• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey feel I poste earlier that the processing time for my field office is 4 months :). I will not make any more info passes as they are useless and they do not tell you anything , just to wait as the case is not out of their processing time, so it is ok. As of right now, I just wait and check the mail day by day and go on with my life, keep myself busy with school and work and internship, really busy schedule :) it takes my mind away from the wait.

You go girl! ;)

Dv Case current.

hie..
My case is current in Feb 2011 which i saw wen January 2011 vb came out. So was just wondering can i send my I485 now or do i send it on 1st of Feb 2011. kind of wanted to know the thing behind sending it some days in advance as i will be going out of country before Feb.
Thnx a lot..!! plss help me out!!

Would you write down your signature at the bottom? This will help us better assist you.
Yes, you can send your package right now and apply for advance parole together with your application. Remember, without AP you cannot leave the country until your case decision is made otherwise your I-485 is considered abandoned. So, it is better you wait until your case is approved.

hie..
My case is current in Feb 2011 which i saw wen January 2011 vb came out. So was just wondering can i send my I485 now or do i send it on 1st of Feb 2011. kind of wanted to know the thing behind sending it some days in advance as i will be going out of country before Feb.
Thnx a lot..!! plss help me out!!

I know my winning notification only from website. I did not receive any letter from KCC. I sent DSP-122 and photographs to KCC more than a month ago. So far, I did not get any response from KCC. I am looking for adjusting status. Can anyone suggest me, what should be done from my part?

11/24/09: dv 2011 entry
07/01/10: winning notification from website
11/03/10: sent DSP-122 and photograph to KCC
11/05/10: DSP-122 and photograph received by KCC

Do you know your case number?
have you called them to confirm your winning?
do you have any email showing your winning?

I know my winning notification only from website. I did not receive any letter from KCC. I sent DSP-122 and photographs to KCC more than a month ago. So far, I did not get any response from KCC. I am looking for adjusting status. Can anyone suggest me, what should be done from my part?

Would you write down your signature at the bottom? This will help us better assist you.
Yes, you can send your package right now and apply for advance parole together with your application. Remember, without AP you cannot leave the country until your case decision is made otherwise your I-485 is considered abandoned. So, it is better you wait until your case is approved.

well my case num is 2011AF000025XXX
and my case will be current in feb 2011. I was wondering when to send my I485 as i m goin to my home country in dec on a valid L1 visa. Do i need an advance parole before that or i can go out of us with my current status of visa. and since i wont be here to apply exactly on feb 1st so can i send my document package now or do i wait for 1st of feb. thnx a lot for your help.

Hi Incog,
like Feel said:
The only way you can leave the country AFTER submitting your i-485 is through Advance Parole (aka travel documents) . You can not leave the country with your old visa. If you do so your green card application will be considered abandoned.

Remember that your advanced parole will not be ready much sooner (if at all) before your green card through DV process (This is an expedited process)

You have two choices, go and come back and then apply, or do the CP in your country and come back with a new immigrant visa.

well my case num is 2011AF000025XXX
and my case will be current in feb 2011. I was wondering when to send my I485 as i m goin to my home country in dec on a valid L1 visa. Do i need an advance parole before that or i can go out of us with my current status of visa. and since i wont be here to apply exactly on feb 1st so can i send my document package now or do i wait for 1st of feb. thnx a lot for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
It can take up to 3 months for your forms to be processed. Call KCC and inquire about your case. Tell them you never got your 1NL through mail. Be polite.

Dear Khayat,

Thanks for your reply. I came to know about my winning by checking my entrants confirmation no. But I did not get any letter from KCC. Therefore, I do not know my case number. I am continuously sending e-mails to KCC. Everytime they are saying:

"The omission of your case number on the forms will not affect the processing of your case. However, for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information of your full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY)."

I also called them. They told me to send DSP-122 and photographs. I did so. But there is no response. I am really confused what is needed to be done from my part?

Thanks. I will try by calling them. Another question: should I send DV fee before receiving any letter from KCC?

It can take up to 3 months for your forms to be processed. Call KCC and inquire about your case. Tell them you never got your 1NL through mail. Be polite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question: Should I send DV fee before receiving any letter from KCC? Thanks in advance.

Hello. My number is eu17900, can I send my stuff on February or I have to wait march vb? I'm not in hurry, but want to get gc asap as everybody else ). Thanks

Hello. My number is eu17900, can I send my stuff on February or I have to wait march vb? I'm not in hurry, but want to get gc asap as everybody else ). Thanks

I think you should send your I-485 package in mid-January to ensure they don't deny it.

Hi Incog,
like Feel said:
The only way you can leave the country AFTER submitting your i-485 is through Advance Parole (aka travel documents) . You can not leave the country with your old visa. If you do so your green card application will be considered abandoned.

Remember that your advanced parole will not be ready much sooner (if at all) before your green card through DV process (This is an expedited process)

You have two choices, go and come back and then apply, or do the CP in your country and come back with a new immigrant visa.

If you have valid H,L,V or K3/K4 Visa in your passport, you can travel while I-485 pedning.

Please see page 9(buttom) of the I-485 instructions.

I would suggest wait until you get 2NL with your case number. Also email and ask KCC for your 1NL when you have your CN, otherwise KCC might not entertain your email. Call KCC tomorrow to see what they say regarding your 1NL....Be polite and explain your situation briefly.

Another question: Should I send DV fee before receiving any letter from KCC? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm currently on F1-OPT status which expires in June 2011. My job will officially end on December 22nd, and I'm returning to school next Spring to begin my master. So my OPT will be ended and a new I-20 will be issued to me sometimes in early January. Would it be okay and safe to send my package next week (with current F1-OPT status) ? Or would it be safer to wait and file when I get my new I-20 and officially back to school.

I'm asking this because at the time of my interview, I will definitely no longer be on OPT (the status mentioned on my application if I file it right now). And I don't want the IO to be puzzled or confused. On the other hand, I do want to send my package next week and include my current employment letter and latest pay slips. Please advise. Thanks.

You're going to be current in March (almost for sure), so wait another month.

For sure. what if your number turns out to be 99xxx ....then your chance is very small and you have high chance to lose the money for nothing,

You could send DV fee before any letters but I suggest you to wait for your letter to know your case number.

Anyone please leave suggestions.