• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

There is a lot of information on this forum about mysterious 375$ DoS fee. I have never got such request from KCC. Nothing like that in my package... How did you guys figure out that we should pay that fee? Should I wait for a second letter from KCC or what? I decided to do AoS.

EU000020XXX

Thanks in advance!

In the Adjustment of Status page, they say that you have to pay the DV fee and they provided you with the link, http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm. when you visit the link, you will find this line:

Diversity Visa Lottery surcharge for immigrant visa application (non-refundable, per person applying as a result of the lottery program): $375.00

HI FRIENDS ,
I've done my graduation from pune .India and now I'm back in my country (Bangladesh). Now I need to get a Pcc(Police certificate) from India as I was there for more than 6 months.

But U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE website saying :
“Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India.”

Plz check the link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/re...3582.html#docs

Does that mean that I don’t need a police certificate from India??

Please give me some feedback. Thanks.

In the Adjustment of Status page, they say that you have to pay the DV fee and they provided you with the link, when you visit the link, you will find this line:

Diversity Visa Lottery surcharge for immigrant visa application (non-refundable, per person applying as a result of the lottery program): $375.00

Thanks, I saw that link, but I suppose that for any fee there should be some form to be filled. It looks silly to just write a check for DoS with my name on it and send it out without any explanations?
I am doing AoS not CP...

Thanks, I saw that link, but I suppose that for any fee there should be some form to be filled. It looks silly to just write a check for DoS with my name on it and send it out without any explanations?
I am doing AoS not CP...

Yes there is a form... at least I had one in the NL packet. It was with the instructions and had the heading "Adjustment of Status Fee Payment".

I am doing AoS not CP...

There is a form that comes with your NL package. The form that says "Adjustment of Status Fee Payment". There you will enter your personal information, address, case number, payment amout.

check the status

hello guys,

i was wondring if after july the 1st i will be able to check if i was selected or not without the confirmation number from the time of my aplication. i was stupid not to save it. plz let me know if any one has an answer

thak you

hello guys,

i was wondring if after july the 1st i will be able to check if i was selected or not without the confirmation number from the time of my aplication. i was stupid not to save it. plz let me know if any one has an answer

thak you

I sincerely doubt it. Obviously there will be numerous entries from people with the same common name eg. John Smith. For this reason I doubt you will be able to search without the confirmation number.

Got my NL in mid April 2010 for DV2010 and my case number is 2010AF00051xx. in Nigeria. when is it likely i receive the second package and the likely interview time.

Hi, I am Arifeen from Bangladesh a DV winner 2010, my case no:2010AS00011***. Just got my first letter last week. I have some questions plzz help me on that...

Q1. This is my last year of BBA but on DSP-122 item no# 6 asked for what is the highest level of education that I've complete...which on is right for me here... i) High School, No degree ii) High school Diploma iii) College, No degree iv) University Degree ?? so confusing

Q2. I am single so, how many photographs I have to attach on DSP-230 part1 and part2 ? should I have to attach 2 photos on two parts?

Q3. should I have to write my case number on the right top of the supplemental form also?

Q4. how much time I got for my first letter back to kcc, within 15 days ok for that?

plzz... reply early as possible, thanx a lot.

I know its lottery, but do they first give the NL to those who are already in the country, under another type of visa, in order to AOS? I am asking this because it looks like there are not many of us actually outside the US (in our own countries and waiting for the NL) getting it...

and btw, I'm in Portugal, this is my second year trying :)

Me too Ana ;)

Still waiting... :(

i cant save the thing i wote on ds 230 form ..Can someone sen me the one that i can save my informations?

Is there anyone who is doing AOS, sent documents to KCC and recieved a confirmation letter? I sent my dsp122 with the barcode sheet on May 16 and have not heard from them yet.

The Diversity Immigrant Visa program is a United States congressionally-mandated lottery program for receiving a United States Permanent Resident Card. It is also known as the Green Card Lottery. The lottery is administered on an annual basis by the Department of State and conducted under the terms of Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Section 131 of the Immigration Act of 1990 (Pub. L. 101-649) amended INA 203 to provide for a new class of immigrants known as "diversity immigrants" (DV immigrants). The Act makes available 50,000 permanent resident visas annually to persons from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.

Hi everybody..

I am trying to fill ds 230. I want to ask you a question about a section..I searched form the internet but i couldn't get an exact idea..What does province mean? Does it mean state? Or does it mean an area which is bigger than a city? We dont have states in turkey but we have areas bigger than states? A help will be appreciated urgently. Thanks..

I wanna add one more question I live in US if we do the consular processing and get approved in the consulate, must my husband and i should come back to us together? Or can he come before and I come later on? I am the petitioner..

Hi everybody..

I am trying to fill ds 230. I want to ask you a question about a section..I searched form the internet but i couldn't get an exact idea..What does province mean? Does it mean state? Or does it mean an area which is bigger than a city? We dont have states in turkey but we have areas bigger than states? A help will be appreciated urgently. Thanks..

Wikipedia says that there is 81 provinces in Turkey. Usually a province is an administrative area. I think that you could pick one of those 81.

"Turkey is divided into 81 provinces, called il in Turkish (plural is iller, see Turkish alphabet for capitalization of i)."

Last edited by a moderator: