• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Worry not, Oliseh

OLISEH,Victory is in the hands of God the Father Almighty.We are all with u in prayers but i want assure u that God has done it already.

The best Listener of mankind listened to you when you were in the womb of your mom. Assuredly, the battle has already been interceded by Him. You're a victor, man. Peace! Benniit.

Hi All,

For all those who went for their interviews already, can yo plz assist me in answering this question.
When you got to the embassy before the guards let you in, did you have to show them the 2nd NL? i have read some posts on this forum where people say they had to show their passports and interview letter to the guards and they were allowed to go inside. is the interview letter the 2nd NL?

The embassy has requested all documents to be submitted before the interview day except for the medicals which must be submitted on the day of interview, now does it mean that she MUST also submit the I-134 Affidavit of support together with all the documents? or it is not neccessary as long as she takes it with her to the interview just incase they request to see it?

Please please your assistance will be appreciated as my aunt's interview is in 2 weeks time.
Thank you all.

Hi All,

For all those who went for their interviews already, can yo plz assist me in answering this question.
When you got to the embassy before the guards let you in, did you have to show them the 2nd NL? i have read some posts on this forum where people say they had to show their passports and interview letter to the guards and they were allowed to go inside. is the interview letter the 2nd NL?

The embassy has requested all documents to be submitted before the interview day except for the medicals which must be submitted on the day of interview, now does it mean that she MUST also submit the I-134 Affidavit of support together with all the documents? or it is not neccessary as long as she takes it with her to the interview just incase they request to see it?

Please please your assistance will be appreciated as my aunt's interview is in 2 weeks time.
Thank you all.

Which country are you having your interview?

The 2nd letter is the same as the interview letter. At the entrance of the embassy you need your interview letter/2nd letter and your passports to gain access to the embassy compound.

The affidavit of support can be sent on the same day of the interview. Did the embassy listed the documents to submit for the interview?

Delay021
Amen and Praise to be to The Lord God of Abraham, Jacob and Isaac for seeing you through. This is the same God that made way in the Red sea, provided water in the desert for the children of Israel and also gave manna from the heaven.
The same God will see me through on 7th.

Delay021,OUR GOD never fail.He is faithful and worhty of OUR praises.We are very happy for you and ur entire household;CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oliseh,for those who trust in the Lord shall be like mount Zion that can't be moved.Because,u believe,ur interview is already a success and you will surelly come hear and testify cos we are already praising God for your success.

Go and get it.the Lord has already perfected ALL that concerns you.It is well with ur body,soul and spirit,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmmecK09 and ALL,

Please what are the requirements for Administrative charges for the Married couple for interview?

Do one need to go with statement of Account for a proof or how does it go?

I wish ALL of US on this forum a successful interviews ahead.The Lord that did for our seniors will equally perfect ALL that concerns US and WE WILL ALL come here and TESTIFY for the good thing that the Lord has already done,he is doing presently and HE WILL CONTINUE DOING in OUR lifes,AMEN

It is well with ALL of US,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which country are you having your interview?

The 2nd letter is the same as the interview letter. At the entrance of the embassy you need your interview letter/2nd letter and your passports to gain access to the embassy compound.

The affidavit of support can be sent on the same day of the interview. Did the embassy listed the documents to submit for the interview?

Thank you ammeck09 for your responce.
My aunt is having her interview in Zimbabwe, and the embassy requested for birth/marriage/police/highschool/photos-----both original and copies for principal applicant and dependants. They did not ask for the affidavit but i know if she does not have her own bank statements to show then she'll need the affidavit right?
Also, she has 2 dependants,when she applied one of them was 20years old but turned 21 after she had already submitted the DS-230, now when she received the 2nd NL there were only 2 names hers and that of the 17 year old dependant, the now 21 year old was not included. A fter contacting KCC to find out why he was not included she was told that because he is now 21 that is why they did not include him.She explained to them that their own LAW states that if the dependant was less than 21 years at the time of the application and turns 21 before the interview then the LAW prevents them from ageing out and will be treated and considered as if they were still under 21 years depending on the circumstance. KCC then told her thats yes she was right and they are aware of that and she MUSTstill go with him to the interview as it will be up to the CO do determine whether to grant him visa or not.
Now i dont think it will be a problem for the CO to grant him a visa as in his case it just happens that he is fully dependant on the mother because he had meningitis when he was a child and that led to him being a bit slow in learning.He is not on any medication at all but when you see him you can tell that he is not your typical 21 year old, and can not live on his own so he definately needs the mother. But now the problem is if you say the interview letter is the same as the 2nd NL then how will they let him inside the embassy when his name is not on that letter?

AmmecK09 and ALL,

Please what are the requirements for Administrative charges for the Married couple for interview?

Do one need to go with statement of Account for a proof or how does it go?

