• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

guys i never got my 1st notification letter, cuz it was returned back to KCC( that's what i found out) i was notified by email????? so i can print as many copies as i want but i will never have like an actual letter from the KCC(original) you know what i mean??????

guys i never got my 1st notification letter, cuz it was returned back to KCC( that's what i found out) i was notified by email????? so i can print as many copies as i want but i will never have like an actual letter from the KCC(original) you know what i mean??????

I thought notification by email was just a 'myth'... didn't know KCC actually does that (I never had an email notification from them).

Best bet at this point would be to call KCC and request for them to send you the actual letter or something else that shows you won the lottery since the first NL was sent back to them.

Could you share the notification email you received? The content and if there's an attachment with the bar code.. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuscany, any updates?

Haven't seen any updates from you Tuscany.. is everything going accordingly? You mentioned that the biometrics letter was on its way and was supposed to arrive in the mail this week. Have you already done your biometrics? Good luck on your interview next Tuesday!

Did you received a pdf of the letter from KCC?
In that case, printing it on regular paper will make it look just like the original letter that I received back in April. The paper does not have any watermarks or letterhead.So do not sweat it much. They can verify its validity when they compare it against your file that is requested from KCC.

To address the other misinformation, you do not have to send the barcode page to USCIS to be eligible for AOS. That code makes sense for KCC to find your file faster in their computer system. You would send it with the DSP-122 form. But even there is not mandatory, just recommended.

Onebowloflaksa, did you happen to leave a message for Tuscany on the google doc spreadsheet? I just wanted to let whoever did it know that I deleted it, sorry. Let me know if you disagree. The reason I did it is to keep this doc simple to read and it is getting too bulky when every now and then some message pops up. We can discuss and ask things here, in the forum, I believe that is what the forum exists for. The idea of this google doc is simply to provide boiled down information - timeline, FO etc. So let's talk here and keep the doc simple. Thank you!

Haven't seen any updates from you Tuscany.. is everything going accordingly? You mentioned that the biometrics letter was on its way and was supposed to arrive in the mail this week. Have you already done your biometrics? Good luck on your interview next Tuesday!

Hey guys I have a question for whom pass interview already.
Did anyone payed attention, when you came at the interview, to the 1st Notification Letter that we all must bring with us?
I'm asking because I just fond out that my attorney sent me back a COPY of that document and not the ORIGINAL. So I don't know where is my ORIGINAL notification.
I have the scan of it and can print it as many copies as I want. But we all know that we were asked to bring original one at the Interview.

This letter is black and white and copy of the docs will look like an original.

Thanks guys for answering. I emailed to my attorney and everything became clear. I assumed that I have a copy because of strange marks on the side of the letter and I don't have that marks on the scan of that letter, but attorney described me that this marks were made on my original when it was returned from Chicago (my attorney sent my package to Chicago at June by her mistake).
So I'm OK with it right now.

Dear all,

I have a question about the interview letter. how can I find out if an interview letter has been sent to me. I called KCC and USCIS, but both of them did not know anything. I have two problems. first there was a typo error on my address line (APT #) which I fixed it later but I'm afraid that they might have sent the letter to the previous wrong address. second I do not know exactly where my FO is. the woman at USCIS told me it's San Antonio (she said I'm using office locator by zip code). Now, if i get an info pass from San Antonio, can they answer my question?

thanks

Very interesting, I would have sugested you to do an infopass, but you don't know where your field office is. What about the place where you did your biometrics? Is it only an application support center (ASC), because in some cases the ASC is located in a field office like it is in my case. So try and find out that, because if they did send you an interview letter, they might be able to tell you.
P.S. You should have changed your adress right away with the USCIS when you realized that it is the wrong appartment number, why did you wait so long.

Dear all,

I have a question about the interview letter. how can I find out if an interview letter has been sent to me. I called KCC and USCIS, but both of them did not know anything. I have two problems. first there was a typo error on my address line (APT #) which I fixed it later but I'm afraid that they might have sent the letter to the previous wrong address. second I do not know exactly where my FO is. the woman at USCIS told me it's San Antonio (she said I'm using office locator by zip code). Now, if i get an info pass from San Antonio, can they answer my question?

thanks

@ Natta

thanks. the place that I did biometrics is not an FO. I requested for the correction of the address and I got a letter that the correction is made. but after my Biometrics I noticed two LUD on my account on Nov 8 and Nov. 10. one of them is for my correction of address however the other one I GUESS might be for interview letter because there is no other thing that might change my account. (FBI check has been cleared on my Biometrics day). the correction letter that I got is issued on Nov 10. so I'm afraid that on Nov. 8 they might have issued an interview letter based on my previous wrong address.
very complicated :). the worst thing is that they will issue the interview letter only once and if you do not show up, they might close your case and there will be a long delay to reopen and ask for another interview date.
other problem, my case has not yet been requested from KCC.
now my question is that if I get an info pass, can the officer tell me if his office has sent me an interview letter or not?
and can I track somehow via USPS to find my "interview letter"?

thanks a bunch

@js7,

Can you please explain the reason of your confusion concerning your FO?

