• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Congrats to all who got the biometrics! For me no biometrics yet. I'm pretty frustrated. I was one of the first ones to get NOAs, but with the biometrics getting a little late. Hope to get it this week. So Izzy, Natta and Lugansman got the letters, I guess there is smb else, so in total 4 people

Ha! So i guess it's just speculation then... thanks for replying :D

Yeah, my last digit is 8.

Congrats to all the people that received their biometric appointments. There seems to be a good correlation between the dates the packages were sent and the receipt of notices up to this point. The actual dates for biometrics and the interview letters are going to diverge much more based on one's FO.

Edit: Antin, by my notes, 7 people received their biometric appointments.

yep, depends on your field office. I am so happy that our field office, even though we have only one in Vermont, is not busy at all, compared to some field offices like New york and Boston. really sorry for those guys that have to wait longer.
Yeah, my last digit is 8.

Congrats to all the people that received their biometric appointments. There seems to be a good correlation between the dates the packages were sent and the receipt of notices up to this point. The actual dates for biometrics and the interview letters are going to diverge much more based on one's FO.

Edit: Antin, by my notes, 7 people received their biometric appointments.

Where is Izzy to update the list that she made. So from my observations, the first wave of people who send in the AOS package on 9/30 and was delivered on 10/1 already got the biometrics, as from what the other member said, all the biometrics already received were all dated 10/14. So if you are in this "wave" then you should get it these days, the next wave of people who send their packages couple days latter, should probably receive the biometrics appointments next week.
7 is a lot! Have you counted how many are still waiting?

7 is a lot! Have you counted how many are still waiting?

I should have said 7 reported that they received the appointment.
I have 18 people who reported sending the AOS package and who did not report that the package was returned or that they have received the biometrics. Some of them sent the package later, so there is no surprise that they did not receive the biometrics yet.

natta, How do you know about your office being not busy? Where can we check the info about our local offices?

Hey Antin, I did not read this info anywhere, but I am pretty familiar with that field office, cause I live in the same state for 4 years already and have been to that field office few times and the processing wa going fast for all the cases I know. One of my friends, that also lives here, is a DV 2010 winner, him and his wife did AOS last year at the same field office and their case was also current in october, they had quite a hort journey and they were done with the entire process by december, everything went well and fast for them. I also have other familly members that live here with me that deal with the same office and everything goes fast. SO that why I assume that this office is not that busy and till now I am the first one to get the biometrics so early, for 10/28 which is next week.
natta, How do you know about your office being not busy? Where can we check the info about our local offices?

Sorry guys if in any of my posts the "S" is missing , my cat broke the S from my laptop, and it is kind of hard to press it :D

yeah, but I still love her, she is part of the familly :) regarding the laptop, I still have warranty on it and would send it to be fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi natta, I did receive the text and email, but my husband didn't. We both filed G1145(two copies). Shouldn't he get a separate email/text? Or only one is sent to the main applicant. Also, interestingly, I received both the text and emails 6 times, God knows why. We two(me and my hubby) only applied!

Ok I got it, But I already sent my I485 and got NOAs so, what can I do for now?

Hi eooedada,

It may be that they will not reject your application at a later time, but it is also quite possible that they will notice that you sent the application more than 90 days before your number became current and that you will get a rejection letter at a later time.

However, all is not lost in that case. You may resubmit your AOS application when your number is shown as current in the visa bulletin. The big downside is that you would have to pay the AOS fee of $1010 again as they already cashed this check. I am not sure if you have any dependents. You would have to pay for everyone again.

Second, if you applied for EAD and AP, and if you receive them, do not use them. If you use them and your AOS application is rejected, you lose your non-immigrant status, especially if you are not on one of the dual intent visas such as H1B.

There was a case last year where the applicant submitted the package early. He received the NOA, the biometrics appointment, and the EAD and AP. However, after that he received the rejection letter. So you'll have to live with the risk that your application may be rejected at a later time. All you can do is to be patient and not use the EAD and AP in case that you receive them, and know that you can reapply if your first application is rejected.

Hi natta, I did receive the text and email, but my husband didn't. We both filed G1145(two copies). Shouldn't he get a separate email/text? Or only one is sent to the main applicant. Also, interestingly, I received both the text and emails 6 times, God knows why. We two(me and my hubby) only applied!

You receive a notification for each submitted application. I assume you submitted forms I-765 and I-131 for EAD and AP together with your I-485 application. Then, the six notification are for both of you times 3 applications.

Thanks for the infor, we will see what's gonna happen. Does any case like me before?

As I mentioned, there was a case last year. You can start reading from this post. The saga continues for tens of pages, but you'll get the idea after the first few ones.

Also, it helps if you quote at least part of the message to which you reply. This last one was clear, but your previous post was a reply to a post a couple of pages back.