• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi Lucky2011,
It does not really matter what we wrote on the DSP-122 form with regard to the field office. That was to inform KCC that we are going to adjust status in US.
After we send the i485 package to the Chicago lockbox, the file will eventually arrive at our local FO. I think that only after that the FO has to request our file from KCC, so USCIS would not even know what we wrote on the DSP-122 form before our file is sent to the local office. Most likely they decide based on your zip code.
You are somewhat lucky to have several FOs around. My local office is almost 400 miles away, a 6 hours drive each way. I hope I will not have to do any infopass :)

Hey guys,
On question 4 of the DSP-122 form that I submitted a long time ago back in May, I wrote down "BCIS" but I forgot to mention the name and address of my local field office (FO). How will USCIS determine my FO for AOS processing and interviewing? Will they use the online FO locator? Because I just found out that my zipcode on the USCIS online FO locator actually shows a FO that is farthest from my current address.

frenchiechs, here is my take on it.
1) & 2) Yes. I would include all internships, paid or unpaid.

3) No. No point in listing such short term jobs here and there.

4) You do not have to include travel in your residency listing, nor the 5 day stay at a friend. I traveled so much for work, plus the few vacations, that I would need a lot of space to list them, if I even remembered all my trips.

This is my take on it. If Capeolive answers you in the 2010 thread, I would go with what he says :)

baobab

Dear Baobab,

Thank you so much for your advice!
Best of luck
Frenchiechs

Hi Lucky2011,
It does not really matter what we wrote on the DSP-122 form with regard to the field office. That was to inform KCC that we are going to adjust status in US.
After we send the i485 package to the Chicago lockbox, the file will eventually arrive at our local FO. I think that only after that the FO has to request our file from KCC, so USCIS would not even know what we wrote on the DSP-122 form before our file is sent to the local office. Most likely they decide based on your zip code.
You are somewhat lucky to have several FOs around. My local office is almost 400 miles away, a 6 hours drive each way. I hope I will not have to do any infopass :)

Thanks for the explanation my friend :) Yeah, I think I was making a big issue out of this.

Natta,

I will take it as a compliment!!! Thanks and for sure I enjoyed watching it too esp. steamy mcdreamy :D

Thank you so much Izzy
I hope you have a short journey as you are current in October, and wish you all the best as you deserve it , as you put so much time and effort into this forum helping other people.
P.S. Something out of topic: every time I see your username Izzy, it reminds me of Grey's Anathomy, Izzy Stevens , played by Katherine Heigl :) I watched all the seasons :)

Guys, thanks for having my back. Leon, you know me well :D Its really great to have friends like you.

all,
i would like to comment that izzy has been a very helpful resource for the 2011'ers ever since she joined. i'm sure many of you have read her posts and find them useful. and from what i read from her answer to one of your questions ... i personally felt that she meant it as a joke. so, folks, let's all chill ... ok?

Izzy120

Hey Izzy120,Thank you for you reply and suggestions.Seems like I will wait till my case number will become current and i will send my $440 check to DOS.By that do i make myself clear that,even if I want to change my processing to CP,will i have plenty of time and will KCC approve that .Lets say my number becomes CURRENT in August and I know it already on July.By then if I call KCC and resubmit the forms DSP 122,DS part 1 and part 2 will that be ok? And how long will they take to accept that resubmission and change my processing to CP?

I cannot answer for certain how long KCC will take to make changes to your case from AoS to CP. You must call KCC and inquire about the whole process beforehand. That way you will know how long you want to wait before making changes. If possible, always get things in writing, don’t assume anything. I remember maila from 2010 who is also from Nepal who decided to change to CP from AoS, I have not heard from him since his interview on September 14th but you may try and find his posts.

And lets say they accept that and allow me to do CP,now what will they be sending me and by how much of time.If my number is current then will they be sending me the NL2 mentioning the interview date .If its so then i think i can collect that letter over here in USA and fly back to nepal inorder to be interviewed.Sounds easy but can you please explain me what specs do you see on my case

My case number is 2011 AS 39***
You will receive a letter notifying you of your interview schedule once your CN is current. (I believe maila got his letter around July while his CN became current in September). I would like to think that KCC will send the letter in about 6-8 weeks before your interview date (provided that you inform them of change on time). But make sure you keep them in the loop if you don't hear from them just in case.

Again, this is not something you have to decide right away, speak to KCC, do your research, and make an informed decision. If you have questions, we are always here to help you out. :)

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew you watched it too.
You are such a nice person, Izzy, I hope and pray that you wil be rewarded for all the help and advice you give.
[[/I]
Natta,

I will take it as a compliment!!! Thanks and for sure I enjoyed watching it too esp. steamy mcdreamy :D

natta and luganskman,

Thanks for your appreciation guys... I am only trying to help. :) :) :)
I wish you all in this forum to have a smooth and fast processing of your case.

9 days till FY 2011!!!

Hey Izzy.
Yesterday I was looking through the AOS 2010 thread and I saw that the cases processed at your FO Jacksonville , Florida, were the the first ones to pe interviewed and aproved, so I wish you a very short AOS journey this year as the others had with the same field office. Can't wait for FY to begin, send the AOS, get NOA, get biometris and finally the interview and the aproval. Counting the days.
natta and luganskman,

Thanks for your appreciation guys... I am only trying to help. :) :) :)
I wish you all in this forum to have a smooth and fast processing of your case.

9 days till FY 2011!!!

Lucky,

First of all thanks for starting this thread.

I am honored you feel that way, but I don't think it is fair to capeolive since he is so much more experienced, patient, and knowledgeable than I am. I am glad and we are fortunate to have someone like him on this forum who puts so much time and effort out of his own personal life to help all of us. He is the ultimate GURU.

