• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

ear all,
I am a DV 2011 winner and doing AOS. My case was current for Feb, and my biometrics was done in March 21. I have been waiting for the interview letter to come. When I looked at other cases posted here, the interview letter has mostly arrived within a month from the date of biometrics. Does any one have any idea how long it will take? Thank you very much.

There is no hard and fast rule about issuing time of interview letter. I called USCIS about this matter for several time. They told me that they take it seriously if 50 days are passed after the biometrics. I suggest you to do the following:

a) Call KCC and make sure that your files are transferred to USCIS.
b) Call USCIS and make sure that your files are received by your FO.
c) Do infopass in your FO. (I don't know how much effective it is going to be)

Btw. please have your signature, so that people can help you better.

ear all,
I am a DV 2011 winner and doing AOS. My case was current for Feb, and my biometrics was done in March 21. I have been waiting for the interview letter to come. When I looked at other cases posted here, the interview letter has mostly arrived within a month from the date of biometrics. Does any one have any idea how long it will take? Thank you very much.

I think that you should not worry too much as first of all you still have time and second it is not that bad, if you look at my signature it took aroun month and a half after the biometrics to get the interview letter, so good luck and keep checking the mail box, it will be there when you expect it less.

ear all,

Hello all,

I received my green card today. Finally the end of that road, and the beginning of a new one. Will stick around to help out and give updates on my husband's case as it can help someone else filing AOS separately. Same thing for my stepdaughter that will do CP after I file the I-824.
Thank you all for your contributions; they help us throughout the entire process.

Leynabee, congratulations, enjoy your new status and good luck with your husband's case.

I was just wondering if you can shed the light on how you've managed the issue with the file not being requested from KCC. I'm in the same position right now and hope you can share your steps to get the file from KCC to your local FO.

Thank you,
Hello all,

I received my green card today. Finally the end of that road, and the beginning of a new one. Will stick around to help out and give updates on my husband's case as it can help someone else filing AOS separately. Same thing for my stepdaughter that will do CP after I file the I-824.
Thank you all for your contributions; they help us throughout the entire process.

Dimus, when was the last time you called KCC?

Leynabee, congratulations, enjoy your new status and good luck with your husband's case.

I was just wondering if you can shed the light on how you've managed the issue with the file not being requested from KCC. I'm in the same position right now and hope you can share your steps to get the file from KCC to your local FO.

Thank you,

Congrats!!! I hope, your husband will get it soon.

Hello all,

They said they don't have any requests and obviously they have not sent the file yet. The FO said last Friday that they sent my file to KCC by fax. Not sure how much time it can take to take paper from the fax and send the file back.

What you mean no records? Did they say it has not been transferred or not requested yet?

As many have said here, you have plenty of time. Be patient and give that 30-50 days.
Please add a signature and your details on the spreadsheet at:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

ear all,

Thank you very much.
I would not worry much if the one you lost is the old I-20. If you lost your current I-20, then get a new one from your school as soon as you can. They usually provide it in couple of days. Hope this helps.

Yoni123, Just wondering what your FO is? I think there was one other person under 245 (i) did he or she complete processing?

Good Luck everyone who received their GCs and Welcome Letters...! We are indeed blessed and should not take it for granted :)

As many have said here, you have plenty of time. Be patient and give that 30-50 days.
Please add a signature and your details on the spreadsheet at:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tNhB2CVZoq1u42Zedti0PLw&hl=en&authkey=CKu6h5UN#gid=0

Hi Dimus,

thanks and of course, I'll explain what happened. I thought I shared it somewhere after my interview, but I'll do it one more time:

At the interview, the officer said that he won't be able to approve me on the spot because he didn't get my file from KCC even though it was requested. He said that he will call them the next day as it was late in the afternoon already. Mind you the interview was on April 13th.
On the 14th, I called KCC, waited for a little over 10mns and then, a lady answered my questions regarding my file. She said that they received a fax explaining why I paid $880 (for 2 people) instead of $1,320 (for 3), that my stepdaughter was home and will be doing CP after I get my case approved. She added that my file had been forwarded to my FO that same morning.
I called my lawyer since he seemed puzzled, and asked him if he was the one that sent the fax to KCC, he said no, and I guess I was lucky. The officer did all that.

Maybe you need to wait a few more days, as my timeline is 4/13/11 to 4/26/11 so 13 days to CPO. But it's weird that they don't even know. The officer that interviewed you could have intervene, but you can only see him via infopass (that's what mine told my lawyer). I'm hoping you'll get CPO next week the latest. Hang in there. But call them again maybe tomorrow.

Thank you,

Thank you, Leynabee. Appreciate your help, I've read your previous post but this post gives a little bit more info.

Will certainly call KCC again and keep you all here updated.

Hi Dimus,

thanks and of course, I'll explain what happened. I thought I shared it somewhere after my interview, but I'll do it one more time:

At the interview, the officer said that he won't be able to approve me on the spot because he didn't get my file from KCC even though it was requested. He said that he will call them the next day as it was late in the afternoon already. Mind you the interview was on April 13th.
On the 14th, I called KCC, waited for a little over 10mns and then, a lady answered my questions regarding my file. She said that they received a fax explaining why I paid $880 (for 2 people) instead of $1,320 (for 3), that my stepdaughter was home and will be doing CP after I get my case approved. She added that my file had been forwarded to my FO that same morning.
I called my lawyer since he seemed puzzled, and asked him if he was the one that sent the fax to KCC, he said no, and I guess I was lucky. The officer did all that.

Maybe you need to wait a few more days, as my timeline is 4/13/11 to 4/26/11 so 13 days to CPO. But it's weird that they don't even know. The officer that interviewed you could have intervene, but you can only see him via infopass (that's what mine told my lawyer). I'm hoping you'll get CPO next week the latest. Hang in there. But call them again maybe tomorrow.

Congratulations for getting the card, still a little bit to go for your familly as you are waiting for your husband's card and the stepdaughter, so good luck on the process for you familly.

Hello all,

Dimus, how many people are in your e-dv?

Thank you, Leynabee. Appreciate your help, I've read your previous post but this post gives a little bit more info.

Will certainly call KCC again and keep you all here updated.

hey guys, it is so interesting to see the new dv 2012 winners, I feel like we are all graduating and that the new generation is coming behind us, same questions, same discussions, same steps that we had since the begining in the forum. :) its nice to know that you can help.
Congratulations to those who got their welcome letters this week.

Hi Natta,

I'm a DV-2012 winner, and would like to thank you - and everybody else on this forum - for all of your work and advice! I've read the 2011 forum up to about page 80, and now feel like I know (nearly) everything about the process. Thank you so, so much!

I do still have one question though. I've already sent DS-122, 2 photos, etc., off to the KCC. I also know that I can't travel after submitting I-485 on October 1st. But was it ever settled whether we can travel *between now and October 1st*? There was some discussion of it being risky on the first few pages. But did anyone ever try? If so, what were their experiences?

Thanks for your advice!

-happywinner

P.S: I'm on an F1 visa.