• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

September visa bulletin is out. Africa is current except Egypt: 22,900 and Ethiopia: 23,900.

What an incredible figure, 8,752 Ghanaians were selected for further processing. I think the highest among all the countries that participated in the lottery programme. Is this good for the country or not?

I hope it doesn't put us into the countries whose natives are not eligible to participate in the subsequent DV programmes.

Hi Guys,

I joined the forum today. I have a strange case, I recieved the NL yesterday when my former flat mate informed me that I had mail, the NL is dated 28th May, date stamped on envelope is 9th May, my question is do I have anything to worry about in terms of returning the forms on Monday June 13th? oh my # 2010AF0008****...is that good or bad? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

I joined the forum today. I have a strange case, I recieved the NL yesterday when my former flat mate informed me that I had mail, the NL is dated 28th May, date stamped on envelope is 9th May, my question is do I have anything to worry about in terms of returning the forms on Monday June 13th? oh my # 2010AF0008****...is that good or bad? Thanks in advance!

Don't worry, you still have more time to submit your forms. It can be submitted anytime during the year, but you may gain some advantage if you submit in time (early). Your CN is quite high but just have the believe, nothing is impossible.

Don't worry, you still have more time to submit your forms. It can be submitted anytime during the year, but you may gain some advantage if you submit in time (early). Your CN is quite high but just have the believe, nothing is impossible.

Thanks so much for clearing that up.

September visa bulletin is out. Africa is current except Egypt: 22,900 and Ethiopia: 23,900.

What an incredible figure, 8,752 Ghanaians were selected for further processing. I think the highest among all the countries that participated in the lottery programme. Is this good for the country or not?

I hope it doesn't put us into the countries whose natives are not eligible to participate in the subsequent DV programmes.

Information reaching me indicates that the 7,322 GHANAIAN that won the lottery for 2009, the maximum visa to be granted is 3,500 according to the DV Lottery rule.

Does anyone have idea about the DV Lottery Rules?

I hope many Ghanaians will appreciate the contributions of this dv-lottery to their family lives.

It's my fervent hope that Ghanaian dv-lottery winners will always find a useful website like this in order not to joepardise their chances of getting the visa.

According to statistics, Ghana is one of the most significant beneficiaries of the DV programme. In terms of lottery winners, Ghana is third in sub-Saharan Africa and eighth in the world.

Tadig

Guys,

I joined the forum today and i'm so excited to be a member.
I received my NL for DV 2010 on May 15, 2009 and have already returned the forms to KCC. My problem that, God willing I will be getting married on July 25 and I dont know if it will be possible to fill a new form for my her since on the form I indicated that i am single.

Brothers any ideas?

Guys,

I joined the forum today and i'm so excited to be a member.
I received my NL for DV 2010 on May 15, 2009 and have already returned it to KCC. My problem that, God willing I will be getting married on July 25 and I dont know if it will be possible to fill a new form for my her since on the form I indicated that i am single.

Brothers any ideas?

You can continue with your arrangements, get married and submit another completed form to kcc to update your file. Also, don't forget to include a photocopy of the marriage certificate with the forms. Try to get as many pictures as you can during the marriage ceremony, also it will be better if you could obtain some old pictures of both of you.

But be sure your marriage is a proper one and one thing you should not forget is you must live with your wife in the same home agter your marriage. Let people around your home and your relatives aware of this marriage, because the consulate will surely visit your home to ascertain the authencity of the marriage.

Many past winners have been refused their visas base on engaging in fraudulent marriages. Read more warning notification from the US Embassy in Ghana:
http://www.modernghana.com/news/102526/1/police-stop-us-visa-lottery-fraud.html
http://news.thinkghana.com/news/200810/23157.php
http://www.usagcls.com/Sep2.asp

Tadig

ammeck09, your advise is well taken, and I can assure you that this marriage is a genuine one. Thank you very much.

Tadig

ammeck09, pls considering my CN 2010AF0004XXXX
when am likely to receive my 2nd letter for the interview?

ammeck09, pls considering my CN 2010AF0004XXXX
when am likely to receive my 2nd letter for the interview?

