• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

You made a mistake by putting your middle name on the last name field on your passport. Cannot you correct it now? I am not sure what the regulation is but you might have options, check with your country's passport office.

Dear feel, thanks for your promptly acknowledge. Yeah, we do not have any Mid field for the Name in our passport form, whether I have to put "First Name: TANIA AKTER" or "Last Name: AKTER"! There is only two field First and Last! I can correct my passport now, but it will contain my name as "First Name: TANIA AKTER", Last Name: (blank). Do you think I should go with the amendment?

Why dont you go to the embassy and confirm. It is a serious matter so do not take risk.

Dear feel, thanks for your promptly acknowledge. Yeah, we do not have any Mid field for the Name in our passport form, whether I have to put "First Name: TANIA AKTER" or "Last Name: AKTER"! There is only two field First and Last! I can correct my passport now, but it will contain my name as "First Name: TANIA AKTER", Last Name: (blank). Do you think I should go with the amendment?

Why dont you go to the embassy and confirm. It is a serious matter so do not take risk.

I did try to discuss with them, they said they don't provide any information over phone but via email, then I emailed them but no response from there, then I emailed at KCC they replied the above thing! :(

I read the problem with ttania name problem. This is a really stupid mistake which I have no idea how to fix, but that what happens whn you guys dont eve pay attention to what you are filling out. Good luck finding a way out of this.

I read the problem with ttania name problem. This is a really stupid mistake which I have no idea how to fix, but that what happens whn you guys dont eve pay attention to what you are filling out. Good luck finding a way out of this.

This is ridiculous! ......... We are human beings, everybody makes mistakes and nobody have a right to scold people like this, natta.

Hello Everyone, I'm not regular in this section, I'm from "DV winners from Bangladesh" section, desperately I need some suggestions here, see if you guys can help me out here!

When I entered my name in DV lottery entry form, I put First Name: TANIA, Mid Name: AKTER, Last Name/Family Name: (just checked in "No Last Name" option). And I filled up my DSP forms in same way. But my passport contains my name as First Name: TANIA, Last Name/Surname: AKTER, in passport form there was no Mid Name option, that's why I had to put "AKTER" in Last Name field.

I see two options here: (1) either change passport so it shows first and middle name - then you will be consistent with DV entry and DSP forms, (2) if such passport can not be issued gather all possible documentation from your country's passport agency that proves you can not obtain passport with middle name option, then you bring it with you on interview.

Do you see what option you guys offer? You offer her to change all the paperwork up to now: passport, IDs and diplomas, only because of a mistake that they can just explaine it to them. No one would give a passport with only a first and middle name , but no last name.

When I entered my name in DV lottery entry form, I put First Name: TANIA, Mid Name: AKTER, Last Name/Family Name: (just checked in "No Last Name" option). And I filled up my DSP forms in same way. But my passport contains my name as First Name: TANIA, Last Name/Surname: AKTER, in passport form there was no Mid Name option, that's why I had to put "AKTER" in Last Name field. My all legal documents contain my name as "Name: TANIA AKTER" with the NAME title, there is no First/Mid/Last name options in my all legal documents.
You have to understand that there are people from many countries in this thread, and that for somebody from Europe, having no last name is very unusual. I take that back, it is unheard of.
But I googled "Bangladesh names" and I found out that it was (maybe still is) fairly common not to have last names in your country. I think you will get much more relevant help in the Bangladeshi thread because other people must have went through the same process in the past.

To me it also seems overkill to change your passport and all the other documents just because of a DV lottery entry. Again, this is a cultural thing, perhaps it is not so unusual for Bangladesh.

I also think this is only a minor discrepancy. You still have the same name in both your DV entry and all your official documents. It does not look like you intentionally lied, or claimed a different identity. I would think a consular officer would understand the problem. I imagine they have seen many other cases like this in Dhaka. But this is only what I think, watching from the sidelines. I do not have any experience with such a case.

Wait a bit more, maybe the embassy will answer your question. Or follow the advice of other Bangladeshi who went through this process already.

Tania,

At the end your name has same set of words everywhere. I don't know about what you should do. This kind of problem is very common in Bangladesh. In my case also I had problem with middle name as my name is X.Y. Abcd Efgh. At the end things were fine I got visa and now I am in USA. I hope and believe that should be fine. So don't worry and put you concentration on other side of your interview.

Wish you all the best.

Good luck to everyone. Still remember the days of gathering information before applying it ;-)

Tania,

At the end your name has same set of words everywhere. I don't know about what you should do. This kind of problem is very common in Bangladesh. In my case also I had problem with middle name as my name is X.Y. Abcd Efgh. At the end things were fine I got visa and now I am in USA. I hope and believe that should be fine. So don't worry and put you concentration on other side of your interview.

Wish you all the best.

Thanks brother, for your helpful post! This post at least make my all tense faded away! :) Thanks a ton. And certainly, I'm concerned about my interview preparation. Pray for us who are already facing interviews and going to be! Be blessed!

Ssj1 and Luganskman,
Wish you all the best for your interviews this week....

Last edited by a moderator: