• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

It's very refreshing reading all the successful stories in this forum. Thanks to the almighty for granting us this opportunity. I wish all those who have had successful interviews journey mercies as they embark on traveling to Obamaland, and to those yet to have their interviews - I wish you luck.

Well, I received my Social Security Card today (Sept. 17). I am yet to recieve my Green Card but hopeful it will not be long.

I live far from Baltimore city so having access to Internet cafes is difficult. I just signed up for an internet, phone and TV services and hopefully within some few days I will be constantly online.

Stay blessed.

Ammeck, this is good news. Please let's link up @ the right time. Regards to the family.

House,

My wife received her social security card yesterday, 17th sept, 2010. I hope mine will drop in the mail box somewhere next week.

Hi guys
I want to take this opportunity to congratulate all that have seen God's favour in the entire DV process. And those yet to be interviewed I wish you success.

I just have one quiz, is it possible to open a bank account in US before getting social security card or green card?

Hi guys
I want to take this opportunity to congratulate all that have seen God's favour in the entire DV process. And those yet to be interviewed I wish you success.

I just have one quiz, is it possible to open a bank account in US before getting social security card or green card?

To open a bank account, you need a prove of ID (GC, Passport or Driving license) and a SS number. Without these I don't think it will be possible.

The last man standing for DV 2010 on this forum (probably) has finally had his interview. Please join me in giving thanks to the Almighty for granting us success in the interview. For our friends remaining, ensure that your docs are genuine and up to date, do not be over anxious, be confident and the visa shall be yours.
We got to the embassy around 6.45 am and were the 1st in the queue. Embassy opened by 7.30 and by 7.40 we were in the building having gone thru security formalities. Our no was called in less that 15 mins and we did our pay'ts and all our docs were scrutinised after which we were asked to take our seats. We were called to be interviewed around 9 and I must admit that this was more of a conversation between myself, my spouse and the CO after which she said welcome to America. Folks that is it. Wth God on your side, who can be against you. Thank you all, you have all been an inspiration.

Congrats DonKay, I'm happy for you for getting through your interview and the possibility of joining us here. Wish you all the best.

Well guys, this is the best time for me to give my traveling experience and observation so far in the US.

As most of you are aware, I left the UK on 31 August by Virgin Atlantic. The journey was smooth except the baggage restrictions which was a problem (restriction is 1 piece of baggage and the maximum weigth is 23kgs, hand luggage is 6kgs). Our plane took of exactly 1pm UK time and by seven and half hours we were in the US. A relative met us at the airport and took us home. We stayed in his apartment for two weeks when my own application for an apartment was approved. We moved in last week and so far everything is moving alright.

Guys you need to prepare well before coming here especially if you are moving with your family. If you have someone who is prepared to accomodate you for sometime until you get work before moving then you will be fine. You need a car before you can move around here and without it and internet your stay here will be difficult.

Well guys, this is the best time for me to give my traveling experience and observation so far in the US.

As most of you are aware, I left the UK on 31 August by Virgin Atlantic. The journey was smooth except the baggage restrictions which was a problem (restriction is 1 piece of baggage and the maximum weigth is 23kgs, hand luggage is 6kgs). Our plane took of exactly 1pm UK time and by seven and half hours we were in the US. A relative met us at the airport and took us home. We stayed in his apartment for two weeks when my own application for an apartment was approved. We moved in last week and so far everything is moving alright.

Guys you need to prepare well before coming here especially if you are moving with your family. If you have someone who is prepared to accomodate you for sometime until you get work before moving then you will be fine. You need a car before you can move around here and without it and internet your stay here will be difficult.

Ammeck how were u able to rent an apartment so soon??? pls let me kno

Yea I believe the good fortunes that was with members on this forum has followed them to the US.
Alexee and Ammeck congrats on the progress that you're making

Ammeck how were u able to rent an apartment so soon??? pls let me kno

I remember one of Ammeck's threads indicated that he and his wife made enough savings before their visa fee payment. That really I believe, made him rent an apartment a fortnight after his arrival. Peace! Benniit

It's very refreshing reading all the successful stories in this forum. Thanks to the almighty for granting us this opportunity. I wish all those who have had successful interviews journey mercies as they embark on traveling to Obamaland, and to those yet to have their interviews - I wish you luck.

Well, I received my Social Security Card today (Sept. 17). I am yet to recieve my Green Card but hopeful it will not be long.

I live far from Baltimore city so having access to Internet cafes is difficult. I just signed up for an internet, phone and TV services and hopefully within some few days I will be constantly online.

Stay blessed.

We thank God that things are moving on smoothly over there for you.

Thanks for the advice ammeck09.We will make sure no stone is left unturned before we get there.

Hi DonKay, how are you doing? Please, I have two questions for you.

1.Did you take your children with you to embassy?

2.Did you submit AOS at the interview?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. Stay blessed.

Hi DonKay, how are you doing? Please, I have two questions for you.

1.Did you take your children with you to embassy?

2.Did you submit AOS at the interview?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. Stay blessed.

Hi Vic N CJ,

I'm doing fine. The courier just delivered my parcel with the visas stamped.
I did not take the children with me to the embassy and it was not a problem. I however met other DV applicants with their children so I believe its what will make it convenient for you.
I submitted AOS (as proof of funds). The gentleman who checked the documents also asked if I had any other proof of funds. I had my bank statement from Ghana and my spouses statement from the UK which I added. He also requested if my sponser had a letter from employees. I had one so I submitted.

Actually what I did was to get all available documents and put the required ones in one pack and the others that may be required in another pack. Thus if they don't ask I don't submit but if they ask I have them with me.

guys pls help me out wit this alien registration number... the number i hav on my visa does not start wit an "A"

I do not think you hav to worry yourself over this issue. The A-number on the visa does not begin with an A. I'm sure the immigration officers know this judging from the type of visa you hold. Mine does not begin with an A as well.