• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Thanks for the explanation Feel. In my case I am still in acceptance stage one month after the biometrics...
It is nothing but a Last Updated Date in your case status page if you have made an account at the uscis page with you receipt number. I am curious to know if it changes after you do your bio.

I agree that is rather weird, I entered my data on the spreadsheet and it is now gone??

So you did not delete your own data. That's the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks.
I restored several rows that have been deleted, including yours and Avia's (up to CPO, I did not have all her data).

Thanks for the explanation Feel. In my case I am still in acceptance stage one month after the biometrics...

Yes, the status does not change, you do not receive any text message, but if you created an account, after you log in, go to My Portofolio. There you will see a table with all your applications. Look at the date in the column "Last Updated (mm/dd/yyyy)" for your I485 application. It should be the date of your biometrics or one day after.

Yes, the status does not change, you do not receive any text message, but if you created an account, after you log in, go to My Portofolio. There you will see a table with all your applications. Look at the date in the column "Last Updated (mm/dd/yyyy)" for your I485 application. It should be the date of your biometrics or one day after.
Hi, mine just shows the date of the bio letter's sending date even after bio interview done. No change at all...

nncu, baobab, and reptile thank you for your comments.

I know it is disappointing but there is nothing to do.
We have to have faith and be patient.

I think we need to see the glass as "half full" instead of "half empty".
At least our number is small and we have time.

Good luck to those who will have interviews.

Hi, mine just shows the date of the bio letter's sending date even after bio interview done. No change at all...

The online system is unreliable. People reported all kinds of oddities, so I am not that surprised that there are cases that did not get a soft LUD after biometrics.
However, based on all the reports, mostly from the 2010 thread, I think the common pattern is to get a LUD change after biometrics.

My post was mainly trying to explain the steps needed to look for the LUD because some of the replies led me to believe that not everyone knew how to check the LUD (last update date). For me, the LUD chage after biometrics was the only update between the time my case became available in the online system and until the CPO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, I have not participated in this thread in a long time. I'm just posting to add information to the spreadsheet file

For some reason, really excited about my biometrics this Thursday...good thing it's right after the huge snowstorm. I definitely would not want to drive to Detroit during a snowstorm. Fingers crossed that I won't need an interview :p but who knows

Ok, I'm back with my interview story. In short, it was successfull and I recieved CPO about 20 minutes after interview was over.

I very appreciate everybody's help and support on this forum, thank you guys soooo muchhhhh!!!!!!!!! Without you the process of information gathering would be so miserable! Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts, thank you for discussions, thank you for being!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and being so helpful =)
From the bottom of my heart I wish everybody best of luck with getting GC!

The actual interview was fast, took about 10 minutes: oath, general questions (name, address, marital status etc.), yes/no questions from I-485. Then the lady who was doing interview asked me how long it will take for me to graduate and what I am going to do afterwards. I think she just wanted to make sure I can support myself financially, since my graduation is this summer (so teaching assistantship salary won't be there anymore) and I did not provide any employment offer with my application. So I tried to convince her that with my degree it should not be a problem to find a postdoctoral position. She did not ask for affidavit of support, instead she asked if I was notified to bring any additional documents for my application. I said that would be high school diploma, gave her original and translation and she added translation in the file. Then she asked if I filed taxes for 2009 since she couldn't find them in file, I actually did and they were there in application. Then after couple of questions about my family she said the case is approved and I can become a permanent resident =) If I want I can stay in waiting area and she will let me know when she complete card order, although it should not be a problem because as she checked Visa Billetin in the morning there is visa available now. Apparently I didn't mind waiting weeks =) she came back 10 minutes later and confirmed she ordered the card and I should recieve it within 30 days!! Notification about status change came on my cell 10 minutes later, and when I reached home I checked it on USCIS site, Card/Document Production!!! The status was always at "Initial Review", never changed, no LUD change after biometrics, and then moved to the very last stage after the interview.

I sincerely wish everyone a smooth and fast process!! Thank you!!!!

Congrats Vezuha, Wish you all the best.

Ok, I'm back with my interview story. In short, it was successfull and I recieved CPO about 20 minutes after interview was over.

