• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

joequi,
"When a conutry or a region becomes current, what it means is that the number of visa available for issuance is more than the number of DV applicants available for interview.

For example in Nigeria, we have about 500 persons remaining for the month of September and the number of visa available is 300. Which means that 22,000 - 22,301 will be schedule for interview, while the remaining 200 will not be schedule since the DV2010 will round-off by September.

However, if we have about 500 persons remaining and the visa numbers available is about 600, which means that there are alot of visa numbers available than the number of Dv applicants, hence it will be declear current. That is the number of visa number available is more that the actual number of DV applicants that would be schedule for interview at the end of the DV2010 exercise.

I trust you understand how it works now."

How did u arrive at this 300 current out of 500 from nigeria for september.Pls explain futher.

Thanks for the good job ure doing here and may the Lord bless u.

joequi,
"When a conutry or a region becomes current, what it means is that the number of visa available for issuance is more than the number of DV applicants available for interview.

For example in Nigeria, we have about 500 persons remaining for the month of September and the number of visa available is 300. Which means that 22,000 - 22,301 will be schedule for interview, while the remaining 200 will not be schedule since the DV2010 will round-off by September.

However, if we have about 500 persons remaining and the visa numbers available is about 600, which means that there are alot of visa numbers available than the number of Dv applicants, hence it will be declear current. That is the number of visa number available is more that the actual number of DV applicants that would be schedule for interview at the end of the DV2010 exercise.

How did u arrive at this 300 current out of 500 from nigeria for september.Pls explain futher.

It is a good thing and am happy everyone in Nigeria no matter ur case file number is current. That means who stand the chance to have the last shot at the Embassy. It is gonna be awesome!

However not happy with Lewis4 and Ajayilagos, both benefited from other folks' experience and ran away with theirs. Haba!

Can som1 help me out pls...! I was checking up my documents and i discovered my primary sch certificate does nt have Addmission number. But i can assure u it's original (frm d headmaster's office). Do you think d embassy will nt use dis against me. Pls, i need ur reply.

IT IS NOT NEEDED!...just have all dates offhand!
U DONT NEED IT

Its ok.God will see all of us through.Amen.Weemploy all that have had interview to share their exper

@ Johny001 Pls how did ur interview went....come and break the news to us joor for it is very much needed
@ ajaylagos What is keeping u from sharing ur interview experience....we're still waiting, pls
come lets rejoice together

Stp

Dear All,

My CN is 2011AF00005xxx and my challenge is that; I'll be leaving for Canada in August this year for further studies. But my country of chargeability as at the time I was completing the DSP-122 form was Ghana. Please I need your help. What should I do since by the time my 2nd NL arrives in Ghana I'll be in Canada. Is it possible for me to switch consular services from Accra to Toronto? Please help me.

Worried Boy

Dear All,

My CN is 2011AF00005xxx and my challenge is that; I'll be leaving for Canada in August this year for further studies. But my country of chargeability as at the time I was completing the DSP-122 form was Ghana. Please I need your help. What should I do since by the time my 2nd NL arrives in Ghana I'll be in Canada. Is it possible for me to switch consular services from Accra to Toronto? Please help me.

Worried Boy

I think I've commented on this your issue in the Ghana thread. Once your case number is not current you can sent email to KCC asking them to change your country of interview to Canada. Include your case number, full name, and date of birth in your communication with KCC.

joequi,

stonesanjay,

I used that figure to illustrate my point, in fact it was just an example to explain the way it works.

Are u sayin, i should exempt pry sch cert. I thought we are 2go along wit all our document, most especially d one we filled in d form. If it's nt inclusive, den i tink i betta drop it instead of implicating myself.

Ohis,

please forget about your primary school certificate, it wasn't included in the documents to come with.

Brother have you gotten your 2nd letter?, its taken some time. I knew somebody in Ghanian thread that got his letter on the 29th of June.

I'm very grateful to you, Ammeck. Someone also said on the Ghana thread that it was too late to change. I'm calm now since you've given me the assurance. I've already mailed these changes to KCC.

God bless you all for your support...

stonesanjay,

I used that figure to illustrate my point, in fact it was just an example to explain the way it works.

Thank you joequi.
The Lord will fill your mouth will laughter.
It is well with u and wishing u a successful interview ahead.
Regards.

HOUSE I HAVE COLLECTED MY TRANSCRIPT FROM MY SCHOOL WERE I GRADUATED SINCE YEAR 2008, BUT IT WAS SEALED AND STAMPED BY THE SCHOOL DEPT OF EXAMS AND RECORDS. SO AM ASKING IF I SHOULD OPEN IT AND MAKE DUPLICATE TO THE PHOTOCOPIED DOCUMENTS OR I SHOULD LIVE IT LIKE THAT AS IT IS IN THE SEALED ENVELOPE AND TAKE TO THE EMBASSY JUST ORIGINAL I NEED YOUR INPUT HOUSE THANKS.......... I WISH EVERY ONE OF US WAITING FOR INTERVIEW SUCCESS OUR CASE SHALL NOT BE DIFFERENT THE LORD GOD SHALL SEE US THROUGH IN JESUS NAME...........@AJAYLAGOS AND JOHNNY THE HOUSE IS STILL WAITING TO READ YOUR INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE AND ALL THE PROCESS ON THAT DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW........AJAYLAGOS I GUEST YOU MUST HAVE PICK UP YOUR VISA BY NOW . Home Country : Nigeria
Entered Dv lottery : 20th Nov 2008
CN: 2010AF00011***
1st NL received: 20 Oct 2009 via e-mail
Returned forms to kcc via post office: 17 Nov 2009
Confirmed delivery from kcc: 3rd December 2009
2nd NL recieved via Post Office: 9th march 2010
Police Report Started and complited: 16th march 2010
Started medicals: 16th March 2010
Completed Medicals: 24th March 2010
Interview Date: 06 April 2010 Police Report Renew : waiting Interview Reschedule By Embassy to : 4th August 2010
Interview Result: waiting. Visa Pick Up : waiting HIM ALONE BE ALL THE GLORY.

I need someone to quickly help me on what to do... I sent a mail to kcc last year, correcting my mistakes. In DS-230, #20 n #10, i missarranged my place of residence. instead of me to start with my present residence; i started with my birth residence and i also mistakingly used my dad has my petitioner. I'm just observing that the mistakes was not corrected bcos i didnt input my date of birth along wit my info. now i'm scheduled for interview....should i ignore that or i should mail Lagos Embassy for the correction? my opinion initially, is to print out a copy of the mail i sent and take it to the embassy incase they come up with such issues during my interview. Is that opinion good to go? Pls, i need a fast reply.

I need someone to quickly help me on what to do... I sent a mail to kcc last year, correcting my mistakes. In DS-230, #20 n #10, i missarranged my place of residence. instead of me to start with my present residence; i started with my birth residence and i also mistakingly used my dad has my petitioner. I'm just observing that the mistakes was not corrected bcos i didnt input my date of birth along wit my info. now i'm scheduled for interview....should i ignore that or i should mail Lagos Embassy for the correction? my opinion initially, is to print out a copy of the mail i sent and take it to the embassy incase they come up with such issues during my interview. Is that opinion good to go? Pls, i need a fast reply.

I made same mistake of petitioner when filling my Dsp forms and I did notify KCC with changes. They told me the information has been included in my case file.
What was their response when u notified them of these mistakes? I don't this should be a problem, I mean this people are humans and they understands minor
mistakes. Others will enlight better on these........

HOUSE I HAVE COLLECTED MY TRANSCRIPT FROM MY SCHOOL WERE I GRADUATED SINCE YEAR 2008, BUT IT WAS SEALED AND STAMPED BY THE SCHOOL DEPT OF EXAMS AND RECORDS. SO AM ASKING IF I SHOULD OPEN IT AND MAKE DUPLICATE TO THE PHOTOCOPIED DOCUMENTS OR I SHOULD LIVE IT LIKE THAT AS IT IS IN THE SEALED ENVELOPE AND TAKE TO THE EMBASSY JUST ORIGINAL I NEED YOUR INPUT HOUSE THANKS.......... I WISH EVERY ONE OF US WAITING FOR INTERVIEW SUCCESS OUR CASE SHALL NOT BE DIFFERENT THE LORD GOD SHALL SEE US THROUGH IN JESUS NAME...........@AJAYLAGOS AND JOHNNY THE HOUSE IS STILL WAITING TO READ YOUR INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE AND ALL THE PROCESS ON THAT DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW........AJAYLAGOS I GUEST YOU MUST HAVE PICK UP YOUR VISA BY NOW . Home Country : Nigeria
Interview Date: 06 April 2010 Police Report Renew : waiting Interview Reschedule By Embassy to : 4th August 2010

Dear ddoonn,
May we know why ur interview was re-scheduled? Moreover, why is transcript needed by the embassy during your interview?

I can't understand.
During my time, I collected a letter from my University indicating that I was a 400-level student; and it was address to the embassy; I was given a copy. This letter was not looked at on that D-Day.

And by the Grace of GOD everything went well.

I was already in the States when a friend and my dad helped to apply and obtained my Transcript which was ADDRESSED to the University in the States that I have applied to. My Dad mailed it to me.
Again, by HIS grace everthing is working out fine.

So my brother, I don't think they need ur transcript; alternatively, a letter of notification of result would have been ok if you just graduated; well, I hope this will guide you on what to do next.

Good luck.
Navigator

HOUSE I NEED A CLARIFFICATION CONSIGNING THIS ISSUE OF PHOTOGRAPH, WHICH ONE IS NEEDED IN THE EMBASSY ??? IS IT THE PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH LIKE THE ONE FOR THE LOTTERY OR A FULL PHOTOGRAPH OF THE PERSON. Home Country : Nigeria

Dear ddoonn,
May we know why ur interview was re-scheduled? Moreover, why is transcript needed by the embassy during your interview?