I wish ALL of US on this forum a successful interviews ahead.The Lord that did for our seniors will equally perfect ALL that concerns US and WE WILL ALL come here and TESTIFY for the good thing that the Lord has already done,he is doing presently and HE WILL CONTINUE DOING in OUR lifes,AMEN

It is well with ALL of US,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still awaiting your candid response to this question.

Thank you

getting a cheap ticket is now my problem.... where do i go ???

Delay
I think you have until February 2011 to get to US. I would suggest you book a ticket for October, November or January (after 5th) or February . These months are the cheapest months. If you can avoid avoid flying on weekend then the cheaper it will be. Just my advice.

getting a cheap ticket is now my problem.... where do i go ???

When are you planning to make your final move? To confirm what Oliseh said, I was also adviced to buy the ticket in October.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ammeck09 for your responce.
My aunt is having her interview in Zimbabwe, and the embassy requested for birth/marriage/police/highschool/photos-----both original and copies for principal applicant and dependants. They did not ask for the affidavit but i know if she does not have her own bank statements to show then she'll need the affidavit right?
Also, she has 2 dependants,when she applied one of them was 20years old but turned 21 after she had already submitted the DS-230, now when she received the 2nd NL there were only 2 names hers and that of the 17 year old dependant, the now 21 year old was not included. A fter contacting KCC to find out why he was not included she was told that because he is now 21 that is why they did not include him.She explained to them that their own LAW states that if the dependant was less than 21 years at the time of the application and turns 21 before the interview then the LAW prevents them from ageing out and will be treated and considered as if they were still under 21 years depending on the circumstance. KCC then told her thats yes she was right and they are aware of that and she MUSTstill go with him to the interview as it will be up to the CO do determine whether to grant him visa or not.
Now i dont think it will be a problem for the CO to grant him a visa as in his case it just happens that he is fully dependant on the mother because he had meningitis when he was a child and that led to him being a bit slow in learning.He is not on any medication at all but when you see him you can tell that he is not your typical 21 year old, and can not live on his own so he definately needs the mother. But now the problem is if you say the interview letter is the same as the 2nd NL then how will they let him inside the embassy when his name is not on that letter?

I am glad I poked my head in here.
Bro, if KCC 2nd NL do not have son's name in it, he MUST have aged out. It is a complicated matter, I personally know a case this year and thats why I had this following post sometime back in July.
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...ection...The-Imm.-Law-math-is-NOT-that-simple!!

If your Aunt would not leave without son, then ask her not to go for intvw and risk loosing app fees.
Do the math in that thread and see whether he is aged out, he probably must have, thats why KCC automated system did not incule his name. The case I know aged out just by 10 days, and did not get visa.
PM me if you need more info.

Best!

PS: do this math.........The date on the 1st NL MINUS 1st date of e-DV application period (which for DV10 was Oct 2nd 2008) = ? say x mos and y days.
When was the CN is current.....1st Aug or 1st Sept? and on that date what was his age = 21 yrs z mos and g days.

Now do [(21+z+g) MINUS (x mos +y days)] = less than 21 yrs or more? if even just one day more than 21, he is not eligible!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hello house! i think i may have made a mistake in form DS-230 Part 2 question no: 39-name and address of the petitioner :-( i wrote my name and my address instead of my relative's name and add in USA, am i right guys or not ? and if i'm wrong what shall i do now ? i'm so worried right now ... ur answers will be highly appreciated .. thanks

hello house! i think i may have made a mistake in form DS-230 Part 2 question no: 39-name and address of the petitioner :-( i wrote my name and my address instead of my relative's name and add in USA, am i right guys or not ? and if i'm wrong what shall i do now ? i'm so worried right now ... ur answers will be highly appreciated .. thanks

No you were not wrong!

Hello Ammeck your time is ticking really fast,you are just hours away to the promise land.I wish you and your family a safe journey.Go and possess your possessions in Jesus name and Please dont forget us.I'm also having my CP in london.Stay bless.

Hello Forumites,
Been away for some time now. I've moved camp to London where I'll be having my CP. Been a bit busy with a few businesses. Congrats to you Delay and Yasnificent for your successes. Ammeck may the God Lord be with you and enjoy journey mercies as you embark on your trip tommorow.

Hello Forumites,
Been away for some time now. I've moved camp to London where I'll be having my CP. Been a bit busy with a few businesses. Congrats to you Delay and Yasnificent for your successes. Ammeck may the God Lord be with you and enjoy journey mercies as you embark on your trip tommorow.

Donkay
Success in your upcoming interview. The good God who started a good work in you will surely bring it to accomplishment.

Hi All,
The last month o the fisacl year is finally with us. Let us all pray that as many people that go for thier interview in September are granted visas. Any unused visas after that are useless. Our prayers go to everybody that will attend their interview in September for 2010 and all 2011 selectees.
@VICnCJ I can see you're also attending your interview in London. Good Luck and Stay blessed.