• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Does anyone have an advise concerning if you live currently in the UK and your dv application was made in Ghana. What happens then? are you going to have your interview in the UK or Ghana. Pls advise. thank you.

Thanks for the reply. My application was sent to KCC in september. Will that be that reason why i am still not scheduled for an interview? when i called them in Dec i was told my application will be processed by 19th feb. Secondly i have not been able to get my waec certificate as i didnt collect it from waec and i had always used my result slip. I am currently doing my masters and wondering if thatshould be ok. Someone pls advise?

If you are going to use your waec result slip, you will need a scratch card to enable them verify your results online. Though you are currently doing a higher degree, they may still want to see your waec certificate or results. How long does it take to get the certificate from waec?

Does anyone have an advise concerning if you live currently in the UK and your dv application was made in Ghana. What happens then? are you going to have your interview in the UK or Ghana. Pls advise. thank you.

Do you currently live in the UK? Which city (London or Accra) did you put on the form sent to kcc (i.e. where you want to have your interview)? Where were you base when you won the lottery? Could you explain your case a bit for us to comment on?

I've been told the US embassy in Accra has stopped giving 6 months visas for immigrants. A friend who went for his visa yesterday called to tell me he was given two months plus some days. His visa is valid from 5th February to 19 April. Is that not strange. He said one other guy was given less than 2 months. Americabound can you confirm this story.

The American Embassy gave me 6 months...picked up the Visa Jan 15th...don't think its possible that the USA will only give you 2 months..unless your friend went to pick up the "Visitor's Visa" instead of the DV Lottery Immigrant Visa,

They will always give you at most 6 months to leave

I've been told the US embassy in Accra has stopped giving 6 months visas for immigrants. A friend who went for his visa yesterday called to tell me he was given two months plus some days. His visa is valid from 5th February to 19 April. Is that not strange. He said one other guy was given less than 2 months. Americabound can you confirm this story.

I don't think this is possible because all over the world dv applicants are giving 6 months, so I don't think Ghana will be exception.Every dv visa is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

The American Embassy gave me 6 months...picked up the Visa Jan 15th...don't think its possible that the USA will only give you 2 months..unless your friend went to pick up the "Visitor's Visa" instead of the DV Lottery Immigrant Visa,

They will always give you at most 6 months to leave

Thanks for making this clear to us.

I don't think this is possible because all over the world dv applicants are giving 6 months, so I don't think Ghana will be exception.Every dv visa is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

I was surprised when he said that.

My CN is far away from the current one, but I'm not perturb knowing it'll be current in the June bulletin. My CN start from 37....

Hi Guys,
I think for march and april 2010, the has been a significant change in the movement of case numbers. I hope this has nothing to to with our african brother who attempted the plain boombing.

Hi Guys,
I think for march and april 2010, the has been a significant change in the movement of case numbers. I hope this has nothing to to with our african brother who attempted the plain boombing.

I'm also baffled by the low CNs coming out - the bombing issue is just a speculation. Well I just hope that the next bulletin will be kind to us. Last year my CN was current in June and thought it could be current in May this year, but looking at what we are getting it'll not be different from last year.

My brothers are we safe, they way the visa bulletin is slow, i am begining to get scared that some us may not get current, please is there any one to give me some hopes?????????

My brother...do not be worried..your case will become current...usually by end of July, all cases are current...so make u no worry..just make sure you have all your documentation ready and medicals completed before your interview date

AmericaBound, thanks very much for uplifting my faith, i have also realised from previous visa bulletin that, during that period all numbers usually becomes current, i dey set already with everything, so as soon as i dey current i go put 2gethere everything sharp sharp. thanks very much bros

My brothers are we safe, they way the visa bulletin is slow, i am begining to get scared that some us may not get current, please is there any one to give me some hopes?????????

Looking at your CN, you will most likely be current in June - so you shouldn't be worried at all. Those with CN of 70xxx and over are still hopeful to be current?

It depends on the year. In September 2006, all numbers for Africa were current...however, in August 2008, only numbers up to 63000 were current...so it depends on the year...

You should always stay hopeful :)

I'm also baffled by the low CNs coming out - the bombing issue is just a speculation. Well I just hope that the next bulletin will be kind to us. Last year my CN was current in June and thought it could be current in May this year, but looking at what we are getting it'll not be different from last year.

ammeck, i'm a bite confuse. Did you win DV2009 lottery, if so what happened that you are still here?

Using Own Funds in Place of Affidavit of Support
When processing immigrant visa (IV) involving the use of the form I-864 or I-134 (affidavit of support), applicants are supposed to use the 125% of poverty. This is the minimum requirement to obtain an immigrant visa (IV). The 100% refer to those active members of the U.S. Armed Forces sponsoring their spouses and children.

In the issuance of a visa, the officer may consider certain factors (totality of circumstances) including the applicant’s age, health and education. An applicant can be deny the issuance of visa if the person appears likely to become a public charge despite meeting the poverty guidelines. However, one should not dwell too much on the “totality of circumstances” to serve as basis for meeting the poverty guidelines.

Base on the 2009 poverty guidelines, a man and his wife will need to have an amount of $18,212 to qualify for the visa.
Visit this website for more information http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/DATAOBJECTS/I_864P.pdf

Using Own Funds in Place of Affidavit of Support
When processing immigrant visa (IV) involving the use of the form I-864 or I-134 (affidavit of support), applicants are supposed to use the 125% of poverty. This is the minimum requirement to obtain an immigrant visa (IV). The 100% refer to those active members of the U.S. Armed Forces sponsoring their spouses and children.

In the issuance of a visa, the officer may consider certain factors (totality of circumstances) including the applicant’s age, health and education. An applicant can be deny the issuance of visa if the person appears likely to become a public charge despite meeting the poverty guidelines. However, one should not dwell too much on the “totality of circumstances” to serve as basis for meeting the poverty guidelines.

Base on the 2009 poverty guidelines, a man and his wife will need to have an amount of $18,212 to qualify for the visa.
Visit this website for more information http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/DATAOBJECTS/I_864P.pdf

Hi ammeck09,

As usual, thank you very much for the information.

The Untold Stories of DV Lottery Visa Rejection

Has anyone ever failed the medical examination?

To my knowledge, no one has ever been told that their rejection of a dv application was as a result of failed medical test/examination.

So what happens is that the applicant will be told that he/she doesn’t qualify based on education or work experience. But one thing annoying is, knowing you qualify based on education only to be told that you don’t qualify. There is nothing you can do to challenge them, other than to shed tears and go back home.