However, I am very grateful. :) Thank you very much.

I happily concur. Izzy is the "Capeolive" of the DV-2011 AOS thread ;)

Hi Guys,

I am just trying to find answers to a few questions, I know they are in the forum somewhere and I have searched but cannot find them. If someone can either point me in the right direction or provide me with the answers I would really appreciate it.

1.) When doing the I-693 Medicals do I need to complete one for my wife and I, or just myself who will be the DV Lottery winner?
2.) When paying the I-485 $930 and biometric fee, is this fee paid one for myself and one for my wife, or just for myself?
3.) I noticed that on the USCIS I-485 page it looks like the lockbox is now in Dallas and no longer Chicago. "You may file form I-485 and form I-140 together at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility at this time." is this the new lockbox I send it to, or would it still go to the Chicago Lockbox for 2011?
4.) I am already on an H1-B visa, would it be best to do EAD, or just leave this form blank? Or how do I go about this in my situation.
5.) How long does the process to get the I-693 Medicals done?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Izzy120

Hey Izzy thank you so much for all the information you have provided to me and I would not forget hayyat too...
Definitely I will follow the steps you have suggested and probably I might wanna do CP .By now I made myself clear on the fact that I will atleast have my interview letter if my CN becomes current.This will allow me a space to fly back to Nepal without any fear .
I only had concerns on a case that if I would be receiving
NL2 which states my interview date back in Nepal.If things go this way then I will still do some research..like calling KCC and more.
Probably I would wanna call KCC tomorrow and update myself and you all through this forum on what's next.Leave your comments if I am still wrong on what I mentioned above.Every concerns are appreciated.Thank you.

Hi subywrx,

1. Both you and your wife need separate I-693
2. Both you and your wife need to pay $1010/person i.e., $2020 total.
3. You must submit your AoS application to Chicago lockbox, see: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD (updated 8/3/2010). The page you were referring to is the actual I-485 general info page. But, the filing of I-140 (Petition for alien worker) and I-485 that is mentioned there applies to Employment Based adjustees (which doe not apply to us).
4. If you already have H-1B, and plan on continuing work with your current employer, then you probably won't need EAD (considering the fact that DV AoS is so much faster). It does not hurt to apply for it, but if you don't plan on using it, I don't see the need to apply for it, but its upto you.
5. You will need to call your local civil surgeons, you will find the link in USCIS website. It really depends but if you have the basic shots and are good to go then the process can be done in as less as 2 days.

Hi Guys,

I am just trying to find answers to a few questions, I know they are in the forum somewhere and I have searched but cannot find them. If someone can either point me in the right direction or provide me with the answers I would really appreciate it.

1.) When doing the I-693 Medicals do I need to complete one for my wife and I, or just myself who will be the DV Lottery winner?
2.) When paying the I-485 $930 and biometric fee, is this fee paid one for myself and one for my wife, or just for myself?
3.) I noticed that on the USCIS I-485 page it looks like the lockbox is now in Dallas and no longer Chicago. "You may file form I-485 and form I-140 together at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility at this time." is this the new lockbox I send it to, or would it still go to the Chicago Lockbox for 2011?
4.) I am already on an H1-B visa, would it be best to do EAD, or just leave this form blank? Or how do I go about this in my situation.
5.) How long does the process to get the I-693 Medicals done?

Thanks in advance.

You are welcome. You mean Khayat not hayyat right? Just kidding!!! :)

Yes, definitely call KCC and find out how long it takes for them to change the process, what is needed, etc. Btw, I think maila received his interview letter in Nepal and I think he also got a call/e-mail (forgot which) from KCC that his interview was scheduled for Sept. 14. So, I don't know how it is going to be with you but do check with KCC about this too (i.e., where will they send your NL2 if you change to CP, etc.). Good Luck!

Hey Izzy thank you so much for all the information you have provided to me and I would not forget hayyat too...
Definitely I will follow the steps you have suggested and probably I might wanna do CP .By now I made myself clear on the fact that I will atleast have my interview letter if my CN becomes current.This will allow me a space to fly back to Nepal without any fear .
I only had concerns on a case that if I would be receiving
NL2 which states my interview date back in Nepal.If things go this way then I will still do some research..like calling KCC and more.
Probably I would wanna call KCC tomorrow and update myself and you all through this forum on what's next.Leave your comments if I am still wrong on what I mentioned above.Every concerns are appreciated.Thank you.

What exactly is written on NL2?? Is it same for everyone?
Since I have not received it yet and my case number is 2011AS00033XXX, does that mean I will be receiving it like two months before my case number becomes current??
For the finacial support document, what would be the least amount of capital in my bank account in order to let them think I am financially ok.

When the case number becomes current, do u have to make an appointment before going to the local office? or just walk in in that month?

Thanks

Pretty much they say your case is transferred to USCIS. I don't know how they send NL2 out, but it is not a document you need to file with your AOS documentation, so you don't really need it for anything. The financial aspect varies, but you have to convince them you will not become a public charge (google poverty guidelines for more info). When you become current you can send your package to Chicago Lockbox. I know there were some discussions regarding the issue of sending your file 50-60 days in advance, so you can go back through this thread to find out about the associated risks. But you definitely are not supposed to walk in anywhere! After they process your data they will schedule you for biometrics and only after that you will have an interview. Hope that helps.

What exactly is written on NL2?? Is it same for everyone?
Since I have not received it yet and my case number is 2011AS00033XXX, does that mean I will be receiving it like two months before my case number becomes current??
For the finacial support document, what would be the least amount of capital in my bank account in order to let them think I am financially ok.

When the case number becomes current, do u have to make an appointment before going to the local office? or just walk in in that month?

Thanks