Wikipedia says Austin belongs to the counties of Travis, Williamson and Hays. All of these counties are serviced by the San Antonio FO according to the below link. Btw, it is the only one in TX that service any of them (i checked really quick but you can double check that)

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?a...tor.office_type=LO&OfficeLocator.statecode=TX

Not sure if i missed something.

If you live in Austin I beleive your FO is in San Antonio, TX. Make an infopass and they would be able to tell you whats going on and if the letter has been issued to you. Good luck! Do not panic.

@ Natta

thanks. the place that I did biometrics is not an FO. I requested for the correction of the address and I got a letter that the correction is made. but after my Biometrics I noticed two LUD on my account on Nov 8 and Nov. 10. one of them is for my correction of address however the other one I GUESS might be for interview letter because there is no other thing that might change my account. (FBI check has been cleared on my Biometrics day). the correction letter that I got is issued on Nov 10. so I'm afraid that on Nov. 8 they might have issued an interview letter based on my previous wrong address.
very complicated :). the worst thing is that they will issue the interview letter only once and if you do not show up, they might close your case and there will be a long delay to reopen and ask for another interview date.
now my question is that if I get an info pass, can the officer tell me if his office has sent me an interview letter or not?

thanks a bunch

here is my thoughts on this and remember we all only have thoughts. You gotta decide yourself.

I never heard of any LUD change upon interview issuance. People who have got interview letter never mentioned any changes. As a matter of fact the status is relatively useless for DV cases. It is more or less only usefull in FBS or EB in which the process takes years to complete.

Anyways, if I were you and had doubts, I would first go to the closest FO and ask them if anything has been issued or sent to you. This also can be done by calling them, they have everything that is sent out in the records.
when you go to the closest (or the FO that you think is morelikely to be yours) also ask them if you case is being processed there.

I totally understand your concern and can sympathize, missing an interview is a price we can not afford.

hope this helped. cheers and good luck and let us know what happens.

@ Natta

thanks a bunch

I agree, let's keep the file for info only. and I like the references to the pages in it, if anybody needs more info they are referred to the corresponding page. Thanks for keeping the file safe.

Onebowloflaksa, did you happen to leave a message for Tuscany on the google doc spreadsheet? I just wanted to let whoever did it know that I deleted it, sorry. Let me know if you disagree. The reason I did it is to keep this doc simple to read and it is getting too bulky when every now and then some message pops up. We can discuss and ask things here, in the forum, I believe that is what the forum exists for. The idea of this google doc is simply to provide boiled down information - timeline, FO etc. So let's talk here and keep the doc simple. Thank you!

JS7, so I agree with the comments above. How many field offices do you have around? Just go an check them all, if you are not sure which one your case is being processed at. This is once in a life opportunity and you can not make any wrong steps. But there might also be a way that the interview was not sent yet. I didn my biometrics on 10/28 and did an infopass and no interview was scheduled yet. Why do you think that yours was sent already?

Maybe we should have moved to one of the big cities before submitting the I-485 :)
NY, LA and Chicago cases are looking good with regard to the interview dates.
Btw, thanks to Izzy's instructions I called the fbi customer service and was informed that my fingerprint results were sent back to the USCIS on the same day.. (phew).

JS7, so I agree with the comments above. How many field offices do you have around? Just go an check them all, if you are not sure which one your case is being processed at. This is once in a life opportunity and you can not make any wrong steps. But there might also be a way that the interview was not sent yet. I didn my biometrics on 10/28 and did an infopass and no interview was scheduled yet. Why do you think that yours was sent already?

thanks

Austin is in the "service area" of Houston FO. I did not know the information you mentioned. so may be San Antonio is also ok.

@js7,

Can you please explain the reason of your confusion concerning your FO?

Wikipedia says Austin belongs to the counties of Travis, Williamson and Hays. All of these counties are serviced by the San Antonio FO according to the below link. Btw, it is the only one in TX that service any of them (i checked really quick but you can double check that)

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?a...tor.office_type=LO&OfficeLocator.statecode=TX

Not sure if i missed something.

I am sorry if I was not clear. You can not call ( for most of the parts) the FO directly. What I meant was calling the 800 number. seems like you already did so, there is a good chance if you had a letter sent to you, they would have told you so. Again your ultimate peace of mind would be a visit to FO. But again I doubt that the LUD was interview letter. What does the LUD say?

@ khayat,

thanks for your response. do you how can I find the FO number to call them?