• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I have a specific date and hour for Biopass for 23th November. Do I need do an additional Infopass appoitment??

Generally how long does it take to get a Clearance for Biometric? Perhaps, I'd do your suggestion about going there between 12-26th Nov

I meant a date and time for the interview.. not the biometrics appointment. Is there a time on the interview letter?

I have a specific date and hour for Biopass for 23th November. Do I need do an additional Infopass appoitment??

Generally how long does it take to get a Clearance for Biometric? Perhaps, I'd do your suggestion about going there between 12-26th Nov

It can be as quick as the same day you do the biometrics! or if you have a common name or some kinda record in the past then maybe longer... I suggested INFOPASS only if there is no time mentioned in the interview letter (since you didn't say what time.. you'd only mentioned the name of the person)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tips before you go for biometrics and your interview (meaning you already got an interview letter)

A few key points to everyone who are going to do their biometrics or who have already done so:

1. After the officer at the ASC completes your biometrics, you can try to politely ask him/her to confirm if your biometrics data has already been sent to FBI and USCIS. I did just that shortly after I was done with everything and the lady went into the computer system and told me it was cleared and already sent back to USCIS.... i still called the FBI number the next day to confirm if it did.
  2. Remember to follow up with the FBI to see if your name check has been cleared before the interview (details posted by Izzy120 on p72). (Tip: When calling the FBI, remember to tell them it's for a green card and give your Alien number found on your I-485 receipt)
  3. Remember to call KCC and also make an INFOPASS at your local office to see if your DV file has been requested and received at the office before your interview. (This caused delays for some DV winner last year because their file was not present during the interview, DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU)

DISCLAIMER: Since everyone is adults here... I'm assuming we all know to NOT overly contact USCIS, FBI or KCC (I added this sentence in case anyone get the wrong idea that I'm encouraging winners to make constant calls, which i am not, I just wanted to share with everyone that they have the OPTION to check on their status or file before the day of their interview)

Baobab, that is funny and neet how you have your signature "greener and greener" =))) GREEN card is on the way!

Thanks vezuha. That was the idea I wanted to imply.
All of us in this thread will get the card in the end. Only the timelines are going to vary.

Uh, nice. Mine is too early though! 7.30AM, federal plaza, it is!

Yo!!!!!
it is a miracle!!!!
Yep, Federal Plaza at 10:30am but i ll be there early. I hope we can all meet there!!!
I will detail the attached letter tomorow for sure.
Best of luck to all of us!!

A few key points to everyone who are going to do their biometrics or who have already done so:

1. Remember to call KCC and also make an INFOPASS at your local office to see if your DV file has been requested and received at the office before your interview. (This caused delays for some DV winner last year because their file was not present during the interview, DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU)

What are you going to do if your file was not requested by local office - make them to request it??? There is nothing you can during during the infopass, but just ask.

We are harassing FBI, KCC, local USCIS, when we just filed all the papers 1 MONTH ago.

You are right Lisa, that what they told me at my local USCIS office, that the application was filed recently and people wait for months if not years for their application to be processed, so we just have to wait, there is nothing to worry about though, it is only the begining of the fiscal year, so we still have 10 months ahead of us. I kind of start to understand that now and don't rush to check my mail every day, whenever it will come, the end result is what matters.

What are you going to do if your file was not requested by local office - make them to request it??? There is nothing you can during during the infopass, but just ask.

We are harassing FBI, KCC, local USCIS, when we just filed all the papers 1 MONTH ago.

Ermm... that's why I included the phrase "BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW" (i.e. the person has already received an interview letter)... My intention was not to harass FBI, KCC, USCIS but rather make sure things are in place BEFORE THE INTERVIEW

If the file is not there... then too bad.. I don't believe I recommended or suggested to force the officer to request for the file. I'm just reminding everyone to check, no harm in checking BEFORE THE INTERVIEW right?

Think I better edit the subject of my previous post...

Hello Everyone,

I got a letter from KCC stating that I could now file an adjustment of status with the USCIS. But it also indicates that I need to make a payment to the Department of State. After researching, I believe the amount is $440 payable to the Department of State. What other form should I send out along with the paper sent to me from KCC?

Also, the bigger question I have is that I am currently on H1B status. My number just got current. I overheard from someone that I would need to send I-140 but I am confused as to why and to whom? Does anyone know? I thought the only things I need to file is I-485 along with the many other items requested by the USCIS.

I am so confused as to what my next step should be. Could someone please guide me through this? Thank you.

I suggest you read thi thread from the begining and you will find answers to all ur questions as everything was discussed in details.

Hello Everyone,

I got a letter from KCC stating that I could now file an adjustment of status with the USCIS. But it also indicates that I need to make a payment to the Department of State. After researching, I believe the amount is $440 payable to the Department of State. What other form should I send out along with the paper sent to me from KCC?

Also, the bigger question I have is that I am currently on H1B status. My number just got current. I overheard from someone that I would need to send I-140 but I am confused as to why and to whom? Does anyone know? I thought the only things I need to file is I-485 along with the many other items requested by the USCIS.

I am so confused as to what my next step should be. Could someone please guide me through this? Thank you.

I got my BIOmetrics appointment at last !

Indeed I got 3 Letters

1. Referral for FD 258 Fingerprints: Fingerprints& Biometrics for ICMS, CODE 3 between 12-26 Nov. What does it mean CODE 3??

2. ASC Application Support Center Appointment Notice to have Biometrics Taken for 23 Nov. Why I have an appointment like that, different from item 1( Fingerprint&Biometrics appointment)?

AND

3rd Lettler : It is an appointment for "COMPLETION FOR AoS- DV CASE" @ 29 November with M. Vasquez

Is it an interview or what????

Hi,
maybe interview letters type vary and there might not be just "one style" of interview letter.
mine says:
USCIS
A file number
"office location......federal plaza
date and hour.... thursday december 16 @ 10:30am
ask for.....Immigration Service Officer
Reason for appointment.....Adjustment of status
Bring with you.... see attached"
signed by adra quaratillo, district director.

so mine does not say "COMPLETION FOR AoS- DV CASE" and who i am meeting with.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I was asked by IO to bring 9 docs for my interview but I have questions about 3 of them:

1) Document number 3 says: "If you have ever been arrested, provide the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL,certified Final Court Deposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, provide an ORIGINAL court certified letter stating so."

Question on this:

Where can I get ORIGINAL court certified letter that states that I have never been arrested? Police station or....?

I just requested an infopass to ask about this matter. I will be at the USCIS, NY on december 1. Let s be 100% positive we can ignore it. I will tell you what they say

Yo!!!

fellas, here is my attached letter detailed below (the interview letter comes with an attached letter that states the list of documents you should bring at your interview). Mine is a bit different from Dalerpulatov's.
*In fact, they don't ask for my W2 or employment proof because i sent one lastest year pay stubs, 2 years W2 along with my package on October 1.
*Also, they do not ask me to fill the affidavit of support form. I already did and sent it along with my package. So regarding this matter, they ask me a copy of my sponsor's birth certificate. Maybe applicants who are asked for filling the affidavit of support form should go to the interview with a copy of their sponsor's birth certificate. just in case to be even more prepared to anything they might ask at the very last minute.

attached letter:
1) Furnish the ORIGINAL receipt of the paid required fee of $440 to the Department of State.
2) Furnish an ORIGINAL certified copy of your birth, marriage and divorce certificate(s) if applicable.
3) If you have ever been arrested, provide the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL,certified Final Court Deposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, provide an ORIGINAL court certified letter stating so.
4) Provide the ORIGINAL award letter from the Department of State, Kentucky Consular Center.
5) Furnish proof of eligibility for Section 245(i)(properly filed and accepted I-130/I-140 or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001 and proof of physical presence in the United States on December 21, 2000)(if applicable).
6) Furnish the following ORIGINALS to complete the eligibility requirements for your 2010 Diversity Lottery Application:

a. Proof that you have a high school diploma equivalent to a 12th year education in the US.
-or-
b. A qualifying job that you have performed, two of the last five years, that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. (online.onetcenter.org will help you determine if your job qualifies. Your job must be a SVP 7 or higher)

7) Furnish proof of sponsor listed on your I-134 status. If they are a permanent resident or citizen, a copy of their birth certificate, naturalization certificate or permanent resident card must be submitted.

8) Furnish proof of maintaining continuous legal status in the US.

Best of luck to all of us!!!!

Wow, in my letter, there are no lists of documents like that. It is one page and like as follows:

Office location : DHS/USCIS Field Office . xxx plaza, santa ana...
Date, time : 29 Nov, @ 07.40 Am
Ask for : ISO S. Vasaz
Reason For Appointment : Completion of Aos - DV Case
Bring with you : The letter, spouse/children, passport, CA-DL or ID, proof of DV receipt, proof of legal entry, original birth c., diploma or experience

Yo!!!

fellas, here is my attached letter detailed below (the interview letter comes with an attached letter that states the list of documents you should bring at your interview). Mine is a bit different from Dalerpulatov's.
*In fact, they don't ask for my W2 or employment proof because i sent one lastest year pay stubs, 2 years W2 along with my package on October 1.
*Also, they do not ask me to fill the affidavit of support form. I already did and sent it along with my package. So regarding this matter, they ask me a copy of my sponsor's birth certificate. Maybe applicants who are asked for filling the affidavit of support form should go to the interview with a copy of their sponsor's birth certificate. just in case to be even more prepared to anything they might ask at the very last minute.

attached letter:
1) Furnish the ORIGINAL receipt of the paid required fee of $440 to the Department of State.
2) Furnish an ORIGINAL certified copy of your birth, marriage and divorce certificate(s) if applicable.
3) If you have ever been arrested, provide the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL,certified Final Court Deposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been dismissed or expunged. If no court record is available, provide an ORIGINAL court certified letter stating so.
4) Provide the ORIGINAL award letter from the Department of State, Kentucky Consular Center.
5) Furnish proof of eligibility for Section 245(i)(properly filed and accepted I-130/I-140 or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001 and proof of physical presence in the United States on December 21, 2000)(if applicable).
6) Furnish the following ORIGINALS to complete the eligibility requirements for your 2010 Diversity Lottery Application:

a. Proof that you have a high school diploma equivalent to a 12th year education in the US.
-or-
b. A qualifying job that you have performed, two of the last five years, that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. (online.onetcenter.org will help you determine if your job qualifies. Your job must be a SVP 7 or higher)

7) Furnish proof of sponsor listed on your I-134 status. If they are a permanent resident or citizen, a copy of their birth certificate, naturalization certificate or permanent resident card must be submitted.

8) Furnish proof of maintaining continuous legal status in the US.

Best of luck to all of us!!!!

Wow, in my letter, there are no lists of documents like that. It is one page and like as follows:

Bring with you : The letter, spouse/children, passport, CA-DL or ID, proof of DV receipt, proof of legal entry, original birth c., diploma or experience

well, then you are lucky :)

then It is all good!!!!
each case must be really individual, there is no one type letter