• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I am not here with a F1 visa. I entered the country with a J1 which is also a student visa (international student doing an internship or semester in the states). I provided the affidavit of support along with the AOS package back in october. the attached letter with the interview letters still asked me to bring proof of affidavit of support which I did but the IO did not ask for it. However, if i were you i will go at the interview with affidavit of support. if your sponsor is American, bring his or her copy of birth certificate. If not American, a copy of hsi or her greencard

Thanks frenchiechs for your input. I will be prepared.

Case update: we received our EADs. Not quite like getting GCs I suppose, but still, something palpable!

A little update:
I called today to KCC and asked them if USCIS requested my files and answer was 'yes they requested on 17 of December'.
Not a big news if take in account that natta's files were requested the same day as she did her biometrics, but any way it is interesting how SF FO working on cases.
I just wondering how long it will take for them to schedule an Interview after they have everything they need for interview.

I called kcc last week asking for confirmation of my file transfer. the man which was very polite told me first that we do not have such information here (whether your file has been transferred or not!!!) but I told him that I have checked previously and I think you must have such information. then he told me "wait a minute" and then he said we can not give you such information!. and then after some talk he told me no. I called again today and the same person told me that it has not yet been transferred. I GUESS that the man is not well informed about the procedure. I want to ask if anyone recently has called kcc regarding his/her file transfer and got POSITIVE result?

thanks

I got my answer very soon. luganskman did you talk with the man which is polite and always says "sir".

I talked to a lady. Actually I called to KCC every Tuesday and asked them about my files and always I had my answers. It was 'no' of cause till today. But I'm surprised that somebody answered you that they can not provide that type of information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everybody from the DV 2011!!... Well today was my interview first of all I arrived to the office one hour before my interview was at 8:30 and I was there at 7:25, there was some people that were out already so I went inside I waited like 5 minutes and the officer came my interview was really smooth and the officer was really nice... they asked me: birth date, mother's and father's first name, married or single, children, and they copy some letters that I needed to bring from University and I was done. She told me that she will let me know by mail... but she didn't say if I was approved or not. Well that was it... I was completely nervous but its done... now I feel a little bit worried because everybody else had an answer that they were approved but I didn't !!.. so we will see what is going to happenn !!!!!!!!... GOODDD LUCKK EVERYBODYY AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH MEE!!.. THANK YOU SO MUCHHH FOR ALLLLLL THE HELP!!!,..,,, without this forum I would be lost and maybe right now with a lawyer spending thousands of dollars!!..

I think your status would change to CPO today or tomorrow. Just keep an eye on it.
One quick question: Was your ASC (for fingerprinting) in Houston? If so, are you aware of walk-in biometrics there?

Hello everybody from the DV 2011!!... Well today was my interview first of all I arrived to the office one hour before my interview was at 8:30 and I was there at 7:25, there was some people that were out already so I went inside I waited like 5 minutes and the officer came my interview was really smooth and the officer was really nice... they asked me: birth date, mother's and father's first name, married or single, children, and they copy some letters that I needed to bring from University and I was done. She told me that she will let me know by mail... but she didn't say if I was approved or not. Well that was it... I was completely nervous but its done... now I feel a little bit worried because everybody else had an answer that they were approved but I didn't !!.. so we will see what is going to happenn !!!!!!!!... GOODDD LUCKK EVERYBODYY AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH MEE!!.. THANK YOU SO MUCHHH FOR ALLLLLL THE HELP!!!,..,,, without this forum I would be lost and maybe right now with a lawyer spending thousands of dollars!!..

I think your status would change to CPO today or tomorrow. Just keep an eye on it.
One quick question: Was your ASC (for fingerprinting) in Houston? If so, are you aware of walk-in biometrics there?

Yes of course I received a letter for the biometrics, here in Houston depending on where someone lives they send to a specific one .. the closer office for the person ... It was quick and without problems.. just a walk in.. not need for appointment!

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience with USCIS. I received biometrics appointment for 1/4, but I'll be away from Boston on the day. I know it is probably better to change my travel plan and come back to Boston before the appointment day, but changing airplane ticket costs a lot:(

The USCIS office and biometrics office are different in Boston. I did INFO PASS today to ask if I can reschedule or do walk-in. The person there said I can reschedule, but then he said "the appointment is full now" or "system is not working right now" or something like that. I can't remember... I should've asked more detail but I was a little nervous. He told me to come back when I get back (which is 1/5), then I can reschedule. He also said I cannot do walk-in bio.

I'm ganna go to the biometrics office directly tomorrow if I can re-schedule there. If I can't, I'll try INFO PASS again next week. I just prefer to reschedule in person, because it sometimes takes time to receive the new appointment by mail...

I just wanted to share this with you guys because some of us sometimes have plans on the appointment day and it might difficult to change the plan:(

Anyways, Happy Holidays! Hope everything goes well with everyone:)

Hey willowher,
What kind of University letters did they make copy of?

You might want to try just showing up for a walk-in, see what they say. If they don't want to take you, then you can ask about rescheduling. What do you have to lose? (famous last words...)

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience with USCIS. I received biometrics appointment for 1/4, but I'll be away from Boston on the day. I know it is probably better to change my travel plan and come back to Boston before the appointment day, but changing airplane ticket costs a lot:(

The USCIS office and biometrics office are different in Boston. I did INFO PASS today to ask if I can reschedule or do walk-in. The person there said I can reschedule, but then he said "the appointment is full now" or "system is not working right now" or something like that. I can't remember... I should've asked more detail but I was a little nervous. He told me to come back when I get back (which is 1/5), then I can reschedule. He also said I cannot do walk-in bio.

I'm ganna go to the biometrics office directly tomorrow if I can re-schedule there. If I can't, I'll try INFO PASS again next week. I just prefer to reschedule in person, because it sometimes takes time to receive the new appointment by mail...

I just wanted to share this with you guys because some of us sometimes have plans on the appointment day and it might difficult to change the plan:(

pls help regarding checks!

First of all thnx a lot for all the infos..

I had a question regarding the checks , can we make personal checks for I485 fees as i see everyone knowing when the checks were cashed..!!

Thanx!

2011AF00025xxx
current in feb.

I agree with nncu. When you go to the biometrics office tomorrow, ask if you can take them on that day. Bring your appointment letter and your passport with you, and tell them that you are out of town on Jan 4th. Ask for rescheduling only if they do not allow you to take them tomorrow.

First of all thnx a lot for all the infos..

I had a question regarding the checks , can we make personal checks for I485 fees as i see everyone knowing when the checks were cashed..!!

Thanx!

2011AF00025xxx
current in feb.

Yes, personal checks are allowed.