• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Avia, Dalerpulatov, Frenchiechs & Lipna: Come back with great news tomorrow. Wish you all good luck....

but how does the officer want to check the original document in my native language with the notarized translated copy that I have submitted?
I think I get your question now. You are thinking, what if I show the IO a label from a bottle of salad dressing, how would they know the difference?
It is a good point, especially if your country is not using the Latin alphabet.

However, the IO can still check that the "original document" is the same as the photocopy that you submitted and which will remain in your file even after your application is approved, thus eliminating the need for a notarized copy.

If at some point in the future something triggers a more thorough investigation on you, they may try to check your birth certificate. If they determine that it is fake, then you may be in more serious trouble. They can even revoke your GC or naturalization certificate.

This is just a hypothesis. I really do not know why they need it.
Why are you even concerned about how are they going to check the translation? It is their job.

I called KCC today, and the man told me that my file has not yet been transferred to my local field office. does anyone have any idea what to do? (except getting an info pass)
Did they mention if your FO requested the file?

Most of the time the file has not been transferred because the FO did not request the file. I do not think you can do much in this case. You can try an infopass. In the worst case, they will request your file after your interview.

In a few cases, the FO requested the file, but KCC refuses to transfer it. Usually due to a confusion about the number of applicants that are applying for AOS, and the DV fee paid to DHS. This was the case with Newbe this year, and Capeolive last year. You will need to straighten things out with KCC in this case.

I already got my GC but I heard nothing about my EAD though I applied for it as well. I wonder if I'm going to get it one day...

Since you have your interview tomorrow, you may not even have time to use it.
I hope that all four of you who have interviews tomorrow, will come back with good news.

Hi Guys,

Today I received email from USCIS that "Card Production is ordered for I-765 Employment Authorization"

That's a great news for me.

- Although i know it is really unlikely, have you ever heard of a case where the package was submitted in one FO and the interview done in another?QUOTE]

This is really interesting. You dont submit your package to the FO, you submit it with the Chicago Lockbox, which they latter and NBC determines your field office based on your adress, so if you move during the process, you just change your adress and they change the field office. But why would you complicate things so much and move, is it that important as getting your GC?

That is sufficient. I thought you don't have the notarized one. you'll be ok.

@ khayat

thanks for your suggestion. I have submitted a notarized copy of my birth certificate. It was notarized in my country. so is it enough or I have to get one from my embassy.

I called the USCIS today to ask about the case status, no changes, they told me to call on the 28th which would be 60 days from the last action taken, which would be the biometrics on october 28th. This is so frustrating and so disapointing :( especially before the holidays.

Hey guys, you are not gonna believe, so few minutes after I called USCIS to ask about the case status, the mailman came and called to pick up a package I had and I also took the mail, and guess what, there they were our interview letters for January 5th for 10AM and 10.30 AM. I am so happy, we finally got them, at least now I know what we are awaiting for. Thanks God, cause I was getting so worried.
I called the USCIS today to ask about the case status, no changes, they told me to call on the 28th which would be 60 days from the last action taken, which would be the biometrics on october 28th. This is so frustrating and so disapointing :( especially before the holidays.

Congrats! I know how long you've been waiting :)

Hey guys, you are not gonna believe, so few minutes after I called USCIS to ask about the case status, the mailman came and called to pick up a package I had and I also took the mail, and guess what, there they were our interview letters for January 5th for 10AM and 10.30 AM. I am so happy, we finally got them, at least now I know what we are awaiting for. Thanks God, cause I was getting so worried.

Thank you. Yes I have been waiting for it for a while, as I was the first one to do the biometrics , so I expected to get it earlier. Now it's fine, the outcome matters the most.

Congrats! I know how long you've been waiting :)

hi natta, I totally agree with you and understand your fustration. I've had so much disapointment in the past too. However, just a little more patience and you will be just fine, we are almost at the finishing point. I really think the FO is trying to group as much AOS-DV interviews for the same time, just like the NY interviews scheduled for tomorrow. I could be wrong but it's my observation on what goes on at the larger FO's.

I am genuinely very happy for you Natta. See! you got it when you expected it the least. Here you go girl! happy holidays...

R2010,
It does seem like it, but the question is why is it like this?
Is the IO working part time and they just need to fill one full day and bring him/her to work?
Looking at the number of AOS vs. CP, and the various FO thorough the US, there are not that many interviews that need to take place in any place anyhow...
Unless the IO are not knowledgeable and need to receive some special training prior to the "very unique" DV interview....

hi natta, I totally agree with you and understand your fustration. I've had so much disapointment in the past too. However, just a little more patience and you will be just fine, we are almost at the finishing point. I really think the FO is trying to group as much AOS-DV interviews for the same time, just like the NY interviews scheduled for tomorrow. I could be wrong but it's my observation on what goes on at the larger FO's.