• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

hey, you are really welcome, we were lucky enough to have someone help us when we started a year ago, so now it is time for us to help others in a way to thank the forum for everything. So in regards to traveling, I think you should be fine as long as you have a valid F1 visa I dont see why not. The forms you sent to Kcc dont mean anything till you actually start the AOS process. Good luck

Hi Natta,

I'm a DV-2012 winner, and would like to thank you - and everybody else on this forum - for all of your work and advice! I've read the 2011 forum up to about page 80, and now feel like I know (nearly) everything about the process. Thank you so, so much!

I do still have one question though. I've already sent DS-122, 2 photos, etc., off to the KCC. I also know that I can't travel after submitting I-485 on October 1st. But was it ever settled whether we can travel *between now and October 1st*? There was some discussion of it being risky on the first few pages. But did anyone ever try? If so, what were their experiences?

Thanks for your advice!

-happywinner

P.S: I'm on an F1 visa.

Thanks natta. Yeah, you are right, it's been almost a year now I am around....:)

Congrats feel, its your time now. I feel like you've been around for so long, so it is time to get the interview. Really happy for you.

Hello everybody,
One of my friends won DV-2012 lottery and would like to do CP. She wants to come to USA and marry her boyfriend who already lives here. He is in H1-B status. My question is: Can he do AOS after she comes to USA and become LPR? Her case number is really low. Please let me know what you think. If she cannot do so, what do you suggest in this scenario? Where can I find documentation and discussions on this regard? Thank you in advance for your input.

Actually the main concern is, whether KCC is going to allow her boyfriend to open and proceed file or not. What I assume that she probably applied alone for DV 2012. As long I know KCC does not allow the file of spouse to process if the marriage date is after the application of DV. I dont know whether any exception is possible.

Hello everybody,
One of my friends won DV-2012 lottery and would like to do CP. She wants to come to USA and marry her boyfriend who already lives here. He is in H1-B status. My question is: Can he do AOS after she comes to USA and become LPR? Her case number is really low. Please let me know what you think. If she cannot do so, what do you suggest in this scenario? Where can I find documentation and discussions on this regard? Thank you in advance for your input.

i know person who won dv lottery then married and both get GC. But they did CP. I think her boyfrien has to go backhome and both do CP.
Hello everybody,

Hello Everyone,

I'm a DV-2011 winner and had my interview on 3/23. No decision has been made since my background check has been pending (but everything else looked good)
It's been over a month, and I still don't have my card. Today I called USCIS and they told me my background has been clear and they are going to expedite my case (which may take up to 2 weeks) -since I will be traveling in June.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I see people getting their cards after a week of their successful interviews, I can't believe mine is in its 6th week!

Thanks for your help,

Beril

2 scenarios -

Get married prior to submitting I-485 with spouse on DV application.
Advantage - FAST
Disadvantage - More scrutiny about validity of relationship

Get married after getting the GC -
Advantage - Less scrutiny
Disadvantage - Takes much much longer

Hello everybody,

Congrats.
Did your online status change to CPO/PDA or it is still at acceptance or initial review?

Thanks feel. Actually it has been stuck at Post Decision Activity the last couple of weeks. Any idea when it would convert to CPO/PDA. Surprisingly Ive already received my card.

I know this is a forum for dv2011 winners, but i have a question, i'm a dv2012 winner and i know CN numbers for dv2012 winners are not current till October, but when the September bulletin comes out in August like it does and it says your CN number is current in October, can you send your AOS application/documents in August or you will have to wait till October to send it??

Finally

Green card received in the mail today. Thank you to everyone for the support community. It has been most wonderful and comforting to go through the whole process with people in similar situations.