be 4 months, so 1 month to go.

Dear Friends:

Please tell me! I have just received my receipt of $65 paid to DOS. I don't know why my receipt was written red number on? The irst receipt was nothing marked, just a "paid" stamp. Any ideas? I have not done any wrong or something that I know off. I am trying to do anything to keep my status good.

Welcome any commends you all have!

I talked to KCC several times and I have received different answers. Some operators told me that they have not received any new requests, and some said that USCIS asked the package with the wrong name.

I sent several e-mails to KCC and have received no answers. Then I wrote a letter to USCIS last week and explained what happened.

Last Tuesday (Feb 15), I went to USCIS again (4-hour drive). Fortunately, the officer was much nicer than the previous two. I explained the situation. He checked our files and told me me that they have requested the package from KCC 4 times already. Then I told him that they were using the wrong name. While he was checking the name, I called KCC and talked one more time and confirmed that they did not receive a new request.

I asked the officer if he could talk to the KCC operator. USCIS officer and KCC operator talked to each other and KCC side explained the problem. After that the officer told me that they would request the package with the right name.

Today, I called KCC and learned that KCC received the second request and sent the package on the 14th of February.

That sounds like a good news. But we went to USCIS on the 15th and KCC told us that they have not received any new requests. And today, they told me they have sent the package on the 14th.

Honestly, I am confused. I will wait for new interview letters for another week. If I do not receive them in 10 days, I will drive to SLC again.

I am sorry I am writing too much. But I hope these will help those who have the same problem.

Mista

The update I got from my lawyer last week, is that after seeing the repeated requests fax from USCIS , KCC finally sent my file to the USCIS Field Office. I have been told to wait 30 days before we make another enquiry from my local field office- to confirm they have recieved my file.

I am deseprately waiting for my Interview appointment later- its the 5th month after applying.

I wanted to ask if anyone from Boston (bcbg, edwardimel, Lution, Yoyoko), or goodfellas, Mista have any updates. I think at this point we are all in similar timelines for interview letter.

Hey Everybody!
I just wanted to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all of the information and support you have given me.
Me and my wife had the interview 2 days ago and got approved by the nicest USCIS agent out there (Los Angeles).
We came in, were told that we have to wait at least 2 hours. After 6 minutes, they call us in.
Apparently, DV cases are handled quicker :))).
The agent went through with me and wife over all documents we sent, talked a lot about her co-workers and her cousins and approved us.
Again, thank you all. If any questions or help, I'm here for you!
My best to you all!

Hi Enviro,

I'm sorry that you've been waiting the interview letter for a long time. I haven't received anything so far, but my biometrics was the end of December, so I think I'll wait one more month. I called USCIS before because my case was not there in "my case status" online, an operator told me that they had a technical problem. She also said the interview date was not assigned yet and told me to wait till March. I'll update if I get any information or hopefully letter.
The update I got from my lawyer last week, is that after seeing the repeated requests fax from USCIS , KCC finally sent my file to the USCIS Field Office. I have been told to wait 30 days before we make another enquiry from my local field office- to confirm they have recieved my file.

I am deseprately waiting for my Interview appointment later- its the 5th month after applying.

I wanted to ask if anyone from Boston (bcbg, edwardimel, Lution, Yoyoko), or goodfellas, Mista have any updates. I think at this point we are all in similar timelines for interview letter.

Congrats. Wish you all the best in future. When did you get your interview letter?

Hey Everybody!
I just wanted to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all of the information and support you have given me.
Me and my wife had the interview 2 days ago and got approved by the nicest USCIS agent out there (Los Angeles).
We came in, were told that we have to wait at least 2 hours. After 6 minutes, they call us in.
Apparently, DV cases are handled quicker :))).
The agent went through with me and wife over all documents we sent, talked a lot about her co-workers and her cousins and approved us.
Again, thank you all. If any questions or help, I'm here for you!
My best to you all!

Opt i-765

Does anyone know if those who have an OPT-based EAD should include the I-765 with their application packet?

I am an F-1 student who has completed studies and is on a 1 year OPT and I already have an EAD. Do I need to file the I-765 form when submitting my I-485?

Thanks!

Hello reptile,
Hopefullly you dont have to use them As Jacksonville seems to be good with DV cases, only my case seemed messed up there.
In any case, the Fax number at Jacksonville FO is 904-232-2388.

Hi Enviro,

I really hope your case will start moving forward soon.. Good luck.

Is it possible to ask your lawyer in your next meeting which fax numbers he used to contact the Jax FO and KCC? It is probable i might need them later in my process.

Thanks!

Not necessarily. You can send your I-485 packet without I-765 application. How long is your OPT-EAD valid?

Does anyone know if those who have an OPT-based EAD should include the I-765 with their application packet?

I am an F-1 student who has completed studies and is on a 1 year OPT and I already have an EAD. Do I need to file the I-765 form when submitting my I-485?

Thanks!

Not necessarily. You can send your I-485 packet without I-765 application. How long is your OPT-EAD valid?

My OPT-EAD is valid till the middle of June '11.

I hope everything moves 'fast enough' and I should have the green card before that!

Can you add you signature? Which FO are you in? No online case status does not tell you about the name check being cleared or not.

I'm in Houston so I assume my file will be sent there eventually. Right now MSC is handling it.
What do you mean by my signature?

02/03/11: AOS sent to Chicago
02/09: AOS received
02/15: Biometric letter received, appointment on 02/25/11
02/16/11: Biometric walk-in

No updates here, my case has been in acceptance for a while too...

By signature I meant adding about you case details at the bottom ( which you already did )
When was you AOS delivered to lockbox? Was it on 2/9 or is that the date you got text/email notification? Yes, MSC will send your file to local FO and then interview will be scheduled for you....

I'm in Houston so I assume my file will be sent there eventually. Right now MSC is handling it.
What do you mean by my signature?

02/03/11: AOS sent to Chicago
02/09: AOS received
02/15: Biometric letter received, appointment on 02/25/11
02/16/11: Biometric walk-in

For those who followed my story of losing the i797 letter right after making a copy, and then the bio apt letter right after making a copy... well the former was in my mailbox yesterday! Some nice person must have picked it up and put it in a mailbox...! Crazy...

Wow! Hope you will get your bio letter too.

For those who followed my story of losing the i797 letter right after making a copy, and then the bio apt letter right after making a copy... well the former was in my mailbox yesterday! Some nice person must have picked it up and put it in a mailbox...! Crazy...