• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

R2010,

Do you know whether we have to have an affidavit of support from someone? Or do you think if we show our bank account that has funds above the poverty line in it? I am graduating in August and I may not be able to find a job till then.

Hi 2011, Is not that you have to have it. But if the IO ask for one and you dont have it, you might run into some problems.. I dont think anyone from this forum who had the interview already was ask for it yet. You SHOULD have for security... Anyone else please feel free to add your two cents on the matter....

We had an infopass apt today to find out the status of our case. It's been 30 days since our biometrics & no sign of an interview letter.
We had called the FBI & were told that our name check was cleared. And KCC had let us know that our case files had already been sent to the FO.

At the appointment, when we informed them that we were waiting on our Green Card from the DV, they told us our files are in the system at the local office. They asked us to be patient while they get to making our appointment.

Here's hoping!

Last edited by a moderator:
In the same boat with you guys :(

We had an infopass apt today to find out the status of our case. It's been 30 days since our biometrics & no sign of an interview letter.
We had called the FBI & were told that our name check was cleared. And KCC had let us know that our case files had already been sent to the FO.

At the appointment, when we informed them that we had finished with our biometrics, and were waiting on our Green Card from the DV, they told us our files are in the system at the local office. They asked us to be patient while they get to making our appointment.

Here's hoping!

this topic has been discussed and beaten to death in this forum and last forums. You are right R2010, it is up to the I/O to ask for it or not.

in the mean time you can submit whatever convincing evident you have with your package to Chicago like: employment letter, bank statement, properties, last W2s, last pay stubs and etc

Hi 2011, Is not that you have to have it. But if the IO ask for one and you dont have it, you might run into some problems.. I dont think anyone from this forum who had the interview already was ask for it yet. You SHOULD have for security... Anyone else please feel free to add your two cents on the matter....

I was following Capeolive from DV2010AOS and he mentioned, couple of times, that we should all have the I-134 with us to the interview but not to send it with the package.
I'm not sure why he was against sending it with the package.
I actually hold different view.
I think that if you can get I-134 from a citizen/PR, it should place a big "Ve" check box in your application. If the I-134 is included, USCIS simply cannot use any financial issue as a reason to reject you. They can't start digging into your taxes, paychecks, etc. It is simply becomes non relevant if you can provide I-134, preferably sent WITH the I-485 package.

Maybe we get lucky and Capeolive would be kind enough to read this and explain to us his exact reasoning behind NOT including it with the package.

Natta:
I think your FO processing time for a I-485 application is 4 months. So you should hear something by the end of the next month. Meantime, make an infopass every other week.

In the same boat with you guys :(

Hey feel I poste earlier that the processing time for my field office is 4 months :). I will not make any more info passes as they are useless and they do not tell you anything , just to wait as the case is not out of their processing time, so it is ok. As of right now, I just wait and check the mail day by day and go on with my life, keep myself busy with school and work and internship, really busy schedule :) it takes my mind away from the wait.

Natta:
I think your FO processing time for a I-485 application is 4 months. So you should hear something by the end of the next month. Meantime, make an infopass every other week.

Visa Bulletin January 2011!

Hello everyone,

Here the Visa Bulletin of January 2011...not to optimistic for Europe which is 17.600 in February...Is only a pacience excerise...but is too far yet. I hope this is not the first year they complete the 50.000 DV!
Good luck to who is still waiting and congratulations to all who already got the GC!

2011EU00021XXX
05/06 - Selection letter received*
08/13 - DS122 and 230 forms sent to KCC
10/21 - AOS Anknowledge Letter from KCC received
11/05 - AOS Fee sent to US DOS ($440x2)
11/16 - AOS Fee Payment Receipt
11/30 - Medical Examination ($175X2)
12/08 - Form I693 received in sealed envelope from Doctor

Visa Bulletin For January 2011

Bad news - I'm not current in February.
Good news - I should be current in March :)

Hope you're current in Feb.
They gave 2,200 for EU in Feb. and this is above average for the last 8 years (the average is 1,700). The number was a way below average in January though (1,800 vs. 2,850).

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't think i'm rasict or anything close to that but....
IF you look at the progression in Africa vs EU or AS, you get to understand that the US wants Africans a lot more than other nationalities.
I wonder why? (Obama?) Again, I'm just saying...
AF is 26,000. added 6000 last month....
On another note, if you look at 2009, you will see that this year 2011 is very similar. So i would expect to see same number through.
Lastly for EU, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a statistics about last year showing the EU received about 30,000 visa from DV 2010...and they were 32000 in july and current in August.
I know that for CP that is fine, but AOS might not make it...

Bad news - I'm not current in February.
Good news - I should be current in March :)

Hope you're current in Feb.
They gave 2,200 for EU in Feb. and this is above average for the last 8 years (the average is 1,700). The number was a way below average in January though (1,800 vs. 2,850).

Good luck.

Guys,
good news. I have just received my welcome letter. Although my on-line status have never chaged, I received the letter today saying that it was approved on the same day.
It feels really good, especially because we have to travel tomorrow!!! I need to make an infopass in the morning to get my passport stamped.
Question to the people filing with wives. Do you get one welcome letter per applicant or only one? I received mine but not my wife's letter.

Congratulations.

Guys,
good news. I have just received my welcome letter. Although my on-line status have never chaged, I received the letter today saying that it was approved on the same day.
It feels really good, especially because we have to travel tomorrow!!! I need to make an infopass in the morning to get my passport stamped.
Question to the people filing with wives. Do you get one welcome letter per applicant or only one? I received mine but not my wife's letter.

Yoni,
If you have it ready, by all means send it with you application! I don't see why it would hurt. I guess what capeolive was saying is that having your employment letter, pay stubs, W2s and etc would give the I/O the understanding that you are a benefit to the society.

I was following Capeolive from DV2010AOS and he mentioned, couple of times, that we should all have the I-134 with us to the interview but not to send it with the package.
I'm not sure why he was against sending it with the package.
I actually hold different view.
I think that if you can get I-134 from a citizen/PR, it should place a big "Ve" check box in your application. If the I-134 is included, USCIS simply cannot use any financial issue as a reason to reject you. They can't start digging into your taxes, paychecks, etc. It is simply becomes non relevant if you can provide I-134, preferably sent WITH the I-485 package.

Maybe we get lucky and Capeolive would be kind enough to read this and explain to us his exact reasoning behind NOT including it with the package.

Congrats! I told you not to worry about this :)
Two separate letters will arrive.

Guys,