• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I hope he'll get the answer soon. My lawyer told me I could apply on September 22 (1 day before my visa expiration), but he said it was very risky because some FO are very strict
about applying earlier. So, I preferred to pay extra to have a new and approved H1 faster than to risk.

Approved!! :) ! &@$

Hey guys, I just came back from my interview. It was very easy. She opened the i-485 form and go over it to verify (name, address, tel, any illegal entry questions..) It took 5 mins.

Then she said that she approved my greencard and that I have to wait my letter & card which will be sent in 90 days from Kentucky.
According to this forums post, I think they will send sooner

I hope you all will have an easy interview!

Hey guys, I just came back from my interview. It was very easy. She opened the i-485 form and go over it to verify (name, address, tel, any illegal entry questions..) It took 5 mins.

Then she said that she approved my greencard and that I have to wait my letter & card which will be sent in 90 days from Kentucky.

Congrats !!!

Congrats! Has your status moved to CPO by now?

First of all: Congrats to NirvanaGrunger !!! Now here comes my question
I received the NOA today but I noticed my A# is totally different than my A# on my OPT and H1B application. Is it okay? Anyone had a similar situation? My husband A# did not change from his previous application...

This is normal. I had the same situation. You are assigned a new A# based on AOS.

First of all: Congrats to NirvanaGrunger !!! Now here comes my question
I received the NOA today but I noticed my A# is totally different than my A# on my OPT and H1B application. Is it okay? Anyone had a similar situation? My husband A# did not change from his previous application...

onebowloflaksa,
Since my cn is about EU29xxx, I wonder if every region is going from 0 to last or is it one number for all regions.
I mean could there be cn like 2011AS001005 and 2011EU001005 at the same time?
Looking at the North America 18...and their number in the VB, it all makes sense that every region has its own numbers. Then a cn of 29xxx in EU should not become current at all, as there are about 85000 numbers before it....
Heck, even EU of 15000 should barely make it to Sep 2011...
However, we all know that EU is already at 13000 or so.
How can you explain that?
Thanks all, and good luck.

I was curious of the figures for each region and added them up with the help of excel:

AFRICA - 51,004
ASIA - 14,999
EUROPE - 30,999
NORTH AMERICA (i.e. Bahamas) - 18
OCEANIA - 1600
SOUTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, CARIBBEANS - 2001

A maximum of seven percent available to persons born in any single country. Information can be found at

SO to answer your question, numbers go from 1 to 100,000 for all the regions together, there is not the same case number for AS and EU for example. There is only on CN 15,000 and it happens to be from Europe and so on. The numbers are random.

onebowloflaksa,
Since my cn is about EU29xxx, I wonder if every region is going from 0 to last or is it one number for all regions.
I mean could there be cn like 2011AS001005 and 2011EU001005 at the same time?
Looking at the North America 18...and their number in the VB, it all makes sense that every region has its own numbers. Then a cn of 29xxx in EU should not become current at all, as there are about 85000 numbers before it....
Heck, even EU of 15000 should barely make it to Sep 2011...
However, we all know that EU is already at 13000 or so.
How can you explain that?
Thanks all, and good luck.

Thanks natta,
It makes sense.
And based on that, it is logical that as long as your number is less than 50,000, one should be able to obtain the GC.
That is based on the assumption that they do give out about the allocated 50,000 per year. Also, it is a fact that some/many do not explore the DV even after they won, so people with cn higher than 50,000 should be able to get the GC.
Am i correct?

SO to answer your question, numbers go from 1 to 100,000 for all the regions together, there is not the same case number for AS and EU for example. There is only on CN 15,000 and it happens to be from Europe and so on. The numbers are random.

Thanks natta,
It makes sense.
And based on that, it is logical that as long as your number is less than 50,000, one should be able to obtain the GC.
That is based on the assumption that they do give out about the allocated 50,000 per year. Also, it is a fact that some/many do not explore the DV even after they won, so people with cn higher than 50,000 should be able to get the GC.
Am i correct?

ur right, hoping to get mine

The bottom line is: Nobody knows for sure how the numbers are allocated except DOS I guess. I suggest you to not worry much on this and hope for the best to come. Just check with the previous year trend from the VB. It may or may not help, but you can have a rough idea of what's going on. For example AS was current for all #s by September for FY 2009 and 2010 and so we can predict (probably) that the same thing might happen this year.
Good luck!

Thanks natta,
It makes sense.
Am i correct?