• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Seems like you will be current this time. Keep everything ready and post it as soon as the bulleting is out and your number is current . Good luck!

Most probably Friday afternoon. Hope I'll become current.

Last edited by a moderator:
change in last update field

I decided not to bother the FBI or infopass people, but in my portfolio, there has been a change in the last update field for I485. Date has been changed to 12/01. Don't see any other changes, not even in the soft or hard LUD thingies.
Hang in there people, it'll turn out well.

My status did not changed. I am still in acceptance.
I am worried that my KCC filed may have not arrived ( I called them last week and It hadn't been sent yet). They sent it out las Tuesday but I may take more time to get to Chicago.
Is there anything I can do to check if there is anythng missing?

If there had been anything missing in your file, they'd have told you.
Like I said last year it took up to 11 days for some applicants to get CPO. if after 10 days you see no change, then make an infopass. Don't worry too much over this now.

My status did not changed. I am still in acceptance.
I am worried that my KCC filed may have not arrived ( I called them last week and It hadn't been sent yet). They sent it out las Tuesday but I may take more time to get to Chicago.
Is there anything I can do to check if there is anythng missing?

Update: I had my interview yesterday. It was very short (around 10 minutes). The officer asked me basic biographic and standard yes/no questions. I showed him my ID, employment verification letter, official PhD transcript, and the I-20 form, which I had during my PhD studies. The officer told me that he would approve my case in the afternoon if he would be able to get a visa number.

There have been no updates in the online system since the interview.

I did Infopass today, coz it's been 30 days since bio was done.

I was told that case is pending and there was no decision made at NBC and Newark, my FO, is waiting for their decision. Last update on the case was on the day when bio was done I was told to come again in 30 days:)

Plus, officer asked me how come I never notified USCIS about the address change when I move from CA to NJ, while I never lived in CA:)

I have LC appoved and I-140 filed for EB3, may be that could coz the delay.

If decisions are made at NBC, then why do they send our cases to the FO and then FO invites us to the interview.

The process seems to be crazy: KCC-Chicago-NBC-FO, then FO requests your case from KCC, but needs decision made at NBC:)))

My advice to you, do not waste your time for Infopasses, unless it's an emergency.

I also did info-pass today. I called KCC to find out if our file had been requested by the local USCIS but they had not. I was advised to inform them to request for the file. This is why I did info-pass today. I was told that it's the responsibility of KCC to send the file. They confirmed however that our biometrics had cleared. Maybe we just have to be patient, wait and let things fall into place. The process is not very straight-forward. There is too much suspense.

@ lisa

what kind of decision NBC has to make in order to transfer your file to the local filed office. if your biometrics is cleared, then what does remain?

thanks

Hey PSL2R, We were probably at the same place yesterday. I hope to have some update in the system soon. Let me know if you have any news (i'll do the same) in order to know if the delay is something related to our file specifically or to the office.
Tks!

Update: I had my interview yesterday. It was very short (around 10 minutes). The officer asked me basic biographic and standard yes/no questions. I showed him my ID, employment verification letter, official PhD transcript, and the I-20 form, which I had during my PhD studies. The officer told me that he would approve my case in the afternoon if he would be able to get a visa number.

There have been no updates in the online system since the interview.

@ lisa

what kind of decision NBC has to make in order to transfer your file to the local filed office. if your biometrics is cleared, then what does remain?

thanks

This is the question I did not a get an answer to. I told told repeatedly by officer that there is nothing they can do until NBC makes their decision regarding my case.

KCC already sent my file to FO and I told that the officer, which did not interest the officer at all.

Lisa6 you are right about useless of the Inforpass but anyway you at least can figure out where is your documents and it is better to do something than just wait.
I'm waiting more than month already and it starts to drive me nuts.

Lisa6 you are right about useless of the Inforpass but anyway you at least can figure out where is your documents and it is better to do something than just wait.
I'm waiting more than month already and it starts to drive me nuts.

My concern is that my number is in low 8XX and nada:)))

Lets not get crazy, I know for the fact that we will receive something by the end of the year.