• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Help! Hi! I am a F1 student. I filed my I-485 and arrived at Sep. 30, earlier than the estimated day 10/1. Till now, I haven't receive text and email notification about application acceptance. I use money order. Therefore, I don't know the money is cashed or not. I found, last year, there are some people have their applications returned, because their packages arrive a day earlier. (I don't receive the returned package either). Can any one tell me what to do? I called USCIS last week. They told me to wait and call back after 30 days if I haven't receive anything. Kind of anxious... Good luck to everyone.
2011AS000003XXX.

Hey guys .. quick help.

I applied and my i-485 was sent back because it reached there before Oct 1.

My case no. is AS00037xxx

Do you know if I can resend the same application or need to reprint the application and resend.

Do i need to mention that it was returned due to early arrival?

Thanks in advance. PM and i can provide more info. Do i need to wait for anything to become current?

Wait until your CN becomes current in the VB. You shouldn't send your packet until then. Probably 50 days in advance.

Hey guys .. quick help.

Do you know if I can resend the same application or need to reprint the application and resend.

Thanks in advance. PM and i can provide more info. Do i need to wait for anything to become current?

Last edited by a moderator:
your case number is not current yet. you must wait until your number becomes current (take a look at visa bulletin).

Hey guys .. quick help.

Thank you guys. So i am looking at the visa bulletin and it says 11,600 for Dec 2010. So, I have to wait until Asia reaches 37,000. So just for scenario, if it becomes available in June 2011, I can apply in May 2011? Is that right? I have to apply between Oct 2010 and Sept 30, 2011 ?

Also, now that its been rejected once, do i have to mention that it was rejected when I am refiling?

Congrats Izzy, I was thinking about this today, that you would be one of the first ones to receive the biometrics nottice. Hope to get one this week as well. What date is it for? Oh, man your office is really moving fast from what I've read from previous years and from the fact that you are the first one to receive the biometrics nottice this year. Good luck and congrats again. Where is mine ??? :(
Update: Biometrics notice received today, notice was dated 10/14, rest of us should get it soon. Good Luck!

Btw, did anyone's I-485 status on-line changed to "Initial Review" already? Mine is currently showing up in the "Acceptance" stage, just wondering how long it will take before it updates to "Initial Review"

Last time, when Izzy got his NOAs, I got mine the next day after he did. So, hope to get biometrics soon too. Though Baltimore office isnt that fast. Do you know if they send us NOAs from local office already or Chicago?
04/30 1NL
07/20 2 NL
10/08 check cashed
10/10 NOAs

I just checked 2010 thread. The earliest biometrics they got was october 25, but the majority got it in November 1xs. I hope this year Immigration is gonna be faster

Actually there is one applicant that received it on the 16th of october, gatorchess, I have his timeline here from the 2010 thread :
upd - biometrics received
May 09: NL1
May 09: Sent forms (DSP122 & DS230) to KCC
Jun 09: Sent $375 AOS DV fee to DoS
Jun 09: DoS receipt rcvd for AOS DV fee
Jul 09: NL2
Aug 09: Medical exam done
9/30/09: AOS package mailed
10/1/09: CN 2010 EU3xxx current
10/13/09: NOA
10/16/09: Biometrics app for 10/30 (done)
11/23/09: AP and EAD rcvd
11/25/09: Interview letter for Dec 7
12/07/09: Interview - CPO
12/14/09: GC rcvd
I just checked 2010 thread. The earliest biometrics they got was october 25, but the majority got it in November 1xs. I hope this year Immigration is gonna be faster

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone help me with my questions? Thank you very much
Help! Hi! I am a F1 student. I filed my I-485 and arrived at Sep. 30, earlier than the estimated day 10/1. Till now, I haven't receive text and email notification about application acceptance. I use money order. Therefore, I don't know the money is cashed or not. I found, last year, there are some people have their applications returned, because their packages arrive a day earlier. (I don't receive the returned package either). Can any one tell me what to do? I called USCIS last week. They told me to wait and call back after 30 days if I haven't receive anything. Kind of anxious... Good luck to everyone.
2011AS000003XXX.

Sorry folks, I wasn't deliberately trying to be out of touch, my computer kept crashing on me and I had to use my phone to update you guys...

Anyway, thanks you guys...

onebowloflaksa, Tuscany, natta, antin...it is scheduled for 11/04.

Natta,

Biometrics notice come from NBC and not the field office. The interview appointment is the one that is mailed from the field office, so you and others should receive your biometrics notice soon too. And I hope the same is true for JAX FO this year...fingers crossed. And, btw, my online status did not change before getting biometrics, its still stuck on what it was the first day...

.....Oh, man your office is really moving fast from what I've read from previous years and from the fact that you are the first one to receive the biometrics nottice this year. Good luck and congrats again. Where is mine ??? :(

onebowloflaksa,

I wouldn't depend too much on the online status, the folks I spoke to from last year said that theirs remained on "Acceptance" the whole time until after interview when it changed to PDA...

Btw, did anyone's I-485 status on-line changed to "Initial Review" already? Mine is currently showing up in the "Acceptance" stage, just wondering how long it will take before it updates to "Initial Review"

antin,

I'm a she a gal ;) Good luck to you! PS: NOAs come from lockbox, biometrics notice comes from NBC, Interview letter comes from local FO.

Last time, when Izzy got his NOAs, I got mine the next day after he did. So, hope to get biometrics soon too. Though Baltimore office isnt that fast. Do you know if they send us NOAs from local office already or Chicago?
04/30 1NL
07/20 2 NL
10/08 check cashed
10/10 NOAs

So I hope we get a wave of biometrics this week, it also depends of the field office how busy they are. Good luck everyone who are still waiting on their NOAs and the ones who are already waiting for the biometrics nottice.

Cool Izzy. Thanks for the updates, I did not know that the biometricc notice comes from NBC. Wow, what a long way our application has to "travel": Lockbox - NBC - FO and they have to receive the forms from KCC as well from what I read from last years posts.
Izzy 11/4 is right behind the corner, time will fly quickly once you have a date cheduled. :)

Received the biometrics letter.

Guys, prepare your fingers :) You should get your biometrics letter in a couple of days.

Congrats psl2r, you and Izzy are the leaders at getting the updates earlier than everyone else this year. when is ur biometrics schedulled for?
BTW I heard that the picture they take during the biometrics is the one used latter for the card, So guys make ur self pretty/handsome for the picture :)
Received the biometrics letter.

Guys, prepare your fingers :) You should get your biometrics letter in a couple of days.