• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Hi, please how much did you pay to get the new passport? The passport i have (e.passport) is in my maiden name because i got it before i got married and it actually still has a valid b1/b2 us visa on it, but i need to get another one in my husbands name since i applied and won the dv lottery in my husbands name. Please also let me know if i will need my marriage cert. And newspaper publication of change of name in order to have them change the surname. And lastly, did you get the passport in lagos or abuja? Because someone told me that to be able to effect any change on an e passport, it has to be done in abuja. Thanks.

good afternoon every one, please i want to know how much is the new visa fees and the kind of passport to be taken to the embassy. Our interview is october, we just receive our second letter yesterday.
Secondly i want to know if am to use my husband name or my maiden name on my birth certificate from npc, am a little bit confuse about it because all the people i ask about it told me different thing, am suppose to have done it, just because i don't know what to do. Please i really need an urgent help so that i can start it. Thank you.

hi, please how much did you pay to get the new passport? The passport i have (e.passport) is in my maiden name because i got it before i got married and it actually still has a valid b1/b2 us visa on it, but i need to get another one in my husbands name since i applied and won the dv lottery in my husbands name. Please also let me know if i will need my marriage cert. And newspaper publication of change of name in order to have them change the surname. And lastly, did you get the passport in lagos or abuja? Because someone told me that to be able to effect any change on an e passport, it has to be done in abuja. Thanks.

Hello ALL,

Please what are the requirements for Administrative charges for the Married couple for interview?

Do one need to go with statement of Account for a proof or how does it go?
I wish ALL of US on this forum a successful interviews ahead.The Lord that did for our seniors will equally perfect ALL that concerns US and WE WILL ALL come here and TESTIFY for the good thing that the Lord has already done,he is doing presently and HE WILL CONTINUE DOING in OUR lifes,AMEN

It is well with ALL of US,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good afternoon every one, please i want to know how much is the new visa fees and the kind of passport to be taken to the embassy. our interview is October, we just receive our second letter yesterday.
Secondly i want to know if am to use my husband name or my maiden name on my birth certificate from npc, am a little bit confuse about it because all the people i ask about it told me different thing, am suppose to have done it, just because i don't know what to do. please i really need an urgent help so that i can start it. thank you.

The visa fee is $819 per each applicant ($819 x 2 for you and your husband). You need the new e-passport to attend the interview.
You can't change your maiden name on your birth certificate to your husband name. That is totally wrong and could amount to denial.

Hello ALL,

Please what are the requirements for Administrative charges for the Married couple for interview?

Do one need to go with statement of Account for a proof or how does it go?
I wish ALL of US on this forum a successful interviews ahead.The Lord that did for our seniors will equally perfect ALL that concerns US and WE WILL ALL come here and TESTIFY for the good thing that the Lord has already done,he is doing presently and HE WILL CONTINUE DOING in OUR lifes,AMEN

It is well with ALL of US,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HilAll,

Still awaiting prompt response to this question.

It is well with ALL of US!!!!!!!!!!

HilAll,

Still awaiting prompt response to this question.

It is well with ALL of US!!!!!!!!!!

Hi pal,
administrative process simply means that the consular is doubting the couples' answers and he needs further verification and assurance that they are truly married.....so the couple will be given another date for further interview where intimate questions will be asked.
And one does not need any account statement for immigrant visa interview.
hope i list out some points for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, please how much did you pay to get the new passport? The passport i have (e.passport) is in my maiden name because i got it before i got married and it actually still has a valid b1/b2 us visa on it, but i need to get another one in my husbands name since i applied and won the dv lottery in my husbands name. Please also let me know if i will need my marriage cert. And newspaper publication of change of name in order to have them change the surname. And lastly, did you get the passport in lagos or abuja? Because someone told me that to be able to effect any change on an e passport, it has to be done in abuja. Thanks.

hi gracious God, i know a friend that did it for 45k just because of the place of birth....though not sure if that's the real price.......so i will advice to start the processing soonest and it's only done in abuja since the old one is e passport. just take both document along with you for the passport to avoid some silly question and pesters from the immigration officer at the passport office.
hope i answer you question.

Safe journey master ammeck02

Today, AMMECK02, one of the masters of this great forum will be travelling to the stats. Bro u are a pillar in this forum and u'll always be cherishd in our hearts. May the almighty God grant u and ur family safe trip to ur destination. Amen!

Hi pal,
administrative process simply means that the consular is doubting the couples' answers and he needs further verification and assurance that they are truly married.....so the couple will be given another date for further interview where intimate questions will be asked.
And one does not need any account statement for immigrant visa interview.
hope i list out some points for you.

Thank you Simon2710,I appreciate your advice.

Oliseh and others for interview shortly,we wish you a successful interview ahead.

ammeck09,wishing you safe journey and txs for your assistance to ALL .

We shall ALL celebtrate,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi forumites, happy new month. Pls i need quick response to my questions. I want to know if i can start my medicals by next week without the 2nd N/L and how am suppose to about it bcos i am expecting my interview to come up by November. However, i sent my form to KCC on the 7th of July via registered mail, how soon should i expect my 2nd N/L and is there any chance of getting it before November. Allah that has started the good work in US will sure finish it in US Insha Allah

Hi forumites, happy new month. Pls i need quick response to my questions. I want to know if i can start my medicals by next week without the 2nd N/L and how am suppose to about it bcos i am expecting my interview to come up by November. However, i sent my form to KCC on the 7th of July via registered mail, how soon should i expect my 2nd N/L and is there any chance of getting it before November. Allah that has started the good work in US will sure finish it in US Insha Allah

Hi,

Happy new month to you too and the entire house. The 2nd NL is not required by the clinic for the examination. However, considering the time you sent your forms to KCC, I'll advise you wait for the next visa bulletin b4 rushing to the clinic.

