• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Please, carefully read this link.

a) You need to send a postal money order or a bank cashier's check. Your local post office can issue money orders which are cheaper than the cashier's checks from your bank.
b) On the "pay to the order of", write down "U.S. Department of State".
c) Yes, again your spouse just needs to get a money order or cashier's check in the amount of $880 (for both of you). You should print out and complete the full page in the link mentioned above and include it inside your destination envelope along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and your check.
d) Ship it with USPS at the post office with priority mail or express mail.

Finally I got my 2nd NL. Now, I know my case number (my 1st NL was missing). However, I need to send DV fee. I have some questions regarding sending DV fee. Friendz, please help me.
a) Can I send Bank check?
b) If so, what should be written on "pay to" of the check? Should it be "US department of state, Diversity visa program"?
c) I don't have any bank account. Can my spouse send the DV fee in favor of both of us?
d) As the address is a PO box, should I send it via general postal service?

Please help me about the issues. I will be really grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck tomorrow with your interview Queenslurker.

Also, congrats to those that just found out that they will be current in March. You still have plenty of time.

Thanks a lot. That will help.

Please, carefully read this link.

a) You need to send a postal money order or a bank cashier's check. Your local post office can issue money orders which are cheaper than the cashier's checks from your bank.
b) On the "pay to the order of", write down "U.S. Department of State".
c) Yes, again your spouse just needs to get a money order or cashier's check in the amount of $880 (for both of you). You should print out and complete the full page in the link mentioned above and include it inside your destination envelope along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and your check.
d) Ship it with USPS at the post office with priority mail or express mail.

Hi everyone,
Is there anyone from Iran here. I wish to know of usual name checking process time for Iranian citizen.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,
Is there anyone from Iran here. I wish to know of usual name checking process time for Iranian citizen.

Thanks.

I am from Iran as well.

That was my question and still I could not find the answer.

I hope it take less than 2 months for FBI checks.

anyone has any idea about FBI check of Iranian citizen?

thanks

So how many total school years do you have?

hey there

well i did my vocational high school diploma in one year because i had the level of a general one (failed it to 0.20 points).
While doing my vocational diploma i was working so i only got one year of work experience.

but i mean, having my vocational high school diploma means that i've completed secondary school, so i'm good, i hope...

reptile,

Agree, most of the fields on I-131 are not for AP, pretty much the first page and then move to Part 7. I've attached a separate piece of paper explaining why I would need AP with my name, address on the top and saying that this is an attachment for I-131. I have not sent it yet but think that would work.

Holy !%$#@.. I'm current.

Guys, did any one of you submit the Advance Parole document? If yes, can you confirm that most fields in form I-131 don't apply to us and we must add a paper explaining the situation? What did you include in the paper?

I know the below info has been discussed previously. Please refresh my memory:
- Should the electronic notification be the first document in my package or the biographic info?
- I have personal checks with my old address on them. Do you think this might cause a problem?

Guess tonight's gonna be a long night for me!

Thanks

Hey Baobab,

Congrats! I was just wondering if you had the same experience? I had my interview today and the officer only recommended me for approval and cancelled my F1 visa. Have you gotten your approval notice?

10/29/2010 AOS sent
11/7/2010 Notice of action received
11/19/2010 Biometrics done
1/13/2011 Interview ( Recommended for approval by interview officer)

Congrats !!! You should be receiving a "Card Production Order" message very soon. A welcome letter will be mailed out to you in a week. By the way, where did you have your interview?

Hey Baobab,

Congrats! I was just wondering if you had the same experience? I had my interview today and the officer only recommended me for approval and cancelled my F1 visa. Have you gotten your approval notice?

My interview was in Wichita KS. I was expecting to be stamped with a temporary green card but he just told me the final approval will be done at a district office. Whatever that means. Thanks, I wish you good luck too.

I received GC yesterday. I took it to the local social security office to update my status.

Good Luck to all of you!

My interview did not go as planned. Remember that I'm filing under 245i. Well, my interviewer was CLEARLY unfamiliar with the law. Just to give you guys a background on my story:

My aunt filed a petition for my father in January 1998. I aged out of that petition. So when my father received his Green Card in 2009, he filed a family-based petition for me. I was content in waiting the many years to become current. Then in May 2010, I received the letter saying that I won the DV Lottery. So, when I became current in October, I filed AOS under 245i, since a petition was filed before January 14, 1998.

Well when I walked into the interview and swore in, my interviewer immediately told me that a Visa was not available for me because my father just filed a petition for me (she was obviously referencing the petition that my father filed for me in 2009). I corrected her and said I was there because I won the 2011 DV Lottery. She said that was fine but if I wanted to claim a VISA under my DV win, I would have to leave the country. I was enraged because that is NOT TRUE. And I couldn't believe that this lady had the audacity to say such a thing with such confection. I said no, she was mistaken and that I DID qualify under the 245i and the 245i says that as long as a petition was filed for me (or if i'm the derivative beneficiary of such petition) then the law says I can do AOS in the United States under any petition means, this include the DV Lottery. She then says "I'll talk to my supervisor, but I think you're mistaken". I listen to her talk outside the office (I only heard bits and pieces) and all I hear from her is "Oh! Is that so? I've never done a case like this! heehhe" Ugh.... I was even more upset at that point. So she comes back and says that she doesn't know why her field office (Holtsville) received my case because NYC has a special division for Diversity Lottery winners. She said it was a mistake that they received my file and that her supervisor will send over my file to NYC today. She said it should take about 1 month to get a new interview at the NYC office.

I'm utterly appalled that they have that woman working there. What if I didn't know the law and I just sat there and said "OK" and let her deny my case. What would have happened? Remember guys, educate yourself. Education is the key to freedom.

I will keep you guys up to date on when I receive my new interview letter.