• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi Guys. I read most of the threads that you guys posted. I have a question, I see that you gys talk about a 2nd NL, what is that? Is that a second letter that you receive from them? What's in the letter, for those people who already received a second letter?

New forum members,

Please take the time in reading this thread plus threads from the past years from the first page for valuable information. Many of your questions have already been discussed extensively in these threads. Also please read the instructions about filing, document requirements, medical examinations, etc., from the USCIS website. Here is a starting point:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=2df93a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Please take the time to read form instructions thoroughly (there is a link to FORMS on USCIS website, where you can select the forms you need), many concerns regarding KCC issues can be directed to KCC for a more accurate response. If all else fails, then only post your concerns here, we have many valuable members here from 2011 and past years sticking around to help you, but first, please do your homework, it does not make sense for them to answer the same question a thousand times.

Also, please include your case details in your signature, that will help us give you better advice.

Last, but not the least, CONGRATULATIONS for being selected for DV2011!

Hi natta,

CONGRATS on being selected for DV2011!

Yes NL2 is the second notification letter from KCC acknowledging your intent to Adjust to Status with USCIS. The information in this letter does not fully apply to those doing Consular Processing (CP). Those doing CP will most probably receive their NL2 around the time they will become current and will have their interview date and location in that letter along with evidence they are required to bring to their interview.

NL2 for those doing Adjustment of Status (AOS) contains KCC's acknowledgment of your intention to do AOS with USCIS, PC-160 form with instructions on payment of the DV Processing fee (also called Adjustment of Status Fee Payment), and some general information about the DV process.

If you are doing AOS, and have already sent in the forms indicated on your first letter to KCC (with intention to do AOS on DSP 122), you will receive the NL2 shortly (most members have received it in 3-5 weeks).

However, I would like to emphasize that NL1 (first notification letter) is a more important document for AOS than NL2. You may, of course, include NL2 along with NL1 with your AOS package.

Hi Guys. I read most of the threads that you guys posted. I have a question, I see that you gys talk about a 2nd NL, what is that? Is that a second letter that you receive from them? What's in the letter, for those people who already received a second letter?

Thanks for the answer Izzy.
We (me and my husband , who is the winner) are doing AOS and we already sent the forms on july 12 and the AOS payment f 440$ times 2 for two people and received the receipt back with the stamp for paid and the date when it was paid and now I was wondering when we will receive the 2nd NL cause our case number is very low EU00023XX and most probably we will be current in October, at least I hope so. So now I was just wondering about the 2nd NL.

At least wait until August last week. If you do not receive 2NL by then, you can call KCC to inquire about this.

We (me and my husband , who is the winner) are doing AOS and we already sent the forms on july 12 and the AOS payment f 440$ times 2 for two people and received the receipt back with the stamp for paid and the date when it was paid and now I was wondering when we will receive the 2nd NL cause our case number is very low EU00023XX and most probably we will be current in October, at least I hope so. So now I was just wondering about the 2nd NL.

Hi natta,

As I stated earlier, allow a few weeks before you get your NL2. KCC is usually very busy but at the same time, very efficient, if you still haven't heard from them after about a month since you sent in the forms, then contact KCC. Don't worry, you still have time. You will be able to see cut-off CN range in the up-coming visa bulletin (September 2010). However, be advised that you cannot submit your AOS package to Chicago lockbox prior to October 1, 2010 (if you are current on October). Meanwhile, you can focus on preparing your documents so that you have everything ready to mail on time.

Also, please include your case details/timeline in your signature (your case number, FO if known, NL1 received date, forms sent, etc.) from the Forum Action>Edit profile>Edit Signature and save. This will give us better idea to offer better suggestions, and of course, it will be helpful to other users.

Hi,
Does anybody know if you can have two pending I-485? or one pending EB application and then a DV I-485?

Thanks

AS 201100006XXX
NL1-5/08/10
NL2-7/02/10

Hello,
Does anyone know why they started the case number with a lot lower numbers for years before 2010 and higher numbers in 2010? like for Asia it started with 7000 in october for 2010 and 2900 for 2009? I wonder how it is going to be this year.

Thanks

AS 201100006XXX
NL1-5/08/10
NL2-7/02/10

Probably the best way to find the answer to that question, you should better call the USCIS office where you submite the aplication.

Hi all,
I have several questions and was wondering if anyone can help. I am already in US and currently working in H1B status.

