• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

hi friends I've send my forms back to kcc but how do i know kcc already received them or not.I mean how to make sure kcc got the forms and they r already in process. thanks everyone. all the best.

Hi Metroloy, trace thru your courier after that, email or call to kcc to re-confirmation.
what courier did you use and what is AWB #, you may trace to courier's web.

I live in PA. Letter was dated May 28, postmarked June 9, arrived June 11.

Good luck to you

Heyy
First of all congratulations :)
I am not responding to help you out cuz I have no clue how it works sorry :/ hope somebody else will...
but I have a question if you dont mind me asking... where do you live in the US ? and how long did the letter took to get to your place?
I am in IL on F1 student visa still waiting for the notification letter... I lost hope.. but now seems that they just started sending them out of the ones from Africa residing in U.S
I'd appreciate it if you could clarify that point to me ;)

Thank you...

I just got the letter in the mail today stating I have been selected in the DV lottery stage. I am legally in the US on an F1 visa and got my letter at my current US address.

I graduated from an Associates program in nursing, got my RN license and worked for one year under OPT. Now I'm back in school and today I got the letter.

So my question is, should I do AOS or should I do CP? I am guessing I qualify for AOS because I've remained in status (my visa is expired but my I20 is current and always has been). I am a little concerned because my number is high, in the 70,000 range and I'm from Africa, so I don't know which option is better for me.

If I opt to not do AOS, will I have to go back to my country for interviews and all that or can it be done here?

Looking forward to your advice and recommendations.

thanks

Muffin

Firstly congrats. Quick question did you receive a registered letter from USPS or did it come in standard mail form ?

thanks

Thanks for all the warm responses! For those of you who are still waiting...it's not over yet, so have faith!

hi DC2020 congrats.how do u know ur forms r received by the kcc?did u mail them or call?

I've also send my forms to kcc on 1st June but dont know whether they received my forms or not. so plz help me with the information. thanks man.

Last edited by a moderator:

hi DC2020 congrats.how do u know ur forms r received by the kcc?did u mail them or call?

I've also send my forms to kcc on 1st June but dont know whether they received my forms or not. so plz help me with the information. thanks man.

do not be in a haste. my form was confirmed delivered by the postal agency i used on the 12th of may.But i still wanted to confirm from kcc if they have received my form.So i sent them mail on the 4th of June.They replied and told me i should wait for weeks before making enquiry, they they lots of form they are processing at the moment.So if you just sent yours on the Ist of June, i would advise you wait till month end. Or if you doubt me, you can go ahead.

do not be in a haste. my form was confirmed delivered by the postal agency i used on the 12th of may.But i still wanted to confirm from kcc if they have received my form.So i sent them mail on the 4th of June.They replied and told me i should wait for weeks before making enquiry, they they lots of form they are processing at the moment.So if you just sent yours on the Ist of June, i would advise you wait till month end. Or if you doubt me, you can go ahead.

gasper2000 thanks man.
if that is the case then how com lots of people in the forum r saying and even giving the date on which the Kcc have received their forms!!!!!!!!!

and another thing is if after 1 month i post my inquiry and kcc tells me that we dont have ur forms then would they give me a second chance to resend the forms???????????

You should have had the foresight to send by courier. That way, your package will be tracked. No offence but all your posts here give the impression you really don't know what you're doing. Not difficult to read through previous posts as well as use some judgement and/or do independent research. All the answers are pretty much here. I am not criticising you but precision equals smooth process.

gasper2000 thanks man.
if that is the case then how com lots of people in the forum r saying and even giving the date on which the Kcc have received their forms!!!!!!!!!

and another thing is if after 1 month i post my inquiry and kcc tells me that we dont have ur forms then would they give me a second chance to resend the forms???????????

i have read the signature of most guys who mailed kcc to confirm receipt of their forms.Some even waited for 2months before they did that.Look at the signature of VINESOFT in ghana's thread and SUNNYAJE in 2009 nigeria's thread.

secondly, if kcc says your form was not received you can fill and send to them another form.

Hi Muffin,

First congrats on your selection for the DV-2010! I sent my forms through Fedex, so I have a confirmation of delivery with name and signature of the person who received my forms @ KCC. You can always send them an email (see the address mentioned in your NL) to ask them if they received your forms. No harm in asking right? :)

deadline.........

I am in bangladesh and got the letters from KCC just yesterday. i read the documents and what i understand is that i need to fill up the forms and send it back to KCC. I don't need to attach any photos of documents with that. am i right ? please answer, as i am just a novice in this area.
another question is that, what is the deadline to send it to KCC.
thanks in advance for any answers.

I am in bangladesh and got the letters from KCC just yesterday. i read the documents and what i understand is that i need to fill up the forms and send it back to KCC. I don't need to attach any photos of documents with that. am i right ? please answer, as i am just a novice in this area.
another question is that, what is the deadline to send it to KCC.
thanks in advance for any answers.

Read the documents well. You need to attach photos.

Hey all!

Its 14th of June... I still hope about NL. OH God!
Guys, do you still receive letters in USA? Did any1 get letter in Seattle?
Thank all!

thank you very much for the info, i just read that and found that u are terribly right. if you dont mind i have another question.

------> i received the instruction manual, the forms and along with them an almost blank sheet with barcode and a number. i am supposed to send it back to KCC. but along it another letter like sheet addressing me, am i supposed to send it to them too? answers would be highly appreciated.

previous question again, what is the deadline to send them to KCC?

Originally Posted by ammeck09

thank you very much for the info, i just read that and found that u are terribly right. if you dont mind i have another question.

------> i received the instruction manual, the forms and along with them an almost blank sheet with barcode and a number. i am supposed to send it back to KCC. but along it another letter like sheet addressing me, am i supposed to send it to them too? answers would be highly appreciated.

previous question again, what is the deadline to send them to KCC?

No, you don't need to send that KCC. You have to retain that letter and take it with you to your visa interview.

Only the completed forms, photos, barcode, all in one envelope. Don't forget to use the enclosed return address lable.

Hello everybody!
My girlfriend got her NL on May 10, 2009, but she sent her aplication to KCC today June 14,2009. Can such a delay cause problems or not? Her case number is 2010EU000013XX. what matters more, her case number or the date when she sent her application to KCC.
Thank you

Hello everybody!
My girlfriend got her NL on May 10, 2009, but she sent her aplication to KCC today June 14,2009. Can such a delay cause problems or not? Her case number is 2010EU000013XX. what matters more, her case number or the date when she sent her application to KCC.
Thank you

No problem dear. Enjoy !