All the best.

Hello all in the house am sory for staying away from the forum for some time now ,am busy going abt and doing some preparations consignimg the booking of ticket and al dat for my traveling 2 texas in the united state b4 the month runs out. And also let me welcome al the new members to the house the 2011 winner ur case shal nt b different here in jesus name the lord that did it for us all 2010 winers in this same forum wil surely do urs in jesus name AMEN..Oga joeque how is every thing with u and ur family are u stil in naja or u re already in the state now u said u book flight with qatar airways how did every thing went through, am equaly planin 2 use qatar i went to their office on monday for enquiry abt ticket and i was told dat the price is #156 .000 for Economic class and that there wil be stop over at doha for 9hrs with no hotel reservation dat we are to stay at a hall in the airport over there at the airport reception and he said the hall is conducive and okay, before we be connected to another flight and all that, and he said qatar only go to Houston in texas, washinton and newyork them do not travel to any other part of the us.

Good evening every one, please i want to know if i am to use my husband name on my birth certificate from npc. what i mean is that i have not done it, i want to know what to use, so that i will not make any mistake. please i need an urgent response to these question.
Secondly i want know the sizes of passport to be taken to the embassy.Thank you.

@ isee she is to submit all the require document on that date at the embassy hall and u are to show the security guards ur interview leter dat caries ur name and the interview date along with ur e- passport at the gate of the embassy b4 u wil allow to go in for further procedure and for the affidavit of surport i asure u dat dem dont ask for it but you can as well take it along to the embasy on that morning wishing u succes and remember to pray and comit the interview into Gods hand and also pray at home dat morning b4 living ur house to the embasy remember to take all required document along and the visa fee 819 usd with God everytin wil went smothly and the last statement from the C O shal be congratulation and welcome to the united state in jesus name AMEN.

ddoonn thank you for your response and i receive it in Jesus name AMEN!!!!!
Just one more question,for the second letter you showed at the embassy,did you just show the first page that had your name and interview date or you also showed the last page that had names of dependants aswell?
Thanks again.

Hello all in the house am sory for staying away from the forum for some time now ,am busy going abt and doing some preparations consignimg the booking of ticket and al dat for my traveling 2 texas in the united state b4 the month runs out. And also let me welcome al the new members to the house the 2011 winner ur case shal nt b different here in jesus name the lord that did it for us all 2010 winers in this same forum wil surely do urs in jesus name AMEN..Oga joeque how is every thing with u and ur family are u stil in naja or u re already in the state now u said u book flight with qatar airways how did every thing went through, am equaly planin 2 use qatar i went to their office on monday for enquiry abt ticket and i was told dat the price is #156 .000 for Economic class and that there wil be stop over at doha for 9hrs with no hotel reservation dat we are to stay at a hall in the airport over there at the airport reception and he said the hall is conducive and okay, before we be connected to another flight and all that, and he said qatar only go to Houston in texas, washinton and newyork them do not travel to any other part of the us. Wishing the 2011 members success as u go for ur interview any one can also hook me up on my face book id is eddydprince_donab@yahoo.com and yahoo messenger id eddydprince_donab@yahoo.com and my mobile is +2348167749743

Hello forumites............i dont know why people do vote for qatar airlines so much when they could settle for better and cheaper airline.........im very sorry to state it this way but i think some folks may need it.
i got to united states with Royal Air Maroc for just 119.600k while we had just 4hrs stop-over in Morocco.........their service is very ok by me and safer.
so, guys while paying more money for what u can see at lesser price.....just think about.......and i just got to united states last wk......so check their ticket fee and compare............see u guys in states.

If l understand your situation well which is that you won and did your medicals with your maiden name and now you have a new passport with your husband's name; you dont have a problem all you need do is inform kcc of the change of surname due to marriage with papers to prove it. You dont need another medical, kcc will forward your explanation to the embassy before your interview. I hope l answered your question but if not, give me a mail and will be happy to assist.
Thank you ohis
and ajaylagos, i really appreciate. Concerning the changes to kcc, i
dont understand, do you mean i should sent email about my change of name
to kcc,because we updated my case,about my getting married, to kcc at
the initial time we filled the form.Do i need to inform kcc about my
change of name?please tell me what to do.
Secondly,i want to know if the result of the medical test is been
forwarded to the embassy,apart from the x-ray and screening result they
do give after the medical examination.if they do forward the result,
that means i have to do another medical examination because the new
passport am about to get we bear a new date and a new passport
number.But will it affect me on the day of my interview, because they
will still have the record of the old medical result i did in June.What
if the consular officer should ask me why i did another medical
examination and why is the former medical result carrying my surname
instead of my husband name.What will i say. Please i really need you
guys assistants. Thank you.

My pple in d house, how una dey? I'm 2busy wit my travellin stuff. I wil b constant once i'm done. All dv2011 winners goin 4 interview nxt mont, i congratulate u in advance!

My people in the house please I have a question bothering me before I proceed to the final stage, the name I av on my NECO doesn't carried my second name, for example it has my surname and my first name and the NECO certificate has no passport on it, and all my documents has my surname, my first name and my middle name. what do you think I can do? though all the remaining documents like my epassport, birth certficate has my full names and my industrial training letter. please your advice is really appreciated. thank you.