• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

I sent KCC another mail yeasterday and they sent me this reply today.

Thank you for your inquiry.
Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.
Interviews for the DV 2010 program will begin in October 2009 and conclude on September 30, 2010. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. After August 15, 2009, you may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers being processed. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. If you are scheduled for an interview, KCC will send a notification letter via the address you provided on question three of the DSP 122.

Thanks to you all for the responses.

I sent KCC another mail yeasterday and they sent me this reply today.

Thank you for your inquiry.
Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.
Interviews for the DV 2010 program will begin in October 2009 and conclude on September 30, 2010. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. After August 15, 2009, you may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers being processed. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. If you are scheduled for an interview, KCC will send a notification letter via the address you provided on question three of the DSP 122.

Thanks to you all for the responses.

Now that it has been confirmed, I hope you can now relax while waiting for your 2nd letter.

Hi, first of all, it's not advisable to put the whole digits of your CN in a public forum like this.

The answer to your question is both yes and no. Yes in the sense that someone who submits his forms late can be affected especially when it's a low number. Hence, if someone with a CN of 2010AF00005000 submit his forms in about a month before his CN becomes current, that person can have his interview after someone with a CN of 2010AF00005200 who submitted his forms three months before being current. Thus, it depends on when the number becomes current and when the forms is sent to KCC.

sure bout that dont know wat was happenin to mi i was in a hurry thst i ended up forgetin nway iz cool now i edited that quote ...thnx

hi everybody, i called kcc today my interview is on the 20th of october.glory ge to the lord

hi everybody, i called kcc today my interview is on the 20th of october.glory ge to the lord

wow! then you need to be fast in getting your documents in order and to start arranging for your medicals. Good luck to you.

Where are my fellow Ghanaians, come here in your numbers and let's discuss issues about documents and the American Embassy in Ghana. Past winners could also offer their experience here - which in the long-run will guide us in achieving our dreams.

i want u to explain this |affidavit of support" thing to me?

Affidavit of Support

Purpose of Form: To show that visa applicants have sponsorship and will not become public charges while in the United States. The sponsor must file a separate affidavit for each applicant.
Number of Pages: Form: 2 pages. Instructions: 3 pages.
Where to File: You must sign Form I-134 in your full name. (Note: Signing Form I-135 is under penalty of perjury under U.S. law). For this reason, it is not necessary to sign Form I-134 before a notary, nor to have your signature notarize after you sign it.

Where you submit the form depends on whether the alien you are sponsoring is in or outside the United States and what type of application is being submitted. See the instructions provided with the corresponding application for detailed information on where to submit this affidavit of support.

Public Charge refers to "becoming dependent upon the government for the expenses of living (food, shelter, clothing, etc.). Following U.S. immigration law, an applicant is ineligible for a visa if he/she will be a public charge".

Check here for U.S. Department of State

Read More Here

Medical report and likely interview questions for couples

Hi,:)

Im also a dv lottery winner for Ghana and want to find out answers to these question of mine.

1. Are we to go for the first interview with our medical report?
2. Any likely interview questions for couples from previous winners?

Lets keep in touch and congratulation to my fellow winners.

Im also a dv lottery winner for Ghana and want to find out answers to these question of mine.

1. Yes, you need to complete your medicals and have it at hand before you attend the interview.

2. There are no standard questions, you need to go through the Ghana dv-2009 and Nigeria dv-2009 for previous winners experiences, and the questions they were asked.

Where are my fellow Ghanaians, come here in your numbers and let's discuss issues about documents and the American Embassy in Ghana. Past winners could also offer their experience here - which in the long-run will guide us in achieving our dreams.

Hi man we are watching from afar the good you are doing. I support you, more guys should join. I will comment when I need to. Good luck to all schedule for interview. My advice is be cheerful nd make sure you understand a question b4 u answer.

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Sucessful second interview 16/04/2009
visa pick up 24/04/2009
Picked up visas for the Two 24/04/09
POE JFK 25/05/09
SSN Applied 27/05/09
First SSN recieved 06/06/09
State ID recieved 08/06/09
Wife's SSN recieved 12/06/09
Wife's Welcome letter 12/06/09
Welcome leter 13/06/09
Wife green card 27/06/09
Got my green card 28/06/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God

Last edited by a moderator:

1. No if you don't want to take that risk of losing the medical fee that is what is in your form. If you want your visa fast track get your med first. Nothing wrong with either.
2. Refer to my tread or any past tread of Ghana. Visit the Nigerian tread too

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Sucessful second interview 16/04/2009
visa pick up 24/04/2009
Picked up visas for the Two 24/04/09
POE JFK 25/05/09
SSN Applied 27/05/09
First SSN recieved 06/06/09
State ID recieved 08/06/09
Wife's SSN recieved 12/06/09
Wife's Welcome letter 12/06/09
Welcome leter 13/06/09
Wife green card 27/06/09
Got my green card 28/06/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God

Thx man

1. Yes, you need to complete your medicals and have it at hand before you attend the interview.

2. There are no standard questions, you need to go through the Ghana dv-2009 and Nigeria dv-2009 for previous winners experiences, and the questions they were asked.

Thx for your explanation in lets keep in torch

You can go for the interview without the medicals if you are uncertain about getting the visa. I said yes because most winners go for the interview when they have completed the medicals. In that way, if you pass the interview, you get the decision instantly, unless they put you under administrative process.

Hi awuk,:(

All the best n don't 4get to get all u're documents ready.

thanks alexee357.i got my 2nd NL today, have already started the medicals and the police clearance takes just 5working days.all other things are ready so i shd be good by the end of the month by God grace.