• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi everyone,

Is the receipt from the US Dept. of State for the $440 AOS fee just the filled form that we sent them (www+travel+state+gov/visa/visa_4763+html) with a 'PAID' stamp with date? Just trying to make sure I got the right thing because I sent them payment with a personal check by mistake.

Also, the next step after the receiving the 2nd NL and the receipt of payment from DOS would be to do the medicals and send the AOS package to the Chicago lockbox the month my number becomes current, right?

Thanks for your help.

1. yes, mine is the same; paid stamp with date on it.
2. if your number is less than 10750 which is announced, you can even send the package in October, based on 50-day rule in advance (just my opinion). you do not need to wait for 2nd letter, you can do your medicals now.

Hi guys,

Just want to say that I submit my package today.
Thanks for all the help and good luck to us all !!! ^^

keepkeep

Dear friends,
I just want to give my best wishes for all of you current in Octuber. PLEASE, take your time so not to make any silly mistakes before send the package!
For all of us that will need to wait a bit longer: be patient, our month will be here before we know it!

I have been reading this forum... and it helped me soo much in the process, but right now I have a question.. Do I need to get police clearances? I have never commited any crime, I dont have any tickets, or something like that. I have a F1 visa and I want to know as soon as I send the package... Can I go to my country for Christmas?... or I cannot go out from US...??... thank you so much I hope you can help me..

Hi guys,
Good luck to those who already sent their packages to Chicago!
Finally found some time to update my signature. I also went through 40+ pages of the AOS 2010 forum which cleared up some of the things I am not sure about. I am also almost done with my package and plan on sending it on Monday. This is what I will include:
* I-485 X 2 (for me and my wife)
* 2 bank check of $1010 each payable to US Dept of Homeland Security
* 2 passport style photos for me and 2 for my wife
* G-325A x 2 (for me and wife)
* I-693 in sealed envelope x 2
* copy of NL1, NL2
* copy of receipt for DV fee
* copies of passports ( photo pages)
* copy of I-94 x 2
* copies of birth certificates
* copy of marriage certificate
* copies of driver's licenses
* copies of school degrees
* copies of approval notices of E2
* police/court records from home country

Am I missing something or should this be all? I am going back to reading the 2010 forum now. Hopefully somebody here can help me as well.
Both me and my wife have changed our status a few times. Should we include a full history of those or just the latest status approval(E2)?
Should we include only the last I-94 we got with the E2 approval or older ones as well?
On a different note how much did you pay for the medical? Mine came up to $550! $250 for the exam+vaccinations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been reading this forum... and it helped me soo much in the process, but right now I have a question.. Do I need to get police clearances? I have never commited any crime, I dont have any tickets, or something like that. I have a F1 visa and I want to know as soon as I send the package... Can I go to my country for Christmas?... or I cannot go out from US...??... thank you so much I hope you can help me..

1. if you have never committed any crime it is not necessary to submit police clearance.
2. if you want to go back to your country while your package is submitted, you must apply for "advance parole" along with I-485 form. follow the link
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=b11747a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Hi guys,
Good luck to those who already sent their packages to Chicago!

lution,
i was also on e2. but i have been on e2 for many years. i can attest that my ao did check that i was never out of status by inspecting all my visas from the point of my first e2 visa to the last one. so my suggestion is to provide the info of your past status just to be complete and not invite any rfe's.

since your are on e2, you are obviously in a stable financial position. this helps allay any doubts from the ao about being a public charge. for me i submitted bank statements and evidence of investment in the business in my application.

again, i stress that it is always better to be over prepared than under. having gone thru it and learning from experiences of other members, i don't believe that there is such a thing as providing too much info. but providing the right info will certainly help and put you in better light.

Hi guys,
have you checked your online status on dvselectee .gov? It says mine hasnt been selected. I wonder if there are gonna be any changes once they get the documents in October.

Hi guys,
have you checked your online status on dvselectee .gov? It says mine hasnt been selected. I wonder if there are gonna be any changes once they get the documents in October.

Mine says the same message too. It's a glitch from the state department website. You shouldn't worry about that if you have already received your NL from KCC.

Guys,

On Sep 30 I have shipped my package to P.O. box number which has 60680 zip code, but on my tracking number and receipt the zip code is 60603 and I'm little worried and I wish they didn't mail to the wrong address. I check my tracking number and it is supposed to be shipped today and I hope that the final destination will be 60680 instead of 60603.

Moreover, I called the USPS branch where I shipped my package, they told not to worry as the zip codes are basically in the same area and that the mailperson knows where is USCIS.

What do you think guys?

leongsce,

Thanks for your help. I think I will send copies of all status approvals to avoid being asked for them as additional evidence. As far as the financial- I think I will send a bank statement or letter stating how much is in my business account, also copies of my last few paychecks(I write a check to myself every month to leave a paper trail) Hopefully that will suffice.
I am at page 78 of the 2010 AOS forum and plan on reading through the whole thing.
Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated!

leongsce,

Thanks for your help. I think I will send copies of all status approvals to avoid being asked for them as additional evidence. As far as the financial- I think I will send a bank statement or letter stating how much is in my business account, also copies of my last few paychecks(I write a check to myself every month to leave a paper trail) Hopefully that will suffice.

lution,
yes, i think you are doing the right thing ...
- by sending in proof of your financial stability
- by reading and educating and informing yourself upon the experiences of others in this forum

further to what i mentioned earlier on what i submitted ...
i also sent in my company registration with the secretary of state just to prove that my company exists (it's only one sheet of paper). so long as you qualify for the dv (ie, education or job experience), in legal status, etc, the rest are supplemental to your application. as we all know, ao's may ask for anything. so better to be prepared.
let me know if you need more help.

Guys,

On Sep 30 I have shipped my package to P.O. box number which has 60680 zip code, but on my tracking number and receipt the zip code is 60603 and I'm little worried and I wish they didn't mail to the wrong address. I check my tracking number and it is supposed to be shipped today and I hope that the final destination will be 60680 instead of 60603.

Moreover, I called the USPS branch where I shipped my package, they told not to worry as the zip codes are basically in the same area and that the mailperson knows where is USCIS.

What do you think guys?

Don't worry. Your package will reach the correct destination. And this is quite common as you can have several zipcodes in the same area. I noticed that too when I was sending the dv payment to the DOS PO. Box whose zipcode differed from the one shown on the USPS tracking website.

lucky2011, I have checked my confirmation number and it also shows that I have not been selected.

As I said, it's a technical glitch from the DOS website. KCC also confirmed this problem over the phone. There's nothing to worry about if you have already received your NL.

You think so, ok. Moreover, today I checked tracking number again, it was written that notice is left in 60603 zip code. You know what I'll just wait till the next weekend.