I got selected online but I did not receive any letter in mail so I don't have Case#. However after contacting KCC they emailed me saying to fill out the form in here (travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4756.html) and send them. As going thru the website, I notice that I can directly apply to USCIS instead of going thru KCC (as written on the very bottom of the website).

From Website:
Diversity visa selectee already in the United States >> When the principal (primary) diversity visa selectee is already physically present in the U.S., you may be eligible to apply to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for adjustment of status. Click Adjust Status to learn more.

Once I clicked on the adjust status link, it says that I can go thru USCIS if I am eligible.

Is it true that I don't need to mail any documents to KCC and simply go thru USCIS as stated in the website? Any help would be great. Thanks

I don't think that is really possible, because in order to apply with the USCIS, you need the letter you receive from them as a proof that you where selected and you also need to know your case number in order to know when it will be current so you can apply with the USCIS for a Adjustment of Status.

I don't think that is really possible, because in order to apply with the USCIS, you need the letter you receive from them as a proof that you where selected and you also need to know your case number in order to know when it will be current so you can apply with the USCIS for a Adjustment of Status.

Thank you prompt response.

Are you by any chance in US as well. If yes,
1. When they ask you to send high school diploma, do I need to get it notarized? Can I send undergrad and grad degree certificate as well?
2. Which carrier (USPS, DHL or .... ) did you use to mail the documents fast and reliable?

Thank you once again

Yes, I am in the US, but I am not the winner, my husband is. So regarding the High school diploma, we are translating everything from our native language into English, by a person who is authorized to translate from our native language into English. Regarding the mail, I used USPS to send the paperwork ,but choose to send it quick in order to be there in 2-3 days, not just regular mail.

Yes, I am in the US, but I am not the winner, my husband is. So regarding the High school diploma, we are translating everything from our native language into English, by a person who is authorized to translate from our native language into English. Regarding the mail, I used USPS to send the paperwork ,but choose to send it quick in order to be there in 2-3 days, not just regular mail.

Thank you very much

Ma bucur pentru voi, sa speram ca totul va fi bine. Eu nu sunt castigatoarea, dar sotl este si santem ambii in state si stim cat de greu ese sa obtii acte aici.
Si eu te felicit si sa speram ca o sa apara cat mai multi romani printre castigatorii din anul acesta.E un lucru foarte mare sa castigi loteria vizelor si stii si tu ,la fel ca si mine, cat e de greu sa obtii GC prin alte mijloace.Sa speram ca lucrurile vor decurge bine pentru toata lumea.Hai ca mai tinem legatura.Sa auzim numai de bine.

I was just replying to the message of my Romanian friend.We wish each other good luck!

Hey guys, I see that when talking about AOS everyone is talking about Chicago LockBox, so that means that we have to send I-485 when our case is current there, not to the local USCIS office that I would think will further process our application?
Thanks and waiting for an answer.

Yes, it is sent to Chicago Lockbox (read I-485 instructions) that acts as a mailroom/sorting/data entry/collection/fee receipt facility that will check for accuracy and completeness, and will be forwarded to National Benefits Center if all criteria is met, this is where your file will be checked for visa availability, eligibility, adjudication of I-765 and I-131, background checks, and then forwarded to FO for interview (the result of which is entered into the NBC system). Here is a link (courtesy of our senior 2010 member):

http://soniacol.com/practice/docs/nbc.htm

Hey guys, I see that when talking about AOS everyone is talking about Chicago LockBox, so that means that we have to send I-485 when our case is current there, not to the local USCIS office that I would think will further process our application?
Thanks and waiting for an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Felicitari si voua natta. Sunt cinci castigatori din Romania care au postat aici pe forum.
Your number is quite low. You will be current in October most likely. Yes, you have to send the AOS package to the Chicago Lockbox. Just do not send anything before October 1st when the new fiscal year starts.
Ma bucur pentru voi, sa speram ca totul va fi bine. Eu nu sunt castigatoarea, dar sotl este si santem ambii in state si stim cat de greu ese sa obtii acte aici.

Hi everyone. I have kind of a problem, so I have some questions that I hope I ca find an answer here.
1. Once you send the DSP-122 and the DS-230 for AOS for two people (husbnd and wife) and the AOS fee of $440 x2 is it still posible to do CP instead of AOS if the main applicant has to go home urgently?
2.Is it possible for the main applicant to do CP while his wife in the US does AOS.
Please help this is really important.
thank you