• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey Lipna, so NOA means Nottice of Action, that everyone receives when USCIS start processing your application, this is baically a receipt telling you they got ur application and they start processing it and it also gives you a receipt number that you can latter check the status of your case at USCIS.gov, it has nothing to do with the employment authorization, you get a NOA for all the applications you send with the USCIS. So regarding your package, it was delivered on a friday, right before the weekend, and as we know, that weekend was kind of a longer one for everyone as the businesses were closed on monday due to Columbus day, so they basically got to your package only on tuesday which was like a week ago. Usually it takes them around a week to open the package and if you had a G1145 right on top of all the other forms then you should get a response from them in the next few days. Just watch for the check on your account, cause whenever the check is cashed that means they start processing it. Hang on in there, I know it is kind of hard to wait, but just be positive and think of the results to come. Good luck and keep us posted :)
Thanks natta. I did file the G1145 file. Also my checks are not cashed yet :( I don't think I'll get NOA, what's that? I am already working H1. Will I still get NOA? I didnt apply for employment as I already have employment based visa. My understanding is NOA related to employment. Fixing the signature, thanks for noticing :)

Lipna

Got SMS!

Hey natta, Thanks :) I just got a SMS from them :) It say: "Your application was received. Receipt # MSC110132****". Official receipt notice(Form I-797) to follow on mail". Why this I-797 form?? Confused!

arggggggggggggg.

as far as I remember it does not matter. I read somewhere in their documents that you can write payee as USCIS or DHS as long as you spell them out completely.

Oops. Apparently, I missed that too. I was busy looking at the states of residency and appropriate lock boxes. Oh well. I'll keep you guys updated on what happens.

Good news lipna and js7, now you guys can wait for the NOA in the mail in the next few days, probably till the weekend.
Lipna I-797 is also the name of the NOA that they send you, this is the way USCIS calls it. No worries, everything is fine.

Hey leongsce, so the biometrics is done at the same office where the interview is conducted from what I know. For example in Vermont, there is only one field office or as other call local office, where I supposed to go there for the biometrics on 10/28, where from my knowledge is the place where you get interviewed as well. There is also a service center in Vermont, which is one of few service centers in the country, which happens to be in the same town as the field office, only different adress. These two are different, as the field office you can walk in for information or biometrics, while the Service Center no one can get access to beside the authorized personel.

Natta,

Based on my zip code, there's apparently 2 offices. One for the ASC (Application Support Center) which deals with the biometrics appointment and the other is the field office (different address, same city) which will be the interview I guess. I guess it depends on the state and city for each individual. I haven't got my biometric appt yet so we'll have to see...

North Carolina is way bigger than Vermont and has more than just one field office, so now I understand, but in Vermont we have only one field office that takes care of biometrics as well as the interviews and then we have the Vermont Service center that serves the north east part of the country .
Natta,

Based on my zip code, there's apparently 2 offices. One for the ASC (Application Support Center) which deals with the biometrics appointment and the other is the field office (different address, same city) which will be the interview I guess. I guess it depends on the state and city for each individual. I haven't got my biometric appt yet so we'll have to see...

Updating status: Biometrics appointment received on 29/10 at 1:00 PM for three of us(dated by 15/10). Code 3. (San Francisco CA)
LUD updated: 10/18/2010

Last edited by a moderator:
I got bio for 11/09. Last year some of the interview letters came after the bio date and some before that. Anybody knows what the deal with that is?

Hey Khayat, I read and reread the DV 2010 forum and what I've got from the signitures of the members and from the posts is that the biometrics appointment is send by the National Benefit Center, while the interview already is sent by the local USCIS office after they get the papers from the NBC and depends on how busy they are they will schedule an interview, not necesarilly wait for the biometrics, but you can get the notice for interview before you do the biometrics, but the interview is always after the biometrics are done as they need to know how the results came back during the interview in order to aprove a case or not. So if most of the biometrics were already sent for end of october ( couple of people) and the rest for begining of november, I would assume that the interviews would start coming for end november, begining of december, hope so :) Lets wait together.
I got bio for 11/09. Last year some of the interview letters came after the bio date and some before that. Anybody knows what the deal with that is?

How is everybody doing Natta? I am busy like crazy. Thanks for helping the newbies :)

Hey Khayat, I read and reread the DV 2010 forum and what I've got from the signitures of the members and from the posts is that the biometrics appointment is send by the National Benefit Center, while the interview already is sent by the local USCIS office after they get the papers from the NBC and depends on how busy they are they will schedule an interview, not necesarilly wait for the biometrics, but you can get the notice for interview before you do the biometrics, but the interview is always after the biometrics are done as they need to know how the results came back during the interview in order to aprove a case or not. So if most of the biometrics were already sent for end of october ( couple of people) and the rest for begining of november, I would assume that the interviews would start coming for end november, begining of december, hope so :) Lets wait together.

Nothing exciting about the biometrics themselves, only the fact that things are moving along. The interview is what we are all waiting for and hope its coming soon and it will be succesfull for everyone. :)
It will be exciting! Be sure of it.

Does your case number end with a number other than 0 or 5?

I was reading the DV2011 AOS Asia thread and found this interesting comment

As I learnt, this time KCC has used a new system to assign CNs. Some one's idea was that each main applicant has been given a block of CNs this time even if the applicant is single and unmarried. I tend to adopt this because every CN I know end with 5 or 0. Does it mean every main applicant is given 5 CNs.
If so there is no actual applicants as high as 45000 .

So out of curiosity, does anyone have a case number that ends with a number other than 5 or 0? Mine is 0...

Its just the begining of the FY, so newbies are welcome, we where all once newbies and needed help and thanks to the other members we got the help, hope we get more members in and all learn from each other. Yeah, me to I am busy, school, homework, work and familly life, but keep checking the mail everyday after the mail man leaves hoping to find some news.
How is everybody doing Natta? I am busy like crazy. Thanks for helping the newbies :)