• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Wow! I hope you fired their *** before they could say "paycheck"

This is a long term story. It begun 2 years ago when I just arrived in USA and asked the company's lower to take care about my employment based GC. They asked for Flat Legal Fee in 4k. I payed that amount of money for them. But as far as we are startup company they sad that we have to wait until we reach our break even.
They did nothing until I got 1st NL for DV2011. But after some time (they sent not in time my package and I've got 2 or 3 consultation) when I asked for refund they sad that my money gone and they will help me until sending my package to Chicago.
As you can see I had no choice but just take from that as much as I can. But as far as I worked with them I understood that they had no experience with DV cases ( but they were keeping to say 'we are the biggest professionals in immigration questions')
I hope that my bad experience will prevent the new DV lottery winners from wasting their money for lowers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the acceptance notification

Hi guys...

Just got the 'application received' notification via text and email (phew..) :)

CN - 2011AS00006*** (current in Oct)

Oct-6th - Mailed I-485 packet to Chicago via UPS.
Oct-7th - Delivered (signed for by CHIBA).
Oct-18th - Email and text notification.

Waiting for I-797 in the mail and check to be cashed.

We need to have a party once this is all done...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply. Mainly NoA for AOS should be sent en prior but they did not..waiting...

Congratulations! You should receive NoAs for all three applications (AOS, EAD, and AP). But don't worry probably you'll get NoA for AOS in a couple of days. Good luck!

Yes you do, usually the last one is sufficient but it would not hurt to send a copy of all.

Good luck my friend and welcome to the family ;)

Hi guys,

Is it necessary to mail copies of form I-20 with the AOS package? I've had like 6 of these, each 4 pages and I'm thinking of not including it.

Thanks for your replies.

Parviz,

Unfortunately this is not true for everybody. There are 5 countries that are exempt from this rule. If you are from one of them, then you can not visit Canada and Mexico without getting a new Visa if your Visa is expired.

Be careful about this.
Parviz,
With a F-1 student visa, you can visit Canada and Mexico for a maximum 30 days without any problem whatsoever. I went and came back, no problem at all. If you need further details PM me and I will provide you info required.

Hey guys, Tucany, parviz and Khayat, I never heard anything about this rule, I am from Moldova ( Europe, not part of the EU) and been living in the US since August 2006 and I have other friends on F1 visa, but never heard that we can travel to Canada and Mexico without getting a Visa, or maybe my country is one of the 5 countries that you guys mentioned that are exempt from this rule.
Parviz,

Unfortunately this is not true for everybody. There are 5 countries that are exempt from this rule. If you are from one of them, then you can not visit Canada and Mexico without getting a new Visa if your Visa is expired.

Be careful about this.

Most probably no.

If you do not have a complete application with the basic requirements of eligibility, they will return your package with a notice of rejection and why it was rejected. You get the acceptance when your file is sent to NBC for further processing where they will check for more details like background, security, more detail evaluation of your forms and etc.
If you read over the DV2010, there are some cases of rejection with returned package for incomplete filing, early filing or etc.

I am sure you will be fine. Do not worry and we are all together here as a family to help each other. Keep us posted.

Not everybody. :)
I am curious, if they reject an application will they send the acceptance message anyway? As I understood the procedure they first accept an application and after that look through it. This means that the acceptance message must be sent in any case. Correct me if I am wrong.
Another question. Did anyone have his or her package signed by S.Bush at the time of delivery? I have not seen this name before.

This is an old rule and those 5 countries got exempt after 9 eleven and you are not one of them. For mexico and canada if you have a valid I-20 you'll have it signed by ISO and you can return without getting a new visa.

Hey guys, Tucany, parviz and Khayat, I never heard anything about this rule, I am from Moldova ( Europe, not part of the EU) and been living in the US since August 2006 and I have other friends on F1 visa, but never heard that we can travel to Canada and Mexico without getting a Visa, or maybe my country is one of the 5 countries that you guys mentioned that are exempt from this rule.

I just realized that I got 3 text msgs (and emails) with 3 different receipt numbers... Could this be for the I-485, I-765 and I-131... I'm a little confused. Did the others who applied for all 3 also get 3 receipt numbers?

Thanks! This forum is super helpful.

Hi guys...

Just got the 'application received' notification via text and email (phew..) :)

CN - 2011AS00006*** (current in Oct)

Oct-6th - Mailed I-485 packet to Chicago via UPS.
Oct-7th - Delivered (signed for by CHIBA).
Oct-18th - Email and text notification.

Waiting for I-797 in the mail and check to be cashed.

We need to have a party once this is all done...

So are we talking about the visa for US or about the visa for Canada and Mexico. Because I have a valid multi entry visa for US valid till May 2011, so I am all set with the US visa, I was aking about the Mexico and Canda visa. It is kind of annoying that I live at the border with Canada and nvere visit the country in 4 years.

This is an old rule and those 5 countries got exempt after 9 eleven and you are not one of them. For mexico and canada if you have a valid I-20 you'll have it signed by ISO and you can return without getting a new visa.

Yes, indeed. Don't be surprised :)

I just realized that I got 3 text msgs (and emails) with 3 different receipt numbers... Could this be for the I-485, I-765 and I-131... I'm a little confused. Did the others who applied for all 3 also get 3 receipt numbers?

SSJ1, ye you get a separate receipt number for all your applications. I, myself only filed the I-485 and got only one receipt, but we applied for I-765 and I-131 for my husband and got the receipt number for those as well. If you try to check on the USCIS.gov website, it doe not work for few days after acceptance, it might take a few days for them to put the info in their system for it to be available for you to check the status of your applications.

Thanks Natta!

SSJ1, ye you get a separate receipt number for all your applications. I, myself only filed the I-485 and got only one receipt, but we applied for I-765 and I-131 for my husband and got the receipt number for those as well. If you try to check on the USCIS.gov website, it doe not work for few days after acceptance, it might take a few days for them to put the info in their system for it to be available for you to check the status of your applications.

That is correct and you are welcome

Talking about US visa.

So are we talking about the visa for US or about the visa for Canada and Mexico. Because I have a valid multi entry visa for US valid till May 2011, so I am all set with the US visa, I was aking about the Mexico and Canda visa. It is kind of annoying that I live at the border with Canada and nvere visit the country in 4 years.

Hey Guys, where is Izzy, this forum is not the same without her. She might probably be organizing another list for us :)