• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

It is always good to have a copy with you on the day of the interview. Just in case. Why do not you ask for a copy of your I-693 from the civil surgeon now? If they do not give it to you, do not worry much since you have already submitted the original. I got mine without any problems.

Hi all,
On my interview appointment letter, medical examination form in a sealed envelope is one of the required documents to bring to the interview. But, the doctor only gave me one envelope which I submitted with my AOS application package. Do I need to get a copy from him and bring it in to the interview?
Thanks so much in advance for the inputs.

Hi
-What does the NL 2 contain?
-Also, can I send my DV fee before receiving NL 2?

What are the eligibility requirements for filling the I-131 ( Advance Parole)? I read some where that you are eligible to fill it if either
1) You are filling it concurrently with the I-485
2)You are filling it after you fill the I-485

Can someone please confirm this for me. The reason I ask this is that I have an internship in Europe this summer and will be back in August, but I plan to send in my DSP-122 before leaving. If the above is correct, I can leave and enter the US with my F-1 status without any problems.
Thanx

For people adjusting their F-1 status, what did you tick for (6) in the DSP - 122. ie Check the highest level of EDUCATION COMPLETED? High school right. that is if you haven't yet graduated from the US college

I already saw your questions in different threads. Here are the answers:
1. NL2 is not that important when your are doing AOS here in USA. It is just a confirmation letter sent by KCC with your intention to do AOS with USCIS.
2. Yes, you can send it right now. Read this: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html
3. I-131 can only be filed together with I-485 or after you got the receipt for it. So, that would be sometimes after Oct 1, 2011. You cannot apply for it now.
4. I am not sure if just sending the DSP-122 would affect your future entry to USA for AOS. Why do not you email KCC and ask about this and also let us know?
But again, if I were you I would send DSP-122, photos and fees all at the same time after I come back in August. It should not delay your case because you would not need any documents except the receipt for $440 (#2) which I think you will get within a month after sending the payment to DOS.

Hi
-What does the NL 2 contain?
-Also, can I send my DV fee before receiving NL 2?

What are the eligibility requirements for filling the I-131 ( Advance Parole)? I read some where that you are eligible to fill it if either
1) You are filling it concurrently with the I-485
2)You are filling it after you fill the I-485

Can someone please confirm this for me. The reason I ask this is that I have an internship in Europe this summer and will be back in August, but I plan to send in my DSP-122 before leaving. If the above is correct, I can leave and enter the US with my F-1 status without any problems.
Thanx

Yes, if that is what you have until now. If you are doing undergraduate degree here, mention that too. Just write "currently" in the "to" field.

For people adjusting their F-1 status, what did you tick for (6) in the DSP - 122. ie Check the highest level of EDUCATION COMPLETED? High school right. that is if you haven't yet graduated from the US college

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
In the form DS 230, where it says Name and address of Petitioner, do I put my name since I am the selectee?

That is correct. Now listen, please go though this forum from Page 1 and try to get as much information as you can. We are at the end of FY 2011(from almost a year ago here) and your question could be little awkward in this thread. With no offense, again, I would like to ask you to read this thread from page 1 and if you still have questions, please post it to DV 2012 AOS Only or similiar thread.

Hi
In the form DS 230, where it says Name and address of Petitioner, do I put my name since I am the selectee?

Finally received my welcome letter today in the mail (Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!). It says I should receive my card in another 3 weeks. No CPO status change yet.

Hi guys,

I sent my medicals (with other docs to Chicago (from Alaska) on April 18, 2011, and they received it on April 19 (I sent it with Express Mail), but I still have not heard anything back. Did I do something wrong?

I sent the following documents (see below), and there are two things that I am worried about now:
1. My foreign passport expired in January 2011, and I am renewing it but didn't get the new one yet, so I sent copies (with visas and so on) of the old one.
2. I did my medicals in June 2010.

Here is the list of the docs I sent:

1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,070 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($985) and Biometrics ($85).
3. Two identical color photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Copy of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization.
7. Copy of Employment Authorization Card.
8. Copy of DV2011 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
9. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
10. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
11. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $440 to Department of State.
12. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
13. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
14. Copy of I-20 form from the University of Alaska, Anchorage.
15. Copy of US nonimmigrant student Visa.
16. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
17. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of Driver's License.
20. Copy of Social Security Card.

What do you think, guys? Any advice would be highly appreciated, as I am thinking of putting together a new batch of docs before I have time :(.

I waited for 21 days. So hang in there. I think you will get it by the end of next week. Remember to have your passport renewed before your interview.

Hi guys,

I sent my medicals (with other docs to Chicago (from Alaska) on April 18, 2011, and they received it on April 19 (I sent it with Express Mail), but I still have not heard anything back. Did I do something wrong?

I sent the following documents (see below), and there are two things that I am worried about now:
1. My foreign passport expired in January 2011, and I am renewing it but didn't get the new one yet, so I sent copies (with visas and so on) of the old one.

10. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.

What do you think, guys? Any advice would be highly appreciated, as I am thinking of putting together a new batch of docs before I have time :(.

Looks fine. You still need to wait few more days. You should contact USCIS 30 days after sending I-485. Otherwise, they will not respond.

Hi guys,