• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I just checked 2010 thread. The earliest biometrics they got was october 25, but the majority got it in November 1xs. I hope this year Immigration is gonna be faster

Does anyone also happen to know based on the 2010 thread what the time line is between the biometrics appointment to the interview appointment date?

personhuang,

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Yes, that is true, there was at least one person I know whose package was delivered a day earlier (i.e., sept 30) and was returned/rejected. It is true that USCIS won't do anything if it is within normal processing times i.e., within 30 days since applying. I guess the only thing to do is to wait until you get one of the following 1. NOAs or 2. Your package back with rejection notice. You can still try calling USCIS daily but I assure you they won't be of much help...

I always advise people to be careful and apply only on the day they are current (i.e., have packages in lockbox on Oct 1 only) even if you have to pay a little extra to make sure the package is delivered ON TIME and to always keep a paper trail of things... Its unpredictable with USPS (sometimes they are fast, sometimes they are slow, and sometimes they lose stuff, trust me this has happened to me...they've lost my mail with all the personal info...sigh). I'm not sure if you used USPS...anyway, I hope everything works out fine for you. Please add your case info in your signature by going to FORUM ACTIONS>EDIT PROFILE>EDIT SIGNATURE....

Help! Hi! I am a F1 student. I filed my I-485 and arrived at Sep. 30, earlier than the estimated day 10/1. Till now, I haven't receive text and email notification about application acceptance. I use money order. Therefore, I don't know the money is cashed or not. I found, last year, there are some people have their applications returned, because their packages arrive a day earlier. (I don't receive the returned package either). Can any one tell me what to do? I called USCIS last week. They told me to wait and call back after 30 days if I haven't receive anything. Kind of anxious... Good luck to everyone.
2011AS000003XXX.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry Izzy, I actually new you are a girl, I dont know why I put his. Im also a girl. Very happy you and psl2r got your appointments. Psl2r what is your date?

onebowloflaksa,

The interview appointments will depend on local FOs...I've seen some have received it within days of getting biometrics notice (some even before) to few weeks...

Does anyone also happen to know based on the 2010 thread what the time line is between the biometrics appointment to the interview appointment date?

whose FO in Baltimore, MD? I saw one guy on 2010 forum from the same office. he didnt have any problems getting his GG, I'm gonna check how quick the office was with the interview schedule after biometrics is done

I dont know if it is relevant to DV winners but processing times in Baltimore for I-485 is April 2010. If it's so it's gonna be a long wait

From What I know regarding this issue, we have nothing to do with the regular processing dates for the I-485, ours are processed faster than the regular familly based or labor based I-485.

I dont know if it is relevant to DV winners but processing times in Baltimore for I-485 is April 2010. If it's so it's gonna be a long wait

That is correct :) These processing dates are for regular EB and FB applications. Ours are expedited.

From What I know regarding this issue, we have nothing to do with the regular processing dates for the I-485, ours are processed faster than the regular familly based or labor based I-485.

Поздравляю всех русскоязычных с возможностью получить грин карту! Ура!!!!

Hey antin, where are you from, I also speak russian, even though its like my third language :) after roumanian and english :) jelaiu udaci