• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

goodfellas,

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I would suggest you to read this thread and 2010 AOS only from the beginning coz you will get lot of valuable information here.

Question 2 on I-485, your answer would be "h"..diversity visa lottery winner.

Your response is much appreciated. I'll read through as much of the posts as I can :)

still no Notice of Action, :(

Don't worry, you will definetly get the NOA on monday or tuesday for sure, it took me few days after the acceptance to get the NOAs.
I know this is really frustrating as well, but hang on, everything will be over soon

Don't worry, you will definetly get the NOA on monday or tuesday for sure, it took me few days after the acceptance to get the NOAs.
I know this is really frustrating as well, but hang on, everything will be over soon

Thank you for keeping me up, indeed waiting and being patient is difficult.

Hope everyone (at least most/those with NOA) are making arrangements to clear their schedule for the week of Monday 25th - Friday 29th October; some of you would have fingerprint appointments that week. Just being positive and hoping for the best.

still no Notice of Action, :(

I think based on your signature, you will get it on Monday.
I got the acceptance on the 12th and today I got the NoA.
I also compared it with Izzy's signature and it matches ^^
Just be patient and it will arrive before you know it :)

It's difficult to be patient but trying :)

Yeah.. I got a feeling those who got their AOS package accepted on Oct 4th will get their NOA on Monday too. :)

It's interesting how submitting it 1 business day later (Oct 4) resulted in almost a week delay with the NOA (as compared to Oct 1 acceptance).. somethg the DV2012 winners may want to take note of.

Hey guys I've got my NoA today by mail. I hope that everybody who sent their applications on 1 Oct will get it today too.

Congrats luganksman

I received my NoA's as well for Employment Authorization + Travel Permisson !!

Is not normal that I did not receive any NoA for my main i-485 form??

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my NoA's as well for Employment Authorization + Travel Permisson !!

Is not normal that I did not receive any NoA for my main i-485 form??

Congratulations! You should receive NoAs for all three applications (AOS, EAD, and AP). But don't worry probably you'll get NoA for AOS in a couple of days. Good luck!

New week starts tommorow, hope we can hear something regarding the biometrics. I posted this question before, couple days ago, but no one answered. So before we get a biometrics notice, does the status online change, or nothing changes and we just get the notice in the mail. Just want to know what to expect. Good luck everyone. Hope everyone gets their NOAs this week.

Hey guys I've got my NoA today by mail. I hope that everybody who sent their applications on 1 Oct will get it today too.
Not everybody. :)
I am curious, if they reject an application will they send the acceptance message anyway? As I understood the procedure they first accept an application and after that look through it. This means that the acceptance message must be sent in any case. Correct me if I am wrong.
Another question. Did anyone have his or her package signed by S.Bush at the time of delivery? I have not seen this name before.

The impression that I got from reading the 2010 thread is that there is no update before your biometrics. However, there is an update after you have your biometrics done.

New week starts tommorow, hope we can hear something regarding the biometrics. I posted this question before, couple days ago, but no one answered. So before we get a biometrics notice, does the status online change, or nothing changes and we just get the notice in the mail. Just want to know what to expect. Good luck everyone. Hope everyone gets their NOAs this week.

Sealightt,
I was checking out the last year forum and found out that it has taken almost 22 days for some to get their NOA, so I guess there is still hope that you will get NOA within this week. Mine was delivered by Fedex and signed by Chyba as most of ours was. I did not notice anyone saying it was signed by Bush. You might want to call and see if they have misplaced your package if you do not hear anything from them by the end of this week. Like everyone has mentioned before it is not easy to get to the proper place while calling but you might just want to give a try by selecting forms and I don't know which form options (Izzy's Idea).

Good luck to you and hopefully good news is on the way.

I am curious, if they reject an application will they send the acceptance message anyway? As I understood the procedure they first accept an application and after that look through it. This means that the acceptance message must be sent in any case. Correct me if I am wrong.
Another question. Did anyone have his or her package signed by S.Bush at the time of delivery? I have not seen this name before.

Mailing copies of I-20 with application

Hi guys,

Is it necessary to mail copies of form I-20 with the AOS package? I've had like 6 of these, each 4 pages and I'm thinking of not including it.

Thanks for your replies.

Hi Goodfellas,

I was exactly the same and mailed the copies for all of them knowing that they were crucial in showing that I've been legally here all these years. Don't worry if the package comes out too bulky, your main interest at this point is to provide all the info they need in order to grant you the GC.

CN 2011EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check
10/01/2010 AOS package sent
10/15/2010 USCIS acceptance confirmation

Baobab, thanks for your answer as I was looking through the forum as well and did not find any info on that. I guess we should be checking the mail then. Thanks

The impression that I got from reading the 2010 thread is that there is no update before your biometrics. However, there is an update after you have your biometrics done.

I delivered my package via FedEX and it was signed for by S. Bush too

And you can get the answer like me : " I know how to handle AOS cases. Please stop giving me any advice or feedback from you, the websites you found, or your friends. If you think you can handle it by yourself, the websites and your friends, I can quit or you can fire me immediately. Thank you."

Wow! I hope you fired their *** before they could say "paycheck"