I can't understand.
During my time, I collected a letter from my University indicating that I was a 400-level student; and it was address to the embassy; I was given a copy. This letter was not looked at on that D-Day.

And by the Grace of GOD everything went well.

I was already in the States when a friend and my dad helped to apply and obtained my Transcript which was ADDRESSED to the University in the States that I have applied to. My Dad mailed it to me.
Again, by HIS grace everthing is working out fine.

So my brother, I don't think they need ur transcript; alternatively, a letter of notification of result would have been ok if you just graduated; well, I hope this will guide you on what to do next.

Good luck.
Navigator
NAVIGATOR THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONDS......CONSIGNING THE REASON WHY MY INTERVIEW WAS RESCHEDULED I HAVE POST IT BEFORE ON THIS THREAD THAT IS ON PAGE 105 , BUT I CAN STIL GIVE YOU THE DETAILS.........MY INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED FOR 06 OF APRIL 2010 AT THE LAGOS CONSULATE BY 6 :AM , BUT UNFORTUNATELY ON THAT BLESSED DAY IT STARTED RAINING FROM 4 AM, SO I WAITED TILL ABOUT 5 :30 AM BEFORE LIVING THE HOUSE , SO AND I LIVE VERY FAR FROM VI AND ON THE WAY THAT MORNING THERE WAS TRAFFIC PROBLEM IN THE ROAD OF LAGOS , SO I ARRIVED AT THE EMBASSY FEW MINUTE TO 8 AM, SO I MET THE SECURITY GARD HE NOW ASK ME TO BRING OUT MY APPOINTMENT LETTER AND THAT I SHOULD OPEN THE SEALED MEDICAL ENVELOPE I AND 8 EIGHT OTHER MEMBERS THIS WAS AT THE GATE OF THE EMBASSY BEFORE A BLACK NIGERIAN LADY NOW WALK DOWN TO THE GATE AND ASK US TO SEND E-MAIL TO LAGOSIV@STATE.GOV TO RESCHEDULE OUR INTERVIEW THAT WE CAN NOT BE INTERVIEW ANY LONGER ON THAT VERY DAY THAT IT PASS THE TIME WE ARE TO PRESENT AT THE EMBASSY. AFTER I SEND THE MAIL THEM NOW FIX MY OWN INTERVIEW TILL 4TH OF AUGUST 2010 I HOPE YOU GET ME............PACTAINING TO THE TRANSCRIPT ISSUE, I ONLY HAVE MY NOTIFICATION OF RESULT AND THE ORIGINAL CERT IS NOT READY YET THAT IS WHY I WANT TO ADD THE TRANSCRIPT TO IT, AND SOME OTHER FORUMITE HAVE BEEN DOING LIKEWISE ALSO ,ADDING TRANSCRIPT TO NOTIFICATION OF RESULT. CHEERS.
Home Country : Nigeria

2nl not yet received

Ohis,

please forget about your primary school certificate, it wasn't included in the documents to come with.

Brother have you gotten your 2nd letter?, its taken some time. I knew somebody in Ghanian thread that got his letter on the 29th of June.

Joequi, i haven't gotten mine o! I'm given it next wk, if i don't receive it by then i tink i will call KCC to send d document 2me as an attachment for me to download. I tink dat wil b d next option.

They decline 2 reveal my case

I made same mistake of petitioner when filling my Dsp forms and I did notify KCC with changes. They told me the information has been included in my case file.
What was their response when u notified them of these mistakes? I don't this should be a problem, I mean this people are humans and they understands minor
mistakes. Others will enlight better on these........

Actually, Kcc refuse 2 reveal my case let alone correcting my mistakes. The reason is bcos i didn't include my DOB. Instead of me 2 adjust n resend it again, i relaxed hopin evry tin is done. Since my case is nw in Lagos embassy should i mail dem 4d correction?

NOTE / WARNING: ANY ONE GOING FOR HIS OR HER INTERVIEW SHOULD PLEASE TRY AND GET TO THE EMBASSY ON TIME TO AVOID RE-RESCHEDULLING AND BE AWARE OF THE TRAFFIC PROBLEM IN THE ROADS OF LAGOS WISH EVERY ONE SUCCESS.......... Home Country : Nigeria

NOTE / WARNING: ANY ONE GOING FOR HIS OR HER INTERVIEW SHOULD PLEASE TRY AND GET TO THE EMBASSY ON TIME TO AVOID RE-RESCHEDULLING AND BE AWARE OF THE TRAFFIC PROBLEM IN THE ROADS OF LAGOS WISH EVERY ONE SUCCESS.......... Home Country : Nigeria

Noted ddoon and thanks for the advice. I was thinking of staying in an uncle's place in festac but now I will go lodge in guest house at VI prior to my
interview day. Anyone who lives at VI who has an idea of a nice affordable hotel around/close to the embassy should let me know. Thanks