I very appreciate everybody's help and support on this forum, thank you guys soooo muchhhhh!!!!!!!!! Without you the process of information gathering would be so miserable! Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts, thank you for discussions, thank you for being!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and being so helpful =)

The actual interview was fast, took about 10 minutes: oath, general questions (name, address, marital status etc.), yes/no questions from I-485. Then the lady who was doing interview asked me how long it will take for me to graduate and what I am going to do afterwards. I think she just wanted to make sure I can support myself financially, since my graduation is this summer (so teaching assistantship salary won't be there anymore) and I did not provide any employment offer with my application. So I tried to convince her that with my degree it should not be a problem to find a postdoctoral position. She did not ask for affidavit of support, instead she asked if I was notified to bring any additional documents for my application. I said that would be high school diploma, gave her original and translation and she added translation in the file. Then she asked if I filed taxes for 2009 since she couldn't find them in file, I actually did and they were there in application. Then after couple of questions about my family she said the case is approved and I can become a permanent resident =) If I want I can stay in waiting area and she will let me know when she complete card order, although it should not be a problem because as she checked Visa Billetin in the morning there is visa available now. Apparently I didn't mind waiting weeks =) she came back 10 minutes later and confirmed she ordered the card and I should recieve it within 30 days!! Notification about status change came on my cell 10 minutes later, and when I reached home I checked it on USCIS site, Card/Document Production!!! The status was always at "Initial Review", never changed, no LUD change after biometrics, and then moved to the very last stage after the interview.

Congrats!!! What a relief ;)

Thank you!!!!

Congratulations vezuha :) :)

So you did not delete your own data. That's the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks.
I restored several rows that have been deleted, including yours and Avia's (up to CPO, I did not have all her data).

Thanks for restoring that, I was going to go back in and re-enter it, I definitely did not delete it myself.

Interview

My interview was originally scheduled for 1/27/11 but the local FO was closed due to weather. When I called USCIS, they told me to wait for a rescheduled interview letter. Impatient, I went back early the next day, even though USCIS CSRs were adamant that they don't do walk-ins, and was allowed in (to my surprise - thanks natta and lisa6).

Although there were 8-10 people already waiting when I gave them my interview letter, I was the second person to be called in. The IO had me take the oath and then started going through my file. The only documents he asked were the original birth certificate, passports and I-94 (no Affidavit of Support). Initially, he asked for my name, address, dob, ssn, country of birth, etc. and verified it against the AOS application. Then he started asking about when I received my visa's, how many times had I entered/exited the US and when/where, current status, if I have maintained status throughout, when I graduated, whether my SEVIS records had been transferred when I changed schools and on and on. This had me kinda' nervous as he was writing down my responses in a writing pad and I wasn't sure why. Then, finally he went through the yes/no questions from the I-485. Then he told me that I would get a response in the mail within the next 30 days. Just to get a sense of whether he was going to approve my case, I asked if there was a way I could find out earlier over the phone or online. He said he wasn't sure how up to date the online system was and that I would either an approval letter or an Intent to Deny letter. Before I left, he made copies of my passport.

This left me with an uneasy feeling.. especially as almost everybody on this forum seemed to know at the end of their interviews whether their case had been approved. Also, unlike others, I got no email/txt for CPO notification on 1/28 or 1/31 (perhaps unsurprisingly as the online system could never find my case). When I called USCIS for an update, they didn't even have a record of the interview taking place. I was beginning to feel resigned to the fact that I would just have to be patient and wait out the 30 days. Then, for some reason today I decided to check my case status online (this never worked for me before) and there it was "Card/ Document Production". I could not believe it.... I called USCIS and now the automated system finally could find my case and verified my case status as CPO. Relief...

A big thank you to everyone on this forum who take time to share their knowledge and give advice to others. And I wish everyone currently under process a smooth journey.

Tax Return,

Do we need to send in out tax return information from prior years when we send our AOS package? As I have done some people sent it with their AOS package and some people did not. What will be the safe thing to do? I want to make sure that USCIS does not delay the case because they did not receive the Tax forms with them.

Thanks, really appreciate all the help, support and positiveness I have received from the discussions here.

@natorquest,

I don't believe tax return information is required to be sent with the AOS package. I did not send any in but did have my W-2's from the past years with me for the interview, although it was not asked for.

Tax Return,

Do we need to send in out tax return information from prior years when we send our AOS package? As I have done some people sent it with their AOS package and some people did not. What will be the safe thing to do? I want to make sure that USCIS does not delay the case because they did not receive the Tax forms with them.

Thanks, really appreciate all the help, support and positiveness I have received from the discussions here.

Congrats lucky2011 for receiving your interview letter. It's almost over.
Congrats to Vezuha and Pbz. Enjoy!
I received my NOAs tonight. Hopefully, it's gonna go fast too.

2011AF00017XXX

04/22/10 1st NL Received
11/17/10 $880 sent to DOS
11/28/10 Receipt received
12/17/10 Medicals started
01/14/11 Medicals done
Current in January
01/21/11 AOS package sent
01/24/11 Package received
01/27/11 Notice Date
02/01/11 NOAs received

Last edited by a moderator: