• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

That is correct.
I did same thing with other immigration matter, and it was perfectly fine.
you still need to send them a copy of the document in the foreign language. So that if they will be interested, they could translate it too.
Also to your interview, you should bring with you the original document.
Good Luck

That is correct.
I did same thing with other immigration matter, and it was perfectly fine.
you still need to send them a copy of the document in the foreign language. So that if they will be interested, they could translate it too.
Also to your interview, you should bring with you the original document.
Good Luck

Hi yoni , thanks for the reply good luck too you ....

Hi all,

does anybody knows if F-1 visa gets canceled when DSP122 is submitted to KCC. I need to travel outside US in August. My current visa is valid till the end of 2010 so I wonder if it is safe to travel. Do they have information about the winners at the port of entry. My CN is 2011EU00019xxx. I have not sent anything to KCC yet, but I plan to do it soon.

Hi all,

does anybody knows if F-1 visa gets canceled when DSP122 is submitted to KCC. I need to travel outside US in August. My current visa is valid till the end of 2010 so I wonder if it is safe to travel. Do they have information about the winners at the port of entry. My CN is 2011EU00019xxx. I have not sent anything to KCC yet, but I plan to do it soon.

No, F-1 never gets cancelled by just sending DSP-122 to KCC. You're fine. As a matter of fact, many F-1 applicants who do AOS usually keep their F-1 status until they successfully pass the interview and get approved.

Im telling you, the guys on this forum are so helpful, ok sent in everything to KCC and payment done, reading through all the stuff for the I-485 packet and then to send it to the lockbox once my number becomes current, I might need to wait a bit. I did have two more questions, I am getting married in July and was wondering what the process if becuase I applied for the Lottery as a single applicant, do I need to notify them during the interview that there will be two people, or do I need to notify them now? I am happy to pay the extra fees for her, we only decided we were going to get married after I had applied to the DV lottery last November. Also I have a class c misdemeanor on my file but I am in the process of getting it expunged. Is this something that I need to list on my form for a criminal background, or will they never see this on the record and I can just apply with a clean NO on the forms for criminal background?

Thanks again guys

Get to usa and later make arrange for ur wife not to give u prblem

I'm a 2011 DV winner SA000008xx. I've been reading the threads but i did not see anyone with the same situation as me. I am currently waiting for my GC through family (3P) for years now. Since I was grandfather by the 245i my lawyer told me I could apply for AOS with the DV2011. Just received labor approval I-140 filed through my current employer. Will this be a, +??. Anyone has any similar experience to share?? thanks!

R2010,
The 245i "grandfathering" allows you to file the I485 with $1000 penalty and adjust status. It is very simple, all that you need is to prove you were here on that date in 2000 and that you applied prior to 4/30/2001 and had "approve-able" when file labor cert.
It will cost you the extra $1000 vs. regular AOS...but if you lost your legal status...you can't do AOS at all unless you have 245i available for you...
If you attempt to do CP, you possible have the 10 year bar....so it will not work.

Thanks for your reply!
Is the 245i an application before the 2001 dead line or an special form? Because I have pending application before the deadline which from my understanding makes it a 245i. Thanks for your help.

R2010,
The 245i "grandfathering" allows you to file the I485 with $1000 penalty and adjust status. It is very simple, all that you need is to prove you were here on that date in 2000 and that you applied prior to 4/30/2001 and had "approve-able" when file labor cert.
It will cost you the extra $1000 vs. regular AOS...but if you lost your legal status...you can't do AOS at all unless you have 245i available for you...
If you attempt to do CP, you possible have the 10 year bar....so it will not work.

Hi
I am the DV2011 winner and I have sent the DSP-122 to KCC. Now I have a question. Because my company is going to file EB2 (140 form) to USCIS for green card, will it conflict my DV2011 application? Is it OK to apply green card by both DV2011 and EB2?

I appreciate your help and answer!

Aken

R2010,
245i was basically a law/regulation originally for people that were here around old deadline of January 14, 1998. It was extended to 04-30-01. If you filed I130,I140, labor cert before 04-30-01 you are grandfathered no matter the outcome of those petitions...provided ofcourse that those petitions were legit, not fraud, and what the INS calls "approvable when filed"

Hi Yoni123

Thank you for your answer. Base on your suggestion, I will continue my EB2. Because my CN number is a little bit high (AS2xxxx), I am worry that I may not finish all DV process before September 2011.
Hence, I would like to also file only I-140 for EB2. Then, I will either file I485 for EB2 or file I485 for DV2011. It depends on when my CN become current next year. Is it correct?

Thanks again,

Aken

Aken, you can continue you EB2 up until you file the I485...only then you might have issues.

No, F-1 never gets cancelled by just sending DSP-122 to KCC. You're fine. As a matter of fact, many F-1 applicants who do AOS usually keep their F-1 status until they successfully pass the interview and get approved.

hi lucky2011,
I am in an F-1 visa status here in the USA. And i was just curious as to how that can be done. I mean keeping your F-1 status untill you pass the interview. And may i also know the source of this information. Thank you for all your help.
Sinbad

hi lucky2011,
I am in an F-1 visa status here in the USA. And i was just curious as to how that can be done. I mean keeping your F-1 status untill you pass the interview. And may i also know the source of this information. Thank you for all your help.
Sinbad

Hi sdang003,
I took the time to read the previous years AOS threads in their entirety. As you would notice, many of the DV winners were F-1 students. And on many occasions, the immigration officer who was conducting the interview took off the I-94 card from your passport once he/she approves you. In other words, that's the moment where your F-1 status ends and that you become P.R.

Hi sdang003,
I took the time to read the previous years AOS threads in their entirety. As you would notice, many of the DV winners were F-1 students. And on many occasions, the immigration officer who was conducting the interview took off the I-94 card from your passport once he/she approves you. In other words, that's the moment where your F-1 status ends and that you become P.R.

If you need to travel while under your f-1, you need to make sure that you apply for AP. You can't get back in the country with an f-1 while your GC case is pending.

Also, renew your I-20 now if it expires before 9/30/2011

If you need to travel while under your f-1, you need to make sure that you apply for AP. You can't get back in the country with an f-1 while your GC case is pending.

Also, renew your I-20 now if it expires before 9/30/2011

By pending case you mean after filing i485 ? My number will become current later than 9/30/2011. Can I travel without worry until I file i485 or there are issues after 9/30/2011 anyway?

Thanks for the explanation. I have a legitimate file with immigration before 2001 so i will continue with my application. Thanks for your help!!

245i was basically a law/regulation originally for people that were here around old deadline of January 14, 1998. It was extended to 04-30-01. If you filed I130,I140, labor cert before 04-30-01 you are grandfathered no matter the outcome of those petitions...provided ofcourse that those petitions were legit, not fraud, and what the INS calls "approvable when filed"[/QUOTE]

AOS Process to start Jul-Aug, 2011

Hi,

I have a high CN 2011AS0004xxxx.

According to previous years, it won’t become current before July-August 2011.
I just moved to the US on a Work Visa so AOS is the only option I see.

My question is, I probably be able to begin AOS process in time but I am not sure it will complete by September 30, 2011 – Is that OK?

What will happen if my AOS does not complete process (issue GC) by September 30, 2011?

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

I received the 1s NL a couple weeks ago (EU00015XXX).
I have an appointment at USCIS tomorrow to determine the eligibility for AOS.

Now I have started to fill DS-122... are you supposed to list all schools you attended (even high school)? What about their full addresses? There's obviously not enough room to write an international address down there...

Also, I'm on H1B right now, does that mean I don't need AP to travel after I file for AOS? Can someone point me to the official doc that says so?

Thanks

--sob

Last edited by a moderator: