• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Why don't you make an infopass and let them know it is a DV case...It is a long wait for you.

Ok, we are in 2011 and I still did not get an interview letter.

I called USCIS today and was told that my FO-Newark is still processing applications from July 2010. I was also told that it doesn't matter if it's DV Lottery case or any other case and I need to wait until they process all other apps starting July. My FO got my case only in Nov'23.

It feels like it's purposely delayed or something.

It does matter that it is a DV case. It is a fact that they process these faster. Otherwise all the people that got their GC and interviews already should have still be waiting months....
The person at the USCIS that told you that is simply not aware of the processing. Probably spoke to a security guard or some other phone receptionist.

Ok, we are in 2011 and I still did not get an interview letter.

I called USCIS today and was told that my FO-Newark is still processing applications from July 2010. I was also told that it doesn't matter if it's DV Lottery case or any other case and I need to wait until they process all other apps starting July. My FO got my case only in Nov'23.

It feels like it's purposely delayed or something.

Why don't you make an infopass and let them know it is a DV case...It is a long wait for you.

I already did, 30 days ago and was asked to come in 30 days. It's such a waste of time When I am tell them(girl on the phone or officer at the FO) about the DV, it looks like they never heard about it. It's getting on my nerves already especially when I was told that they are only in July now.

Lisa6, I'm in the same boat. Still waiting for interview letter. As I can see from spreadsheet we are not along. So let's hope that we will get our Interview letter till end of January. I happened before from previous year.

Lisa6, I'm in the same boat. Still waiting for interview letter. As I can see from spreadsheet we are not along. So let's hope that we will get our Interview letter till end of January. I happened before from previous year.

I was not even naughty this year, I don't why Santa did not give me the desired present.

I don't hear anything this month. I will do an infopass once a week.

See, the thing is that it doesn't say anywhere in the official site that DV cases should be expedited, so we can not even point it to them.

@ baobob

"We have many F1 applicants that do not have another job/income. So how do w2, employment letter, pay stubs apply to them? ".

I just want to add to your comments that F1 students who work as TA/GRA have W2, employment letter and pay stubs.

@ lisa & luganskman

I once read somewhere that if after some time (I guess 60 days) you have not heard anything about your case you can put an official request on your file via USCIS. and the field office should respond to your official request within an appropriate time.

@ lisa & luganskman

I once read somewhere that if after some time (I guess 60 days) you have not heard anything about your case you can put an official request on your file via USCIS. and the field office should respond to your official request within an appropriate time.

That's what I kind a tried to do, but was told that my application is under the normal processing frame. The funny thing is that at the FO I was told that they are waiting for a decision from the NBC, which totally confused me, since the file is already at the local office.

If anybody could find a link to the official site where it says anything about prioritizing DV cases, I would appreciate it.

I think we can use this one:
(search for the word LOTTERY after you open the link)

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-8624/0-0-0-9232.html#0-0-0-433

That's what I kind a tried to do, but was told that my application is under the normal processing frame. The funny thing is that at the FO I was told that they are waiting for a decision from the NBC, which totally confused me, since the file is already at the local office.

If anybody could find a link to the official site where it says anything about prioritizing DV cases, I would appreciate it.

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-8624/0-0-0-9232.html#0-0-0-433

This part is close:

" Entitlement to adjustment of status under the DV program lasts only through the end of the fiscal year (September 30) for which the applicant is selected in the lottery. (For example, the year of entitlement for all applicants registered for the DV-2001 program ends as of September 30, 2001, and DV adjustments may not be granted to DV-2001 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2001 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2001.) For that reason, it is extremely important that every office carefully monitor its DV adjustment caseload and take appropriate steps to ensure that (to the extent possible) all adjustment applications filed by DV lottery winners and their dependents are adjudicated no later than September 30."

Thank you, R2010, for a good link.

Here's the quote from the link:

"For that reason, it is extremely important that every office carefully monitor its DV adjustment caseload and take appropriate steps to ensure that (to the extent possible) all adjustment applications filed by DV lottery winners and their dependents are adjudicated no later than September 30."

I guess it implies that the case(s) should be adjudicated before September 30 but any time before it is just a normal processing time. I don't think that officially USCIS can take the responsibility and guarantee the case is completed before sept.30. In the same time my hope is that USCIS is trying to monitor DV cases and adjust statuses accordantly.

Hello everyone!
The interview went well. I wish I was as happy as I was expecting. This new year started with a very sad news for me: murder of 21 members of my church in Egypt by a suicide bomber who was chanting "God is Great! God is Great!". Anyways, the field officer was very nice. She went through all the basic info and questions in the application form. She asked for original I-20 and that was it! When I asked ,"So what is next?" She said that I should expect my GC by mail. She also let me keep my I-94 and OPT work authorization so that I can work until I receive my GC. I did not apply for work authorization based on AOS since I already have one based on OPT.

Good Luck to everyone!

@armanio:
Sorry to hear about your church members. Congratulations on the GC though. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do regarding your Affidavit of Support (I-864, I-134 or none)?

Good Luck to Chenthittayil, natta, js7, tahoe and baobab on your interviews. Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.

@armanio:
Sorry to hear about your church members. Congratulations on the GC though. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do regarding your Affidavit of Support (I-864, I-134 or none)?

Dear pbz,

As a DV winner, the right form to use is I-134 if you are ever asked for one. Follow this link for confirmation kabul.usembassy.gov/im_affidativ_support2.html