• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Good luck to everyone who could file on October....just tripple check the documents before you post it(friendly reminder).

emplyment letter

Hello everybody,

I am posting here a sample emplyment letter that I would like to include in my AOS package.Does this look OK to you or what else should I include?
Thank you!

September 23rd, 2010

US Department of Homeland Security
United States Citizenship and Immigration Service
Attn: AOS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Re: Adjustment Of Status <name>
Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that <name> is employed with us as a full time <job>. She has been working at <institution name> since August 15, 2009 and her annual salary is $.......

<name> performs the following duties:
-.......................................................................................................

Please feel free to contact us if your office should require any further information.

Sincerely,

<name and signature who sign the letter>

Hi everyone,

I got my acceptance letter from KCC in May 2010, haven't started doing anything. I read USCIS website for adjustment of status over and over again. Now I checked this website and the process that everyone has gone through is completely different than I read! I have never heard of a DSP-122 form before!

Can someone PLEASE tell me what to do now STEP-BY-STEP? And where did you get that information??!
And how do you know that you are current?!!

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!!

Hi everyone,

I got my acceptance letter from KCC in May 2010, haven't started doing anything. I read USCIS website for adjustment of status over and over again. Now I checked this website and the process that everyone has gone through is completely different than I read! I have never heard of a DSP-122 form before!

Can someone PLEASE tell me what to do now STEP-BY-STEP? And where did you get that information??!
And how do you know that you are current?!!

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!!

churcune,
read these 2 threads - 2010 aos only and 2011 aos only. then you will understand what needs to be done. your questions have been discussed at the beginning of these threads.

Dear Winners!!!

8 more days left!!! we are almost there!!!

i ve got a question regarding form G-325 or G-325A (the related item appears on both and I am not sure which one i have to fill so far):

to the question "last occupation abroad if not shown above": this occupation could be a trip or a job? or whatever else? or by occupation, they mean it as a position, a job?

thank you for your answer
best of luck to all
Frenchiechs

Hey everyone,

Now I understand what to do next.

Couple of questions!

I came here as F-1 and then applied for OPT. I had my EAD card and everything but now I'm going to grad school. Do I need to submit that previous EAD card with my i-485? And ALL notice of actions? I don't think I have the NOAs anymore, it's been a long time since I came here.

I also applied for CPT for this semester and will be doing an internship for the whole year. The internship hasn't started yet, so I don't include that in my DSP-122 and DS 230 forms. But by the time I'll be filling G 325, I'll be doing an internship, and write that down. Do you think this will cause a problem? Having a work experience in one form and not having it in the other? Am I overthinking?

Thanks!

Beryl

frenchiechs,

Based on the official instructions, you need form G-325A.

Last occupation abroad means your last job abroad. They also mention "if is not shows above". That is, if you did not have any job abroad in the last five years and thus, this job is not included in your answer to the previous question, then you have to write your last job abroad, however long ago, into that box.

Dear Winners!!!

8 more days left!!! we are almost there!!!

i ve got a question regarding form G-325 or G-325A (the related item appears on both and I am not sure which one i have to fill so far):

to the question "last occupation abroad if not shown above": this occupation could be a trip or a job? or whatever else? or by occupation, they mean it as a position, a job?

thank you for your answer
best of luck to all
Frenchiechs

churcune,

You have to submit a copy of your last EAD (front and back) if you submit also form I-765 (application for employment authorization). I think you are OK without submitting a copy of the NOA as well.

For your second question. It is never a problem to be honest (unless the truth is something that makes you ineligible). However, for your particular question, it is normal for your situation to change slightly because the two forms are submitted months apart, and not at the same time.

Hey everyone,

Now I understand what to do next.

Couple of questions!

I came here as F-1 and then applied for OPT. I had my EAD card and everything but now I'm going to grad school. Do I need to submit that previous EAD card with my i-485? And ALL notice of actions? I don't think I have the NOAs anymore, it's been a long time since I came here.

I also applied for CPT for this semester and will be doing an internship for the whole year. The internship hasn't started yet, so I don't include that in my DSP-122 and DS 230 forms. But by the time I'll be filling G 325, I'll be doing an internship, and write that down. Do you think this will cause a problem? Having a work experience in one form and not having it in the other? Am I overthinking?

Thanks!

Beryl

Hey guys,

I've been asking the moderators of this "Great" forum to make this thread sticky, but they have ignored my request each time. Maybe we all need to call on them into action. You can find their usernames at the bottom of the Lottery Visas - DV section page.

Guys,

Do you think including any strong recommendation letter in the AOS application would help? would hurt?

Guys,

Do you think including any strong recommendation letter in the AOS application would help? would hurt?

I think it would definitely help especially if the letter comes from your employer and can praise you as a valuable and productive employee. Remember Norkira from DV-2010 AOS? He got his GC without interview because his employer was able to provide a strong, enthusiastic letter about him. Anyway, I'm sure any recommendation letter would do nothing but help your case.

Ok, so 8 more days before we send the AOS package to Chicago.
I have a question regarding the adress. I saw somewhere in the forum that if you send with USPS there is one adress of a PO box and if you send with UPS or Fedex, there is another adress. Which one will you be using guys. I just want to make sure I got the right adress.

This is interesting, I have quite a few recommendations. How about CV or Resume would including these as "supplemental documents" help? hurt?

I think it would definitely help especially if the letter comes from your employer and can praise you as a valuable and productive employee. Remember Norkira from DV-2010 AOS? He got his GC without interview because his employer was able to provide a strong, enthusiastic letter about him. Anyway, I'm sure any recommendation letter would do nothing but help your case.

This is interesting, I have quite a few recommendations. How about CV or Resume would including these as "supplemental documents" help? hurt?

I plan on including my resume in my AOS package because I've got a pretty diverse employment history in the tech industry. Include anything you believe will present you as a productive citizen and therefore enhance your case. However, make sure there is no discrepancy or gap of information between your resume and the info shown on your I-485 or G-325.

Last edited by a moderator:

khayat,
just replied you in the 2010 thread.
saw lucky2011's post and would like to add that i, too, had a successful career in the IT industry. not sure whether the ao read it but like lucky said ... who knows .... the ao may be impressed so much so that he approves your case without an interview!!

Thanks Leon,

the reality is that I-485 is supposed to be a really straight forward application and usually USCIS will disregard any material that is not relevant to the application. So I try no to include anything that does not have any effect on application.

khayat,
just replied you in the 2010 thread.
saw lucky2011's post and would like to add that i, too, had a successful career in the IT industry. not sure whether the ao read it but like lucky said ... who knows .... the ao may be impressed so much so that he approves your case without an interview!!

frenchiechs,

Based on the official instructions, you need form G-325A.

Last occupation abroad means your last job abroad. They also mention "if is not shows above". That is, if you did not have any job abroad in the last five years and thus, this job is not included in your answer to the previous question, then you have to write your last job abroad, however long ago, into that box.

Baobab,

I got it.
Thank you so much for your helpful explanation!

Thanks Leon,

the reality is that I-485 is supposed to be a really straight forward application and usually USCIS will disregard any material that is not relevant to the application. So I try no to include anything that does not have any effect on application.

khayat,
yes, it's true that it should be a straightforward application. but i would like to highlight that all cases are handled by human beings who for some reason may or may not be as straightforward or simple as we wish them to be. some ao's are very picky and strict while some are flexible and understanding. for all you know the ao may look at your resume and be impressed. so i think it will help you if you have a good track record in your career and hope that the ao looks at the document. capeolive answered your question in the other thread and i agree - no harm being better prepared than under prepared.

Leon,

The thing is my resume is not probably like yours full of work experiences. Mine is more publications, lots of presentations, dual degrees, score and stuff. I don't know if it would convince them financially...
whatcha think?

khayat,
yes, it's true that it should be a straightforward application. but i would like to highlight that all cases are handled by human beings who for some reason may or may not be as straightforward or simple as we wish them to be. some ao's are very picky and strict while some are flexible and understanding. for all you know the ao may look at your resume and be impressed. so i think it will help you if you have a good track record in your career and hope that the ao looks at the document. capeolive answered your question in the other thread and i agree - no harm being better prepared than under prepared.

Guys,
Even though I have not been active in the past few weeks, I agree absolutely about Izzy's resourcefulness. Great to have her in our corner. Kodus to you our friend. Wishing u guys the best, I finally got EVERYTHING in the envelope today, addressed it and will seal it only when Izzy tells me to do so, should I, my immigration consultant? Waiting for your answer.