Expect your interview in July or August based on past visa bulletins. If you are lucky, it could happen in June. So expect the 2nd letter in June or July.

hi all,
i am a ghanaian and a winner of dv 2010. thanks all for the good works you have been doing here.

If one does not have WAEC O/L or SSCE but managed to get admission to univ as a matured student and completed a bachelor's degree, does that person qualifies on the education route despite not having a WAEC certificate?

If one does not have WAEC O/L or SSCE but managed to get admission to univ as a matured student and completed a bachelor's degree, does that person qualifies on the education route despite not having a WAEC certificate?

I don't have any comment on this issue, hope some forumers will help.

I'm afraid to inform you that there's no way you'd be deemed to have met the educational qualification requirements if you do not possess at least 5 WAEC or SSCE O/L credits in not more than two sittings. Whether you eventually go on to acquire a Ph.D as an adult/mature student or not is totally irrelevant.
The qualification requirements are either at least 5 WAEC or SSCE O/L credits in not more than 2 sittings or at least a 2 year job experience in an occupation on the specified list of required jobs/occupations.
I wonder how you were able to secure an admission into a degree program in a university when you lack the basic admission requirements.

Information reaching me indicates that the 7,322 GHANAIAN that won the lottery for 2009, the maximum visa to be granted is 3,500 according to the DV Lottery rule.

Does anyone have idea about the DV Lottery Rules?

It could be true because not all the people who win qualify and not all pursue their cases and therefore, more could win but few would be issued visas. For the embassy so long visas are available somebody will be current and be interviewed.

I like the way you guys are visiting the forum. It will let a lot you if not all get visasa yhis year keep it up.

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Sucessful second interview 16/04/2009
visa pick up 24/04/2009
Picked up visas for the Two 24/04/09
POE JFK 25/05/09
SSN Applied 27/05/09
First SSN recieved 06/06/09
State ID recieved 08/06/09
Wife's SSN recieved 12/06/09
Wife's Welcome letter 12/06/09
Welcome leter 13/06/09
Wife green card 27/06/09
Got my green card 28/06/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God

Hi man, I think there is hope for you. But answer the following: Were you working before you to the university with mature rout? Where are working now?
if you used work experience like 'A' 4 year teachers certificate to go to the university you can qualify base on education. You see the O' level and SSCE is the basic requirment, so if you went to the university in a genuine manner cool.

However, if you are currently working and that is what you were doing before you went to the university, then I will advise use work experience. But send all certificate to the embassy on interview day.

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
visa pick up 24/04/2009
POE JFK 25/05/09
SSN Applied 27/05/09
Welcome leter 13/06/09
Wife green card 27/06/09
Got green card 28/06/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God

All new members try and give details of your case.

NL recieved 18th April
Current in December
Police Cert completed
medicals completed
visa pick up 24/04/2009
POE JFK 25/05/09
SSN Applied 27/05/09
Welcome leter 13/06/09
Wife green card 27/06/09
Got green card 28/06/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of

I will try to bring to the attention of Ghanaian winners and forumers/future winners about some important issues they need to consider before processing further the dv lottery visa.

There are three strict criteria that every applicant needs to consider before entering into the dv-lottery programme. These criteria are the Educational Standard, Perfect Medical Report and Security Clearance. Thus, it's advisable not to play the DV-Lottery if one does not meet these criteria. Once these are not met, a winner will be automatically disqualified from obtaining the visa. The mere fact that one has won the dv-lottery does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Important Documents to Gather
1. The Notification Letter received from the KCC.
2. Passport with the minimum validity of at least 6 months.
3. Evidence of High School completion and WAEC result sheets or Work experience/training.
4. Medical examination certificate from embassy recommended Medical Centre.
5. Birth Certificate
6. Police clearance certificate (from applicants 16 years and older) from every country in which they have lived for 6 months or more after the age of 16.
7. Passport size photograph (2" X 2") photos in colour on white background.
8. Visa processing fee ($775 per applicant).

In addition, the following documents are necessary if they are applicable to one's application
1.Deportation Papers
2.Court and Prison Record
3.Military Record
4.Marriage Certificate
5.Termination of Prior Marriages

Note: Photocopies of the above documents are required for interview.